Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

Different cultures? I am a liberal and I enjoy drinking cheap beer till I pass out, I like listening to redneck country music and eating lots of fatty foods, see us liberals also partake in conservative culture.

That is not to say that all "liberals" behave like that, but it does seem more prevalent from liberals than conservatives IMHO.

I call horseshit AND bullshit. The conservatives have been using "liberal" and "progressive" like curse words for a decade. And who were called traitors and "anti-American" for protesting the Iraq war? It wasn't "conservatives" oops, I mean corporatists. Man, you elephants have a SHORT memory. You guys whine like nothing I have ever seen...

How about the legislation Al Franken introduced that denies federal contracts to companies that have policies that punish employees for complaining about rape or discrimination on the job. This is in response to a KBR/Halliburton employee in Iraq who was drugged and gang-raped by co-workers and denied justice or even medical treatment, then locked in a storage container for 24 hours and told that she'd lose her job if she left the country to get medical help. She was also prohibited from suing or seeking criminal justice because her Halliburton contract forbade seeking any justice apart from private arbitration.

Thirty Republicans voted against it. They are now angry that they are being depicted as having voted to protect rapists. Well, what else are we supposed to think?? Actually I think they voted against it because they hate Al Franken.

Now they are all pissed off and say that Franken is not doing enough to stop the backlash against them. Like Graham, Bond, Cronyn, and Thune. What???? Why the hell did they vote against it then?? And how is Franken responsible for their vote?? They didn't know their votes would be made public and now they are embarrassed. But after all, they are dedicated to blocking liberals at every opportunity, right?? How very typical of conservatives. Never taking responsibility for their own actions.

Maybe you need to think over where the real hypocrisy is. Because those angelic conservatives care more about defeating libs than they care about what's right for the country and its citizens.

As for the behavior of conservatives on these boards, there are some that do nothing but swear and name call. There are a lot of them. Being called a bitch and getting F bombs dropped on me does not cause a tendency in me to be tolerant. You need to really explore your "random thoughts" before posting them next time.

How about the legislation Al Franken introduced that denies federal contracts to companies that have policies that punish employees for complaining about rape or discrimination on the job. This is in response to a KBR/Halliburton employee in Iraq who was drugged and gang-raped by co-workers and denied justice or even medical treatment, then locked in a storage container for 24 hours and told that she'd lose her job if she left the country to get medical help. She was also prohibited from suing or seeking criminal justice because her Halliburton contract forbade seeking any justice apart from private arbitration.

Thirty Republicans voted against it. They are now angry that they are being depicted as having voted to protect rapists. Well, what else are we supposed to think?? Actually I think they voted against it because they hate Al Franken.

Now they are all pissed off and say that Franken is not doing enough to stop the backlash against them. Like Graham, Bond, Cronyn, and Thune. What???? Why the hell did they vote against it then?? And how is Franken responsible for their vote?? They didn't know their votes would be made public and now they are embarrassed. But after all, they are dedicated to blocking liberals at every opportunity, right?? How very typical of conservatives. Never taking responsibility for their own actions.

Maybe you need to think over where the real hypocrisy is. Because those angelic conservatives care more about defeating libs than they care about what's right for the country and its citizens.

As for the behavior of conservatives on these boards, there are some that do nothing but swear and name call. There are a lot of them. Being called a bitch and getting F bombs dropped on me does not cause a tendency in me to be tolerant. You need to really explore your "random thoughts" before posting them next time.

You see...you are a victim of rhetoric.
When did that rape occurr? When did Franken draft the legislation?
Where were all of the Democrats during that time between the rape and Frankens legislation?
You do realize things are not always as they appear?

You see...you are a victim of rhetoric.
When did that rape occurr? When did Franken draft the legislation?
Where were all of the Democrats during that time between the rape and Frankens legislation?
You do realize things are not always as they appear?

What rhetoric are you talking about?? And I don't see what difference the answers would make to the next 3 questions. If you want those answers, find them yourself. And yes, I certainly realize that things are not always as they appear.

Such as your attempt to question me as though you truly believe there is something not Kosher here. That trick doesn't work anymore. Sorry. I don't care what you think or say. The truth is that the incident happened. It prompted Franken to write a bill. Only 10 conservatives voted yes and 30 voted no. Now they are being widely criticized. Simple.

Ever notice how when a conservative doesn't want to have a gun they don't buy one but when a liberal doesn't want a gun they want to ban them for everyone?

Ever notice how a conservative vegetarian doesn't buy meat but a liberal vegetarian will want to ban the sale and production of meat products?

Ever notice how gay conservatives quietly go about their lives never asking for anything sepecial but gay liberals demand legislative acknowledgement and acceptance?

There are more things like this i've noticed over the years.

No, I've never noticed those things. Progressives maybe, but not liberals.

And I suppose you've never heard of the Log Cabin Republicans?

I have noticed that conservatives like to force issues of sexuality, morality and religion on everyone, though.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

That is because conservative culture stands in the way of freedom and peace and equality. Not hard to understand why liberals argue against conservatives as conservatives have fought against everything that makes life free. Conservative politics is reactionary politics, it fights against all that makes life good. Witness only the lunacy over UHC.

Please explain to us all how forcing me to purchase health insurance expands my freedoms.

It is interesting that the very claims you make against conservativism are the same that conservatives make against liberals. I am afraid, unfortunately for you, that liberalism in its present form, simply does not coincide with the concept of freedom. NO ONE can deny that liberal policies tend to center around government expansion and more government equals more control over your life which inherently means you have LESS freedom.

The problem is you don't know what freedom is. If you did you would be forced to admit that it isn't freedom you want, just rosey outcomes for everyone. That isn't freedom. Freedom has some real negatives. It has risks because it is dependant on members of society be accounable to themselves, making good choices, etc. Holding ones self accountable is the ANITHESIS of what liberalism today stands for. That liberals will avoid personal introspection and exhaust every conceviable scapegoat they can and STILL never hold themsleves accountable is a truism only rivaled by death and taxes.

Last edited:

I have noticed that conservatives like to force issues of sexuality, morality and religion on everyone, though.

Where do you see that exactly?

Ravioli is entirely delusional.

She "sees" exactly what she expects to see even where nothing exists.

Ravioli is entirely delusional.

She "sees" exactly what she expects to see even where nothing exists.
So true!

Ravi is the quintessential liberal loon. An idiot if you will.

That is because conservative culture stands in the way of freedom and peace and equality. Not hard to understand why liberals argue against conservatives as conservatives have fought against everything that makes life free. Conservative politics is reactionary politics, it fights against all that makes life good. Witness only the lunacy over UHC.

Please explain to us all how forcing me to purchase health insurance expands my freedoms.

It is interesting that the very claims you make against conservativism are the same that conservatives make against liberals. I am afraid, unfortunately for you, that liberalism in its present form, simply does not coincide with the concept of freedom. NO ONE can deny that liberal policies tend to center around government expansion and more government equals more control over your life which inherently means you have LESS freedom.

The problem is you don't know what freedom is. If you did you would be forced to admit that it isn't freedom you want, just rosey outcomes for everyone. That isn't freedom. Freedom has some real negatives. It has risks because it is dependant on members of society be accounable to themselves, making good choices, etc. Holding ones self accountable is the ANITHESIS of what liberalism today stands for. That liberals will avoid personal introspection and exhaust every conceviable scapegoat they can and STILL never hold themsleves accountable is a truism only rivaled by death and taxes.

POST OF THE DAY!

CHEERS!:beer:

Forum List

Back