Politically speaking, the truth about the credit bubble

tell me why you clowns always vote to support these types of greed driven crap?

The right has stood firmly on the side of the banks.

More Dems voted for tarp than GOP
I supported it, BTW

As it turns out, the House actually had to vote twice for the particular bill in which TARP was included. The first vote was on Sept. 29, 2008. The legislation failed to move, though, with 205 representatives voting in favor and 228 against. Of those who voted for the the passage, 140 were Democrats and 65 were Republicans.

A few days later, with the economy worsening, the bill got a second life when Senate members took a completely unrelated piece of legislation that hadn’t much moved anywhere for months and stuffed it with the bailout language. The new bill passed the Senate on Oct. 1, 2008. On that day, 39 Democrats, 34 Republicans and one Independent voted in favor of the legislation. So, Schrader is wrong there.

The House then voted on the TARP language -- for the second time -- two days after the Senate, on Oct. 3, 2008. Ninety-one Republicans joined 172 Democrats in voting for the bill. Again, Schrader is wrong on this vote.

PolitiFact Oregon | Kurt Schrader says more Republicans than Democrats voted in favor of the Wall Street bailout

Let me clarify
I supported the 50% of tarp that was a bridge as it was intended during the GWB admin

Tarp was the only thing left to do after Bush crashed the entire worlds economy.

dear fucking idiot.

I warned you about this mess BEFORE it happened.

did you forget that dillo?

TM is upset because Democrats caused the housing bubble and pushed the US and world into a depression.

Well, if the Govt caused the problem as she is obsessed with, okay

Look I guess my issue with all of this is we miss the basic problem
GREED
From cradle to death

YES government made it possible.

A republican government which allowed the banks to do what ever they wanted out of poltical hackery.

Did you know Democrats kill balck people everyday, they mainly like to kill childern that are black. You're side hates black childern TM. Prove me wrong!

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

Greed was what drove this whole Bush pushed scam

but whose greed took advantage of it? Only Republicans ? Really ???

I just love it when libs and commies use "GREED" as an explanation for the collapse of a credit bubble. Why is it that businessmen suddenly become greedy in unison at certain periods and not others? Did they suddenly stop being greedy when the Democrats took over?

What's even more of a marvel is that no one ever questions the leftwing weasels about this imbecile theory of economics.

yet another disgruntled brained con who cant comprehend how laws can effect commerse

Forum List

Back