Politics.. and Marriage

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I took the easy route and married a wonderful women who shared my point of view.. Obviously... she's rather brilliant, reasonable and naturally a Conservative Republican....:lol:

Now.. on a serious note.. (which is difficult for me) couldn't we all take these suggestions and apply them to the other members on the USMB.. singing cum-by-ya (?) and holding hands..

---------------------------------------------:eusa_hand:

How to Keep Your Political Differences From Hurting Your Marriage

* Bridge your differences by agreeing to disagree.

* Don't ridicule one another's opinions.

* Allow your partner to have his/her own convictions.

* Do not try subtle politicizing in your comments about budget planning or when you remind your spouse about needing to get gas in the car.

* Remember to use your listening skills when discussing politics.

* Show respect for each other's political views.

* Don't try to change your spouse's opinions. Instead try to understand those opinions. You can understand something without agreeing with it.

* Look for what the two of you have in common on the political issues.

Marriage and Politics -- How to Keep Your Political Discussions Healthy

I took the easy route and married a wonderful women who shared my point of view.. Obviously... she's rather brilliant, reasonable and naturally a Conservative Republican....:lol:

Now.. on a serious note.. (which is difficult for me) couldn't we all take these suggestions and apply them to the other members on the USMB.. singing cum-by-ya (?) and holding hands..

* Do not try subtle politicizing in your comments about budget planning or when you remind your spouse about needing to get gas in the car.

* Don't try to change your spouse's opinions. Instead try to understand those opinions. You can understand something without agreeing with it.

Here is the thing lumpy, you are assuming you are speaking to adults, as adults. Also you are assuming you are speaking to someone face to face, ie: in a marriage. You are also assuming that a conversation that degrades into grade school name calling match between adults will carry real life relationship consequences to a marriage.

You have none of those holds here.

Its amazing what happens when people can hide behind an avatar.

Here is the thing lumpy, you are assuming you are speaking to adults, as adults. Also you are assuming you are speaking to someone face to face, ie: in a marriage. You are also assuming that a conversation that degrades into grade school name calling match between adults will carry real life relationship consequences to a marriage.

You have none of those holds here.

Its amazing what happens when people can hide behind an avatar.

:lol:... On a more humorous note..

Perhaps USMB should offer a 10 step process for niceness.

Now.. you could volunteer to cover the first two sessions that would involve spankings..

(oh, by the way, I've been bad lately)

Last edited:
Now.. you could volunteer to cover the first two sessions that would involve spankings..

I doubt that 10 steps are enough. And lumpy, would that be a voluntary or involuntary program?

I doubt that 10 steps are enough. And lumpy, would that be a voluntary or involuntary program?

Well.. I like this... you seem inspired.. perhaps we could extend your 2 sessions to more..:disbelief:..

Perhaps popular vote on the voluntary/involuntary or Gunny could lower the BooM..bOOm..

it's all crap

you're a conservative. cons NEVER agree to disagree. cons believe they are RIGHT and that everyone else is WRONG

You're a conservative. You can NOT HELP YOURSELF!
You ridicule EVERYONE who doen't have the RIGHT opinions

You're a conservative. You would NEVER allow your partner to have her own convictions.
You would be at her all the time for her politics

You're a conservative. You POLITICIZE EVERYTHING!

You're a conservative. cons don't listen. They INTERRUPT INCESSANTLY!
and they mock and ridicule...

You're a con. you HAVE NO RESPECT for anyone who doesn't have the RIGHT(wing) opinions. you just mock and berate and belittle and insult and ridicule

bull fkn crap

are you slightly more deranged than the average con?
there is NO WAY IN HELL any conservative is EVER going to "understand" a non-conservative opinion.

it's all crap

you're a conservative. cons NEVER agree to disagree. cons believe they are RIGHT and that everyone else is WRONG

You're a conservative. You would NEVER allow your partner to have her own convictions.

You're a con. you HAVE NO RESPECT for anyone who doesn't have the RIGHT(wing) opinions. you just mock and berate and belittle and insult and ridicule

bull fkn crap

there is NO WAY IN HELL any conservative is EVER going to "understand" a non-conservative opinion.

I'm a conservative. IMO you are 100% completely wrong, posting an opinion with zero basis in fact.

But we can agree to disagree, if even we aren't married.

it's all crap

bull fkn crap

My..my what a delightful response... you seem so open and willing to be understanding, to work together, to be accepting of another point of view...You're a real charmer..:lol:

Last edited:

it's all crap

bull fkn crap

My..my what a delightful response... you seem so open and willing to be understanding, to work together, to be accepting of another point of view...You're a real charmer..:lol:

:popcorn:

As someone who's never met anyone who's had identical political beliefs to mine, I think those "rules" apply to every relationship that I've ever had, not just my relationship with my significant other.

As someone who's never met anyone who's had identical political beliefs to mine, I think those "rules" apply to every relationship that I've ever had, not just my relationship with my significant other.

So.. I'll put you in the ...

..."singing cum-by-ya (?) and holding hands.."

Club..:lol:

Forum List

Back