Political Predictions for 2014

To support my predictions: Health Care Exchange Is Vastly Improved, Users Say

Stephanie Lincoln, 60, of Lansdowne, Pa., also had quick success with the exchange — after a frustrating experience trying to submit an application online in October and November. With the help of a navigator, Caroline Picher, working at the local library, Ms. Lincoln signed up in just one hour on Friday for a policy that will cost $113 a month, with no deductible.

“I am one of the people whose plans were canceled,” Ms. Lincoln said. “It was just the easiest thing in the world.”

One of the people whose plan was canceled. And now she's happy!

Medical worker finally gets insurance on Obamacare website

It took two months, weekly visits to the jammed-up federal website and a half-dozen phone calls, but JoAnn Smith finally got health insurance Monday. It'll only cost her $3.19 a month to cover herself and her husband.

"I just instantly burst into tears," she says.

Remember how many times I have said the issue ad writes itself? Here we have a woman who got health insurance, really cheap, and who had to overcome a deliberate GOP obstacle to get it:

Smith, a 60-year-old medical transcriptionist in Clearwater, Fla., must use the federal website to buy health insurance because Florida opted not to run its own.

The people are not going to forget who tried to stop them from getting insurance.

So, are you saying the insurance companies have already approved these policies and payments have been paid, received and finalized. I'd be interested in seeing the links, otherwise, it's just wishful hopeful dreamland with broken hearts to follow.

Last edited:
This is what we call "delusions of grandeur"

Not really Temp

They are just health insurance policies written by private insurers. Once people settle into a plan, Republicans look like the bad guys for trying to take it away

If that is all the GOP has for 2014 they are in trouble

So what of 6 million people losing their insurance because of this will get them into trouble? What of the lie Obama told about "you can keep your plan and your doctor"? Seems like to me you guys handed the next four elections to us on a silver platter. Yes, four. 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020. Nobody likes a liar, especially a liar who takes away your freedom to choose your own healthcare insurance. Your party will own this failure for the better part of the next decade. Believe me, you never let Bush live down his mistakes in the wars.

Burning question:

Why should people "settle in" to a government mandated healthcare plan, when they were perfectly settled in with a plan of their own choosing? It also seems like to me you always want the Republicans to be the bad guys here, when in all actuality, your party is.

6 million people will receive new insurance plans that Republicans will try to cancel and replace with nothing

Try to win elections on that

Nobody has to settle into a government healthcare plan. However if their employers fuck them over, they have an option to fall back on

Republicans are trying to repeal that option

"Replacing it with nothing" has essentially been the GOP's approach from the beginning, so they're just as responsible for this law as are the Democrats. Why they've been unable and/or afraid to offer a clear alternative and push it at every opportunity is a mystery.

Indeed, by November of 2014 the events on my list will have taken place, and I'd guess it'll be pretty clear in one direction or the other. I'm pretty sure that list is accurate, I suppose the variable will be how effective the PR departments of each party will be. "Having coverage" and "being covered" are two different things in insurance.

Where do you hear this crap and why do you believe it?.. The Republicans have the House, Harry the Fart sits on just about all legislation coming out of the House. I'm not complaining, just slapping some reality into your parrot like post..

Of course Reid would have sat on any legislation, that's not the point. I've screamed about this many times here, but I'm happy to do it again:

The GOP has had plenty of chances to promote an alternative plan. I hear they have one, but I'd like to know why they have refused to promote it.

Even though most of the press is against the GOP, Republican politicians are still interviewed all the time on teevee. All they had to do was come up with a real plan, give it a catchy name, print it out on some cool red, white and blue booklet, and wave it in the freakin' air during every one of those interviews. Every goddamn one.

Why, precisely, have they chosen not to do that? Can you give me a real answer?

Regardless of why, they have not done it, EVER, people had no reason to vote for a non-plan, and now we're stuck with this ridiculous pig of a law.

So yeah, I think the GOP is responsible for it too.

I can give you an answer

Because the rightwing media and TeaTards will crucify any Republican who try's to promote a healthcare plan

that's why

Not really Temp

They are just health insurance policies written by private insurers. Once people settle into a plan, Republicans look like the bad guys for trying to take it away

If that is all the GOP has for 2014 they are in trouble

So what of 6 million people losing their insurance because of this will get them into trouble? What of the lie Obama told about "you can keep your plan and your doctor"? Seems like to me you guys handed the next four elections to us on a silver platter. Yes, four. 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020. Nobody likes a liar, especially a liar who takes away your freedom to choose your own healthcare insurance. Your party will own this failure for the better part of the next decade. Believe me, you never let Bush live down his mistakes in the wars.

Burning question:

Why should people "settle in" to a government mandated healthcare plan, when they were perfectly settled in with a plan of their own choosing? It also seems like to me you always want the Republicans to be the bad guys here, when in all actuality, your party is.

6 million people will receive new insurance plans that Republicans will try to cancel and replace with nothing

Try to win elections on that

Nobody has to settle into a government healthcare plan. However if their employers fuck them over, they have an option to fall back on

Republicans are trying to repeal that option

If it was such a great plan, people wouldn't have to be forced to buy into it.

I can give you an answer

Because the rightwing media and TeaTards will crucify any Republican who try's to promote a healthcare plan

that's why

I think that has to be a possibility. I've heard Limbaugh and Levin both rail against any kind of a plan, and certainly they have a lot of influence. They're both fans of the Tea Party, and so their listeners would scream bloody murder if a real plan were pushed.

The top priority of the partisan blabbers is not party or country, it's ratings.

Predictions...

1) Republicans won't get nearly as much millage out of the ACA as they think they are going to.

2) The GOP WILL pick up about 3 Senate Seats and 10 house seats.

3) There will be at least one international crisis in the next year that will allow Obama to play his Commander in Cheif Card.

Truth is, if you are under 35 (Obama's base being young people and freeloaders) you don't remember what this country used to be. You look around at the squalid mess that is today's politics, featuring a snarky, smart-assed 'president' that derides his colleagues AND his constituents like an immature grade-schooler, a congress that only cares about their next raise, political parties being run by Creme de la Cream babies that were brought up to believe there are no winners and no losers and self-esteem is more important than integrity and you think this is how it's supposed to be.
You don't remember a time when we weren't afraid all the time. You don't remember a time when a president, no matter what party, was a guy to be looked up to, not be embarrassed by. You don't remember when the working man had a fair shot and the dollar was worth something.
It's a shame we taught our children to be such crumbs, to think Mommy and Daddy owe them health insurance til they're 26, who have no interest in tryng to make things better because it's just too hard.
I wish they could have seen my America. Warts and all. It would make them ashamed (can we even have that emotion anymore?) that they've settled so cheaply and for so little.

My, what a mighty pile of hater dupe bs....meet the 22 per cent who approved Boosh and BElIEVE my sig para 3...

But thanks for the DEPRESSION...

Dem candidates will blame Republicans for Obamacare, low information dem voters will agrer

Predictions...

1) Republicans won't get nearly as much millage out of the ACA as they think they are going to.

2) The GOP WILL pick up about 3 Senate Seats and 10 house seats.

3) There will be at least one international crisis in the next year that will allow Obama to play his Commander in Cheif Card.

4) Obama will blow it again when he plays his Commander and Chief card and Putin will pull his chestnuts out of the fire again...

I like to hear some serious predictions but I'd settle for less..

Stephanie Lincoln, 60, of Lansdowne, Pa., also had quick success with the exchange — after a frustrating experience trying to submit an application online in October and November. With the help of a navigator, Caroline Picher, working at the local library, Ms. Lincoln signed up in just one hour on Friday for a policy that will cost $113 a month, with no deductible.

“I am one of the people whose plans were canceled,” Ms. Lincoln said. “It was just the easiest thing in the world.”

Remember how many times I have said the issue ad writes itself? Here we have a woman who got health insurance, really cheap, and who had to overcome a deliberate GOP obstacle to get it:

Smith, a 60-year-old medical transcriptionist in Clearwater, Fla., must use the federal website to buy health insurance because Florida opted not to run its own.

The people are not going to forget who tried to stop them from getting insurance.

So, are you saying the insurance companies have already approved these policies and payments have been paid, received and finalized. I'd be interested in seeing the links, otherwise, it's just wishful hopeful dreamland with broken hearts to follow.

That's the spirit! Keep wishing it away. :lol:

You are a classic case of someone going through the five stages of grief. The first stage being denial. :lol:

Only if the "hot" money speculation is being poured into energy like the middle of the last decade.

Is that happening?

That's the spirit! Keep wishing it away. :lol:

You are a classic case of someone going through the five stages of grief. The first stage being denial. :lol:

I suspect you are an expert on denial, being a Democrat and all..

Sooo no link I guess...:lol:

Only if the "hot" money speculation is being poured into energy like the middle of the last decade.

Is that happening?
Not exactly, fracking coal fields reduces miner deathrates from gas explosions while turning a profit so not speculation, just a way of reducing liabilities.

Bush was a far better President than Obama. Check it out, when Harry and Nancy took over Congress, all hell broke loose. (why do I bother to waste my time with illogical sycophants)

Just because Obama and the Democrat media blame Bush doesn't make it true, their proven liars.

The Smoking Gun will be a mushroom cloud

Nice!

Happy New Year.. it's possible

1) Even Democrats will turn on Obama due to fear of the coming election.

2) Americans will decide they want the adults running the country again.

3) The realities of Obamacare failure will hit both Republicans and Democrats.

Great to hear such News
but its still a bit doubtful. I think Its better to think for the best....

Anytime, anywhere politics could take a trun1

2014 Should be a good year for the GOP. Do the math.

Gerrymandered Congressional Districts will assure that the status-quo remains. 90+% of all incumbents will keep their seats regardless of Party or supposed outrage of the masses. The House stays Republican.

In the Senate, far more Democratic seats are up for election than Republican seats. The GOP should be able to clam a few of them. It's a toss-up if it's enough to sway the Senate one way or the other however. I predict the GOP takes over the Senate.

Forum List

Back