Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

Who on this message board do you consider conservative. I'd say there are three, maybe four, actual conservatives and the rest are far right nut jobs.

Here's intolerance...having a meltdown because someone questioned Bush's motives. That's the Republican party in a nutshell.

Who on this message board do you consider conservative. I'd say there are three, maybe four, actual conservatives and the rest are far right nut jobs.

Here's intolerance...having a meltdown because someone questioned Bush's motives. That's the Republican party in a nutshell.

Every american has the patriotic duty to question the president, or as Hillary put it "I am sick and tired of people who call you unpatriotic if you debate this administration’s policies. We are Americans and have the right to participate and debate any administration."--Hitlary Clinton

But still i see the many of the liberals, not all but many, are completely intolerant of any little thing that doesn't fit into their worldview and liberal culture.

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

i would keep your random bullshit to yourself...please show me the tolerant "neo cons" and i really thought you were above this partisan shit...did you say you were...

why is it the ones who say they are non partisan are the biggest fucking partisan hacks!

btw, your post was full of bullshit, but you already know that.

FOR EXAMPLE...are you trying to prove my point for me? your first response was chill but now your saying my opinion is bullshit.

i wansn't trying to pick on anyone in particular ravi, i did not intend to fight over my opinion. It is just my observation

i would keep your random bullshit to yourself...please show me the tolerant "neo cons" and i really thought you were above this partisan shit...did you say you were...

why is it the ones who say they are non partisan are the biggest fucking partisan hacks!

But the neo cons aren't the ones preaching tolerance then being intolerant, they are just intolerant in general.

again another liberal minded person showing their intolerance of a viewpoint different from their own....sorry bones i like you but calling my opinion bullshit kinda proves my point.

To quote you, "A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others." This isn't what I see happening on tv. Just where is all of this "preaching" taking place? To me, it seems more like, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." Disagree with a liberal on any subject and they most often go into a rant about you being a racist, indifferent, a liar, a Nazi, and the list goes on and on. Liberals are nothing more than bullies who cry when they can't get their way. They place the blame for everything that is wrong in their world on anybody else they think they can get the smell to stick to. It's always somebody elses fault. I'm interested in hearing who the liberals are going to blame for the sorry state our country is going to be LEFT in when this crop of dumbasses looses power in Congress and the White House in the next couple of elections.

That is because conservative culture stands in the way of freedom and peace and equality. Not hard to understand why liberals argue against conservatives as conservatives have fought against everything that makes life free. Conservative politics is reactionary politics, it fights against all that makes life good. Witness only the lunacy over UHC.

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

recent damage
The bill for the Bush administration | Salon News

For a brilliant analysis of reactionary politics see:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rhetoric-Reaction-Perversity-Futility-Jeopardy/dp/067476868X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246707264&sr=1-8]Amazon.com: The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy (9780674768680): Albert O. Hirschman: Books[/ame]

This thread?

I agree. It is sad.

No, the viewpoints. Reverse them to about 6 years ago. Same bitching would be going on, just the sides would be switched:

This isn't what I see happening on tv. Just where is all of this "preaching" taking place? To me, it seems more like, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." Disagree with a _____ on any subject and they most often go into a rant about you being a ____, ____, ____, ____, and the list goes on and on. _____ are nothing more than bullies who cry when they can't get their way.

It's like MadLibs, except there's only 2 options to plug in.

To quote you, "A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others." This isn't what I see happening on tv. Just where is all of this "preaching" taking place? To me, it seems more like, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." Disagree with a liberal on any subject and they most often go into a rant about you being a racist, indifferent, a liar, a Nazi, and the list goes on and on. Liberals are nothing more than bullies who cry when they can't get their way. They place the blame for everything that is wrong in their world on anybody else they think they can get the smell to stick to. It's always somebody elses fault. I'm interested in hearing who the liberals are going to blame for the sorry state our country is going to be LEFT in when this crop of dumbasses looses power in Congress and the White House in the next couple of elections.

The liberals I grew up with and the ones who educated me in college did not speak of being a bully. They taught me to be tolerant of others views and to get past ethnocentrism.

I just find it sad that many liberals, especially those online, have lost their way. I used to respect them a lot more than i have come to over the last 6 months. They have dissapointed me greatly with their behavior since obama became president. Its like you said they are now being bullies, namecalling, and just acting intolerant to those whom they disagree with.

It is frustrating to me.

didnt you at one time ...say that you would refrain from posting neo cons vs. liberal type bullshit?

did you say you would try to discuss issues without resourcing to this?

i am pretty sure that was you? forgive me for pointing out that out...

This thread?

I agree. It is sad.

No, the viewpoints. Reverse them to about 6 years ago. Same bitching would be going on, just the sides would be switched:

This isn't what I see happening on tv. Just where is all of this "preaching" taking place? To me, it seems more like, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." Disagree with a _____ on any subject and they most often go into a rant about you being a ____, ____, ____, ____, and the list goes on and on. _____ are nothing more than bullies who cry when they can't get their way.

It's like MadLibs, except there's only 2 options to plug in.

I disagree... the din is incredible now.

i just responded to a post that blatantly lies about the "suggested" activities after listening to thepresident's speech; i just read one freaking lunatic who repeatedly called the president things like the "antichrist" and who makes overtly racist comments ... and another moron who called me an "obama worshipper" because i pointed out the insanity of another poster.

i've never had anyone explain to me why i should be "tolerant" of things like that. I thought Bush was the worst president we ever had... but when people were OTT about him, I called them on that, too.

The liberals I grew up with and the ones who educated me in college did not speak of being a bully. They taught me to be tolerant of others views and to get past ethnocentrism.

I just find it sad that many liberals, especially those online, have lost their way. I used to respect them a lot more than i have come to over the last 6 months. They have dissapointed me greatly with their behavior since obama became president. Its like you said they are now being bullies, namecalling, and just acting intolerant to those whom they disagree with.

It is frustrating to me.

Your point is proven by the several posts just before this one. Goes right back to what I said. Disagree with a liberal and all you get is bullshit...

ohhhhhhhhh... so people can say what they want? make whatever slurs they choose... state any misstatements they want...

and if people respond, THEY are the ones who are intolerant?

lol...

It's one thing to question motives. That is healthy. It should be a requriement, especially when the guy being questioned is spending our money.

The "questioning" of Bush's motives was only a small part of the whole "Blame Bush" methodology that the Dems used incessantly throughout his two terms. My favorite of this activity was that Bush caused the hurricanes that hit New Orleans.

All of the hysterical rantings about the confiscation of rights were simply just that. Any fair minded individual would know that Bush's actions in the whole Gitmo detention and the unification of the CIA and the FBI data streams were reactions to severely weakened intelligence capabilities that may have helped the execution of the 9/11 attacks.

If there is any justification for the questions relating to motivation in every move Bush made, it would probably be the WMD fiasco. To extend the absolute rejection of honesty in motivation for each and every action that followed is just a belabored attack technique that was repeated ad infinitum.

Do those who questioned Bush's motivations also question Obama's? If they do question, do they do so with the same level of suspiscion and vitiol? If not, they are political hacks. If so, they are responsible custodians of their voting franchise, but are probably pretty miserable individuals.

didnt you at one time ...say that you would refrain from posting neo cons vs. liberal type bullshit?

did you say you would try to discuss issues without resourcing to this?

i am pretty sure that was you? forgive me for pointing out that out...

This was more an observation of online liberals. I can't control how people respond to my opinion of the behavior i see. I see the liberals being intolerant just like the conservatives they have decried over the years and it bothers me.

Like radioman said its flipped over from 6 years ago. The liberals are showing the same level of intolerance as the cons showed the anti bush protestors 6 years ago.

Forum List

Back