Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

That is because conservative culture stands in the way of freedom and peace and equality. Not hard to understand why liberals argue against conservatives as conservatives have fought against everything that makes life free. Conservative politics is reactionary politics, it fights against all that makes life good. Witness only the lunacy over UHC.

Please explain to us all how forcing me to purchase health insurance expands my freedoms.

It is interesting that the very claims you make against conservativism are the same that conservatives make against liberals. I am afraid, unfortunately for you, that liberalism in its present form, simply does not coincide with the concept of freedom. NO ONE can deny that liberal policies tend to center around government expansion and more government equals more control over your life which inherently means you have LESS freedom.

The problem is you don't know what freedom is. If you did you would be forced to admit that it isn't freedom you want, just rosey outcomes for everyone. That isn't freedom. Freedom has some real negatives. It has risks because it is dependant on members of society be accounable to themselves, making good choices, etc. Holding ones self accountable is the ANITHESIS of what liberalism today stands for. That liberals will avoid personal introspection and exhaust every conceviable scapegoat they can and STILL never hold themsleves accountable is a truism only rivaled by death and taxes.

This post deserves a thread all of its own where those of us who see it like bern describes challenge those who disagree to back it up.

Make it bern before I do :lol:

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

They don't walk their talk as evidenced on the Frankton shuts down Liebermann thread, you have 52nd making derogatory statements about Jews, go check it out and I thought they were the party who was not racist or bigoted.:lol::lol:

Ever notice how when a conservative doesn't want to have a gun they don't buy one but when a liberal doesn't want a gun they want to ban them for everyone?

Ever notice how a conservative vegetarian doesn't buy meat but a liberal vegetarian will want to ban the sale and production of meat products?

Ever notice how gay conservatives quietly go about their lives never asking for anything sepecial but gay liberals demand legislative acknowledgement and acceptance?

There are more things like this i've noticed over the years.
You ever notice how Republicans like to pigeon hole Liberals?:razz:

I am a liberal, I don't like guns and I don't want them banned.
My brother is a cattle rancher, so you can probably guess my views on meat.
And as for homosexuals, all I want is for them to have the same rights a heterosexual couple has and for people to stop lumping them into a certain group. :D

Unlike conservatives. Who everyone knows are tolorant of atheists, gays, evolution, women's rights....

Unlike conservatives. Who everyone knows are tolorant of atheists, gays, evolution, women's rights....

Pretty funny post.

It's called projection. You take your worst faults and then try to assign them to others - makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and good about yourself again.

Ever notice how when a conservative doesn't want to have a gun they don't buy one but when a liberal doesn't want a gun they want to ban them for everyone?

Ever notice how a conservative vegetarian doesn't buy meat but a liberal vegetarian will want to ban the sale and production of meat products?

Ever notice how gay conservatives quietly go about their lives never asking for anything sepecial but gay liberals demand legislative acknowledgement and acceptance?

There are more things like this i've noticed over the years.
You ever notice how Republicans like to pigeon hole Liberals?:razz:

I am a liberal, I don't like guns and I don't want them banned.
My brother is a cattle rancher, so you can probably guess my views on meat.
And as for homosexuals, all I want is for them to have the same rights a heterosexual couple has and for people to stop lumping them into a certain group. :D

You are right about those comments being broad brushed by me.

I know not all liberals fit those descriptions. I also know many conservatives fit those descriptions on different topics. In addition, conservatives do behave the way I describe liberals behaving in the OP, the difference is it is expected of conservatives while we have a misconstrued mainstream view that liberals are very open minded and accepting of differing ideals.

intellectually you really should read more posts in the thread before making a comment that makes you look stupid.

I never claimed conservatives dont do the same thing I have described liberals as doing. The difference is, once again for the 10th time, that liberals are supposed to be the tolerant and open minded people. However today's liberals are as closed minded and bigoted as the worst conservatives out there.

Its a hypocracy to call themselves liberal when they won't accept ideals, ideas, and beliefs difffering from their own.

intellectually you really should read more posts in the thread before making a comment that makes you look stupid.

I never claimed conservatives dont do the same thing I have described liberals as doing. The difference is, once again for the 10th time, that liberals are supposed to be the tolerant and open minded people. However today's liberals are as closed minded and bigoted as the worst conservatives out there.

Its a hypocracy to call themselves liberal when they won't accept ideals, ideas, and beliefs difffering from their own.

liberals are supposed to be the tolerant and open minded people. ??

Only according to they themselves. Well, and the media. But I repeat myself.

liberals are supposed to be the tolerant and open minded people. ??

Only according to they themselves. Well, and the media. But I repeat myself.

Exactly...that is what I was taught by the TV and my teachers ever since I can remember....it sucked to get out into the real world and realize what a lie that was.

Who on this message board do you consider conservative. I'd say there are three, maybe four, actual conservatives and the rest are far right nut jobs.

Here's intolerance...having a meltdown because someone questioned Bush's motives. That's the Republican party in a nutshell.

Will The Election Of Obama Ever End The Blame Bush Syndrome?
His excuse for everything he screws up and that lis is SO long is the HUGE DEFICIT he INHERITED. It seems that Bush left a long list in his will and Obama INHERITED it all.
Obama hasn’t got a clue about what America wants and needs, his whole agenda is all about him and his wants and needs. And we all know what path that is leading us to. He has said and repeated it over and over that Americans are all begging for this health plan.. wow.. anyone I talk to say they are not interested right now as the cost is prohibitive.. where does he get his ideas? In all he just makes excuses for everything.. he lies .. and lies and lies..He even had the audacity to say that he is trying to arrange the same benefits for us as congress gets.. who the hell is going to believe that one.
How many times do we have to say it is NOT what the American people want. . .
Get rid of this imbecile and his criminal administration. It appears to me that democrats themselves are no longer on the bandwagon with Obama..why, if its so great? Because they know it will fail and bankrupt us, and they do not want to be responsible for it... its failure cannot be blamed on Bush.
As for the war in Iraq, the Democrats (all of them) saw the same evidence as Bush and it is their fault just as much as George Bush’s that we went to war there. Not Bush’s and not even Nixon’s.
Obama is really stretching my boundaries. I remember so many of us warned last year that he was not fit, capable, qualified or experienced enough for this job..all the democrats poo-pooed us.. maybe now some will pay attention.. it was so foolish to have put a greenhorn in the white house.. never mind that he has a personal agenda that is bad for us and our country.

What I find funny is that Obama and Bush both spent money the country didn't have yet Obama is doing it 3x as bad as bush and people who bashed bush for it are defending obama.

What I find funny is that Obama and Bush both spent money the country didn't have yet Obama is doing it 3x as bad as bush and people who bashed bush for it are defending obama.
YOU are just INTOLERANT of Obama and Democrats! :lol:

when, president Bush left office and Obama took over, our country was in desperate straights....the deficit was running close to one $1.3 trillion I think....by that february 1st, from october 1, of 2008 which began the fiscal year for 2009.

THERE IS NO ONE, absolutely no one, including MCCain, or no god, that could have come in to the same DIRE situation our President was faced with and reduced the already DEFICIT TREND that America was on....

AND it is not that spending is increasing under obama for discretionary spending, building permanent programs, as much as it is the REDUCTION in REVENUES....tax revenues not being the same as they were before this recession of 2007-2010 BEGAN, when people were working, and paying taxes....thus the DEFICIT is larger in both dollars and as a percentage.

ALSO, PP, we are not collecting as much SS surplusses as we did under president bush, to use in our budget to pay for the discretionary and non-discretionary spending....we reached our PEAK in social security surplus collection back in 2008, from there on out, the surpluses from SS get smaller and then disappear....by 2017 i believe.... so these funds are not as great as they once were for the presidents before obama's term...he and his congress CAN'T MASK the deficit as the others, as well.

LASTLY, we are faced with MORE and more seniors, BOOMERS, retiring....taking in less in social security taxes because less people are working, and having NATURAL RISING COSTS of medicare due to the amount of Boomers being added to it....this continues to GROW in number for the next 20 years....thus GROWING in a HUGE MANNER, non discretionary spending, spending on AUTOPILOT, in which Congress nor the President, are even involved in.

WE ARE IN A WORLD OF SHIT....no question!

BUT it is intellectually dishonest to put this, ALL OF THIS, on to the Obama administration....when Murphy's Law is definitely part of it, if not near all of it! imo.

care

Forum List

Back