POLITICO: Troops Sent to Border Will Be Home By Christmas

So the "caravan invasion" will be over by Christmas?

WIll the caravan even BE here by then?

The whole thing sounds pretty arbitrary...ya think?

Some! Not all.

Context is unimportant. Nor is the place is declared prepared or close.

Liberal logic:

1. Prepare the place after the invaders arrive.

2. Or just let them in, so those behind them will come too. They're good for our ecomoney, wages and unity.

3. Troops are paid only when they arrive on a Mexican border.

4. A fence is a waste of money, because the cost of illegals is currently 135 billion annually, while a fence is over 5 billion, and only lasts well over a century.

5. For Mexico to pay for the wall, they're going to have to write a check. Paid to the order of USA, C/O Donald Trump, and read FOR Wall. Signed, one-dumb Mexican.

Last edited:
They didn't need 5,000 troops to string some barbed wire.

It was a political farce.

The election is over.

Trump is done USING the military

Woulda been nice if he could have at least PRETENDED to give a shit about them and gone to Arlington on Veterans day or to the WWI cemetery while he was in France to DO that...

They didn't need 5,000 troops to string some barbed wire.

It was a political farce.

The election is over.

Trump is done USING the military

Woulda been nice if he could have at least PRETENDED to give a shit about them and gone to Arlington on Veterans day or to the WWI cemetery while he was in France to DO that...

All they did was to string wire, then they picked up and left?

But, I can also say that every deployment I was on during the holiday season was a real one, not some deployment made up for political reasons.
All deployments are in one way or another for political reasons. .... :cool:

Over the 20 years I was in the Navy, I had never seen such a blatant misuse of the military for political reasons. At least Jr. and Obama were smart enough to use National Guard which can be used for purposes like this.

Using the active duty military is against the Posse Comitatus Act.
---------------------- and Military can be used for these situations as they are now being used BSailor .

Last edited:
Trump recalls troops from the southern border — after reports emerged that they were extremely bored

I’m sure it made him big and tough to waste all that money but accomplish nothing. Now it’s just another thing his supporters will desperately try to justify even though secretly they know they can’t.
“Now that things are set down here, we don’t need as many troops to actually build a base camp and things like that, because the base camps are built,” the lieutenant general told Politico.

That's called MISSION ACCOMPLISHED dumb ass.
Oh right of course the base camps. How silly of me. Too bad the caravan is still hundreds of miles away!

Trump recalls troops from the southern border — after reports emerged that they were extremely bored

I’m sure it made him big and tough to waste all that money but accomplish nothing. Now it’s just another thing his supporters will desperately try to justify even though secretly they know they can’t.
“Now that things are set down here, we don’t need as many troops to actually build a base camp and things like that, because the base camps are built,” the lieutenant general told Politico.

Oh right of course the base camps. How silly of me. Too bad the caravan is still hundreds of miles away!
Actually they are in Tijuana or are you ignoring that news? The people of Tijuana don't want them there either. The soldiers can't arrest anyone so they did their job and will go home.

and best thing to report is that 'tijuana' is having a hard time with the Caravan of illegal aliens . Plus there are mexican protesters and the mayor of 'tijuana is annoyed . As regards the military , they are paid for doing as ordered just like any other Employees doing their jobs Dear Readers .

Actually they are in Tijuana or are you ignoring that news? The people of Tijuana don't want them there either. The soldiers can't arrest anyone so they did their job and will go home.
------------------------------------ seems that the news [if true] is being ignored as the invaders are in 'tijuana' according to the news and i'm happy to see the upset for 'tijuana' and 'mexicans' . And good to also hear that the ungrateful invaders are complaining about the food that they are being given in the 'mexican' shelters .

What they listen to and read doesn't have that kind of coverage. You have to turn to conservative media to get real news.

So the "caravan invasion" will be over by Christmas?

WIll the caravan even BE here by then?

The whole thing sounds pretty arbitrary...ya think?

The troops and engineers stopped people from entering the US. They did their job. Now they are Mexico's problem and they are having a hard time dealing with it; a problem that may have been ours without Trump's leadership.

Isn't it nice to have a President who's more prepared than less? Not to a liberal.

While the troops were in route, the liberals here and everywhere else were complaining that the solders were going to be there for months missing the holidays. Now that Trump is going to make sure many of them won't, the left is criticizing once again.

So what does the left really want? They wanted these people to storm our borders creating a human rights situation with yes, once again, the children, the women.....you know the story. And then highlight that Trump was unprepared in spite of months of notice.

For the left, the issue is not our troops, it's not these flea infested immigrants, it's not about the border, it's all about promoting hate which they have done the last few years. It didn't matter what Trump did or didn't do.

Actually only a few of the migrants are in TJ. Most are still hundreds of miles away.
So what was the job these troops were sent there for??

But, I can also say that every deployment I was on during the holiday season was a real one, not some deployment made up for political reasons.
All deployments are in one way or another for political reasons. .... :cool:

Over the 20 years I was in the Navy, I had never seen such a blatant misuse of the military for political reasons. At least Jr. and Obama were smart enough to use National Guard which can be used for purposes like this.

Using the active duty military is against the Posse Comitatus Act.

It is? You mean these people trying to crash our borders are Americans?

I guess someone finally told Trump how bad the optics would be if the military had to be deployed through Christmas here in the states to stop an invasion that they have no authority over.

Sucks that they have to miss Thanksgiving though. Maybe some of these good conservatives can take some of their Thanksgiving meal down to the troops.

What the hell makes you think they have no authority over the US border? The Supreme Court said the president has the authority to order a blockade to prevent illegal entry of aliens. The military can't be used for law enforcement against US citizens, they can bust the hell out of some illegal aliens.

Sucks that they have to miss Thanksgiving though. Maybe some of these good conservatives can take some of their Thanksgiving meal down to the troops.
I'm sure that you have missed a couple of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners with the family when you were in the military. I know that I did. It's just part of being in uniform.

btw Why can't you Liberals take some of your Thanksgiving meal down to the border to share with the troops? ... :cool:

The Army is feeding the Army Troops presumably.

It would seem more humane to take Thanksgiving meal and give it to the refugees; they could enjoy it while the border patrol is on it’s way to send them back to where they came from. We can’t have open borders but we can be humane to folks.

Trump and his enablers like yourself seem to not realize that.

What you fail to understand is the more welcoming we are, the more problems like this we will have to encounter.

If you want to get rid of stray cats on your property, you don't leave out a huge bowl of milk on your patio every night.

Actually only a few of the migrants are in TJ. Most are still hundreds of miles away.
So what was the job these troops were sent there for??
-------------------------------------------------- how many hundreds of invaders is a FEW Lesh ?? Guess the military was sent there to string razor wire and do labor on barriers and maybe other structures and they got PAID for their work Lesh .

Forum List

Back