Politics and national security

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quantum Windbag, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Personally, I think the government should have as few secrets as possible, but I know that some things that should not be made public. details of covert operations fall into that category because they can sometimes harm people who are vulnerable to reprisal, like the Pakistani doctor who helped get the DNA that showed us where bin Laden was hiding. Yet, for some reason, the Obama administration is being unusually open about how decisions are made and how deeply Obama himself is involved in them. It is even more inexplicable given the fact that the Obama administration has prosecuted more leakers than every other president combined.

Looking at a calendar I can't help wondering if it has something to do with the upcoming election.

Loose lips and the Obama national security ship – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Many politicians are unable to keep their mouths shut about National Security. Apparently, the need to be seen as 'in the know' outweighs our security and the safety of those who undertake such tasks on behalf of a 'grateful' nation.

It seriously pisses me off that this Administration - far more than any other - is unable to shut the fuck up. Personally, I'd throw a few of them in prison for treason... providing 'aid and comfort' to our enemies in time of war... that's fucking treason.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1