Politicizing of the SB Half-Time Show

Beyoncé's Politically Charged Super Bowl Performance

As a nod to the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Black Panthers,Beyoncé emerged (in a Michael Jackson-inspired outfit) with a virtual battalion of beret-clad dancers who, true to the song's title, performed a flawlessly syncopated routine in unison. The song and its incendiary video have been hailed as a call to arms for black women and activists, and a rebuke of the so-called politics of responsibility.

That'll heal racial wounds!

Yay! More! More! Let's burn this mutha down!

Yep. And she's celebrated for it. But THIS wouldn't be ok....

Bucs is actually defending a Nazi salute. Now, don't you feel better instead of pretending to be a sane person?

I don't understand why everyone is upset with the halftime show or the Doritios commercial.

Then we have people pissed at Newton for his behavior and criticizing Lady Gaga's dress.

People need to grow up, it is a game.
I saw excerpt of Lada Gaga's national anthem. That was amazing!

That girl nailed it! I was amazed how good she really is. I have always dismissed her and he talent. She is amazing.

From what I saw, it looks like the people there were entertained. I suspect they will continue choosing half time entertainment to please the thousands of paying spectators and not really care what you and a few other complaining goobers on the internet say.
What if the KKK provided the entertainment and spread their message?

Is that the kind of entertainment you would enjoy?

One will note ,you said that...not Beyonce.I guess when you don't have an enemy, conserve-hate-ives have to make one up to have a reason to bitch and moan. :dance:
I didn't write the piece. It referred to facts regarding her song and her activism, and her decision to sing and perform it at the Super Bowl.

All of which you are choosing to avoid, as you deteriorate into name-calling.

I guess when challenged, the PC Police have to deflect and insult. I already knew that, though.

:dance:

Last edited:
The super bowl show is sponsored by a private company correct? So there you go. Private enterprise.

One will note ,you said that...not Beyonce.I guess when you don't have an enemy, conserve-hate-ives have to make one up to have a reason to bitch and moan. :dance:
I didn't write the piece. It referred to facts regarding her song and her activism, and her decision to sing and perform it at the Super Bowl.

I guess when challenged, the PC Police have to deflect and insult. I already knew that, though.

Beyonce, the NFL and the most watched sporting event are no longer toeing the line of traditional Caucasian "values". This makes the traditionalist conservative PC police spring into action with derision and hate fueled rhetoric toward a once great ,
( means mostly white), event.

PC policing is PC policing, no matter who does it.

Would it be impolite to point out that Bee-Yon-Say goes to extraordinary lengths NOT to look like a person of black-African ancestry? If she is proud to be "Black," and "comfortable in her skin," why does she alter the color of her skin with makeup (and who knows what else), and change both the color and texture of her hair so that she will look "white"?

The hypocrisy is phenomenal; her talent, for singing at least, is less than ordinary from what I saw. Half the women in my church choir could beat her in a talent competition.

And that ain't "dancing."

But of course you endorse what it says. I guess when challenged, those who just look for reasons to be pissed off at black folk will always find a reason; regardless of how stupid it is. :dance:

But of course you endorse what it says. I guess when challenged, those who just look for reasons to be pissed off at black folk will always find a reason; regardless of how stupid it is. :dance:
I guess they'll be boycotting Pepsi now....that's who sponsors the Half Time show.

And you do it again.

You folks literally can't help yourselves.

FWIW, I was wrong about the Bee-yon-say person. She is extremely talented. Not my "cup of tea," but undeniably an amazing talent.

Carry on.

Can't we just have an entertaining halftime show without 'stars' or groups hijacking it to push their own agendas?
Sadly a show like that may be a thing of the past when the powers that be will do whatever it takes to make sure that the ratings are where they want them to be if not better.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back