Political Predictions for 2014

Prediction for 2014

1. Obamacare will take hold and people will settle into policies
2. Republicans will try to take away those polices
3. Republicans will lose

This is what we call "delusions of grandeur"

Not really Temp

They are just health insurance policies written by private insurers. Once people settle into a plan, Republicans look like the bad guys for trying to take it away

If that is all the GOP has for 2014 they are in trouble

Happy New Year.. it's possible

1) Even Democrats will turn on Obama due to fear of the coming election.

2) Americans will decide they want the adults running the country again.

3) The realities of Obamacare failure will hit both Republicans and Democrats.

4) The Youth will embrace the Opt Out movement, and George W. Bush will be the new Hipster Icon of Coolth.

Political Predictions for 2014

1. Boehner has acted correctly, forcing the party to deal with matters as adults.

2. The passing of the budget and the real possibility of a comprehensive immigration bill next spring, since Boehner has demonstrated to the far right and they have finally realized he will pass bills without their support, means not only a solid retention of GOP in the House but a real chance to take the Senate.

3. ACA will be a counter beat in the GOP election chorus certainly, but hopefully it will be only part of the outreach to women and minorities.

Democrats poison the waters when it comes to minorities, women and the older set. Who knows, maybe Americans will come to their senses and realize their being played by Democrat divisive politics.

The percentages say "no", so we have to work on the outreach.

Outreach is important no doubt and but divisive politics played by Obama/Democrat media is an up hill battle. The apparent failure and lies of the liberal utopian society is about to take it's toll on Democrats in my opinion.

2) The adults must be the republicans, right? We saw what happens with these kind of adults in charge. Hoovervilles, Watergate, Iran Contra, And of course the greatest attack on American soil yet (9-11) when we gave bush a chance of acting like an adult for the first time in his life. Then this child trying to be an adult couldn't find those dang mass destruction weapons he was certain were there. Not to worry, the icing on the cake was the greatest economic crash this country experienced since the last republican adult depression in the 1930's under this wannabe adult bush's preziduncy.
Don't you republicans know anything about the history of your country?

I wish I was seeing more predictions and less monotonous pissing and moaning...

4) Democrats will continue to be the party of monotonous pissing and moaning.

Last edited:
As we approach the debt ceiling in February, the GOP will lowball its demands that must be met for them to approve raising the ceiling. This is because they want to keep the American people focused on the shortcomings of ObamaCare and not on the GOP being a bunch of assholes who shut down the government.

In 2014, ObamaCare will be far more successful at getting people insurance than the GOP is hoping it will.

Beyond that, everything else is smoke. There are an infinite number of unforeseen events which can happen between now and next November which will tilt the field this way and that.

But you can be sure if an extinction event asteroid were discovered to be heading toward Earth, the right wing will find a way to blame it on Obama golfing too much.

You know, you Democrats have beat that pony to death. Accept 66.6% (the Presidency & Senate) of the blame and move on.

You assume much. For instance, I am not a Democrat. I am a Republican.

Second, check the polls and see who took the biggest hit for the government shutdown. Accept reality and move on.

When you see how watered down the GOP demands are this time around, as we are already seeing in the budget process, you will see I am entirely correct in my prediction.

No fake filibusters. No attempts to defund ObamaCare. Just token outbursts and then the debt celing will be raised. As it always is.

The GOP has changed strategy. Don't blame me for you being behind the curve. :lol:

Last edited:
Prediction for 2014

1. Obamacare will take hold and people will settle into policies
2. Republicans will try to take away those polices
3. Republicans will lose

Not really Temp

They are just health insurance policies written by private insurers. Once people settle into a plan, Republicans look like the bad guys for trying to take it away

You may be right, but it's likely that the following will also happen in 2014 as a result of the ACA:

• The predictable dumping of millions of employees into the ACA system will create considerable ill will towards the plan as many of these employees will see sharp increases in net premiums because they may not qualify for subsidies and they're no longer having their employer pay most of their premiums
  • Medicaid patients -- now millions more of them -- will have significant difficulty finding doctors and other providers because Medicaid reimbursements are so low and providers are already reacting by trimming their Medicaid censuses
  • Patients who are stuck with these incredibly high deductibles will receive large bills for payment due and many will either stiff the providers or have to scrape up the money to pay them
  • Providers will see a sharp increase in delinquencies because so many patients will not be able to afford their deductibles
  • Many providers will choose not to accept any of these plans so that they can avoid the above, and change their practices to private pay and supplemental pay only, all at a time when demand for their services is exploding

I wouldn't even go so far as to call those predictions - they're just observations based on how this law is set up and on what is already happening.

ObamaCare will track just like RomneyCare. A bumpy start, very expensive, lots of fixes needed, but deeply entrenched and wildly popular five years down the road.

In the meantime, the GOP will experience the five stages of grief:

Denial — "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."

Anger — "It's not fair!"; "Who is to blame?"

Bargaining — "I'll do anything for a few more years in power."

Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"

Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

Last edited:
My prediction: Templar K will keep on writng his manifestos about belonging to neither party, admonishing dems and repubs along the way for being robots,while he votes straight ticket Republican in 2014.

Right now, the GOP is cycling between the first two stages of grief.

As we approach the debt ceiling in February, the GOP will lowball its demands that must be met for them to approve raising the ceiling. This is because they want to keep the American people focused on the shortcomings of ObamaCare and not on the GOP being a bunch of assholes who shut down the government.

In 2014, ObamaCare will be far more successful at getting people insurance than the GOP is hoping it will.

Beyond that, everything else is smoke. There are an infinite number of unforeseen events which can happen between now and next November which will tilt the field this way and that.

But you can be sure if an extinction event asteroid were discovered to be heading toward Earth, the right wing will find a way to blame it on Obama golfing too much.

You know, you Democrats have beat that pony to death. Accept 66.6% (the Presidency & Senate) of the blame and move on.

You assume much. For instance, I am not a Democrat. I am a Republican.

Second, check the polls and see who took the biggest hit for the government shutdown. Accept reality and move on.

When you see how watered down the GOP demands are this time around, as we are already seeing in the budget process, you will see I am entirely correct in my prediction.

No fake filibusters. No attempts to defund ObamaCare. Just token outbursts and then the debt celing will be raised. As it always is.

The GOP has changed strategy. Don't blame me for you being behind the curve. :lol:

That pony has died, get over it..

If you're a Republican you should face reality and be a Democrat, you're only fooling yourself.

Sure, the conservative wing of the Republican doesn't have the political power to get pleasing results from my perspective but without the power (at least 66.6% of the federal elected power) the same manure will just keep getting turned over. That's the reality in my opinion.

Not really Temp

You may be right, but it's likely that the following will also happen in 2014 as a result of the ACA:

• The predictable dumping of millions of employees into the ACA system will create considerable ill will towards the plan as many of these employees will see sharp increases in net premiums because they may not qualify for subsidies and they're no longer having their employer pay most of their premiums
  • Medicaid patients -- now millions more of them -- will have significant difficulty finding doctors and other providers because Medicaid reimbursements are so low and providers are already reacting by trimming their Medicaid censuses
  • Patients who are stuck with these incredibly high deductibles will receive large bills for payment due and many will either stiff the providers or have to scrape up the money to pay them
  • Providers will see a sharp increase in delinquencies because so many patients will not be able to afford their deductibles
  • Many providers will choose not to accept any of these plans so that they can avoid the above, and change their practices to private pay and supplemental pay only, all at a time when demand for their services is exploding

I wouldn't even go so far as to call those predictions - they're just observations based on how this law is set up and on what is already happening.

By November, people will have had almost a year in their policies. They will have paid premiums, filed claims and been reimbursed. Some will be happy with their plan, others will switch to a more expensive or cheaper plan. That is the way insurance has always worked

But people will be covered. Republicans will not be running on making peoples coverage better....they will be running on cancelling that coverage and replacing it with nothing

Good luck with that in 2014

Another sticking point for Republicans will be policy envy from voters.

Voters in Red States had their governors turn down additional Medicaid coverage for their people. They had their governors decline setting up state run exchanges.

Come election time, these voters will be given information on what they are paying vs what voters in blue states are paying for the same coverage........I doubt if they will be happy

You mean like under Bush.

What Is the Real Reason George Bush Invaded Iraq?

Bush was a far better President than Obama. Check it out, when Harry and Nancy took over Congress, all hell broke loose. (why do I bother to waste my time with illogical sycophants)

Just because Obama and the Democrat media blame Bush doesn't make it true, they're proven liars.

Last edited:

You mean like under Bush.

What Is the Real Reason George Bush Invaded Iraq?

Bush was a far better President than Obama. Check it out, when Harry and Nancy took over Congress, all hell broke loose. (why do I bother to waste my time with illogical sycophants)

Just because Obama and the Democrat media blame Bush doesn't make it true, their proven liars.

The Smoking Gun will be a mushroom cloud

Just because Obama and the Democrat media blame Bush doesn't make it true, their proven liars.

The Smoking Gun will be a mushroom cloud

I'm sick of giving Democrat quotes from the Democrat leaders of the time, you've seem them and refuse to accept the reality.. soooo phooey on you..:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back