Political Predictions for 2014

I can give you an answer

Because the rightwing media and TeaTards will crucify any Republican who try's to promote a healthcare plan

that's why

I think that has to be a possibility. I've heard Limbaugh and Levin both rail against any kind of a plan, and certainly they have a lot of influence. They're both fans of the Tea Party, and so their listeners would scream bloody murder if a real plan were pushed.

The top priority of the partisan blabbers is not party or country, it's ratings.

No offense, Mac, but ANYBODY who listens to Rush Limbaugh has got to be nuts.:confused:

To support my predictions: Health Care Exchange Is Vastly Improved, Users Say

Stephanie Lincoln, 60, of Lansdowne, Pa., also had quick success with the exchange — after a frustrating experience trying to submit an application online in October and November. With the help of a navigator, Caroline Picher, working at the local library, Ms. Lincoln signed up in just one hour on Friday for a policy that will cost $113 a month, with no deductible.

“I am one of the people whose plans were canceled,” Ms. Lincoln said. “It was just the easiest thing in the world.”

One of the people whose plan was canceled. And now she's happy!

Medical worker finally gets insurance on Obamacare website

It took two months, weekly visits to the jammed-up federal website and a half-dozen phone calls, but JoAnn Smith finally got health insurance Monday. It'll only cost her $3.19 a month to cover herself and her husband.

"I just instantly burst into tears," she says.

Remember how many times I have said the issue ad writes itself? Here we have a woman who got health insurance, really cheap, and who had to overcome a deliberate GOP obstacle to get it:

Smith, a 60-year-old medical transcriptionist in Clearwater, Fla., must use the federal website to buy health insurance because Florida opted not to run its own.

The people are not going to forget who tried to stop them from getting insurance.

This from the NYT? Gee, what a surprise. Bias much?? Pffft.

1. Cons will predict that they will win in 2014, with the same results as 2012.
2. Cons will blame the debt on the poor, the elderly and healthcare, like they did last time.
3. Cons will campaign on more tax cuts for the rich
4. The electorate will remember the con shut down that wasted $26 billion
5. The electorate will remember the cons throwing the unemployed out in the street, cutting off benefits
6. The electorate will know that if cons win they will throw grandma out in the street too, destroying SS
7. The electorate will hold the cons responsible for destroying food stamps to the hungry
8. The debt ceiling fight will be fresh in the electorates minds
9. The electorate will remember the obstructionism of the cons
10. The electorate will still hold cons responsible for the economic collapse of 2007, and the loss of millions of jobs

Last edited:
Happy New Year.. it's possible

1) Even Democrats will turn on Obama due to fear of the coming election.

2) Americans will decide they want the adults running the country again.

3) The realities of Obamacare failure will hit both Republicans and Democrats.

What a crock of shit trollish thread. PLease, it belongs in the Rubber Room, not the Politics Forum. :lol:

Adults? You couldn't act like an adult if your life depended upon it, let alone recognize what it takes to be an adult

What a crock of shit trollish thread. PLease, it belongs in the Rubber Room, not the Politics Forum. :lol:

Adults? You couldn't act like an adult if your life depended upon it, let alone recognize what it takes to be an adult

Why don't you piss and moan like a baby, oh, too late.

Happy Holidays Lumpy

and

go easy on the eggnog
:eusa_shifty:

Happy Holidays Lumpy

and

go easy on the eggnog

Don't be clam handing me, you you

Okay well, Merry Christmas Dante...

Last edited:

Happy Holidays Lumpy

and

go easy on the eggnog

Don't be clamming handing me, you you

Here's another prediction that is worth every penny you are paying for it.

Rent seeking doctors will head to where they get the highest net fees creating a massive over supply of doctors in some states and massive shortages in other states.

Rent seeking subsidy eligible patients will create other distinct areas of oversupply and shortages of physicians.

1-2 states will get physician shortages and oversupply of patients and start heading for default pre-election. Obama will let the government shutdown in an attempt to avoid such defaults or at least blame the GOP. This time it won't work well enough to do him any good.

After the 2014 election and business exchange roll out he will have lost effective control of the senate as at least half of the D class 2016 will defect on critical votes.

2014 will be easy

Republucans will hold their gerrymandered house
Dems will hold the Senate
Republicans will lose a couple of governorships

TeaTards will continue to bully Republicans into doing nothing

Republicans will lose the Senate, Whitehouse and House in 2016

2014 will be easy

An optimistic Democratic Party member or a raving lunatic..

Guess which one I'd pick..:lol:

Last edited:

1110JOBCREATE.jpg

Maybe a "jobs bill" from Republicans?

2014 will be easy

That's a distinction without difference hence the term loony-left.

2014 will be easy

I love it when people whose policies are "let him die" and "kick the poor while they are down" call the left "loony".

I love it when people whose policies are "let him die" and "kick the poor while they are down" call the left "loony".

You'd be talking about the Obama/Democrat stagnant economy there, rare employment opportunities, low paying jobs if any and at least 6 million Americans loosing their insurance so far.. Obama/Democrats lie and Americans Die.

Last edited:
2014 will be easy

Or he just runs the numbers.

Let's look at the Senate. The problem in the Senate for the GOP in 2016 is that all the TeaTards who got elected in 2010 will be up again. So lots of oppurtunities for pickups by the Democrats there.

The House might be the most problematic, because you'd need a real wave to turn a lot of these Gerrymandered districts. but demographically, they are changing as populations shift.

For the Presidency, that's easy. Electorally, the Democrats start the game with 257 Electoral votes (The states they've won 5 or 6 of the last six elections). All they need to do is pick up 13 more. VA, FL, NC, OH- any one of those puts them over the top. So does the combination of CO and NV, which they've won the last two times.

And here's the real kicker. The ONLY thing that kept Romney alive was that there were just a lot of racist assholes losing their shit over a black dude in the White House. Assuming that the Democrats run a white person, even a woman, and frankly, that anger won't be propelling the next GOP nominee.

To win, the GOP needs to get back in touch with working folks, make inroads with minorities, and stop pissing off women by making regulations about their lady parts.

2014 will be easy

Let's look at the Senate. The problem in the Senate for the GOP in 2016 is that all the TeaTards who got elected in 2010 will be up again. So lots of oppurtunities for pickups by the Democrats there.

The House might be the most problematic, because you'd need a real wave to turn a lot of these Gerrymandered districts. but demographically, they are changing as populations shift.

For the Presidency, that's easy. Electorally, the Democrats start the game with 257 Electoral votes (The states they've won 5 or 6 of the last six elections). All they need to do is pick up 13 more. VA, FL, NC, OH- any one of those puts them over the top. So does the combination of CO and NV, which they've won the last two times.

And here's the real kicker. The ONLY thing that kept Romney alive was that there were just a lot of racist assholes losing their shit over a black dude in the White House. Assuming that the Democrats run a white person, even a woman, and frankly, that anger won't be propelling the next GOP nominee.

To win, the GOP needs to get back in touch with working folks, make inroads with minorities, and stop pissing off women by making regulations about their lady parts.

You touch on an important fact

The Democrats have an overwhelming advantage in the Electoral College before the race even starts. One or two swing states and the race is over

Just look at George Bush in 2000 and 2004, he barely received the electoral votes to bring him to 270. That was 13 years ago. Those swing states have since moved further to the left

What can Republicans do? They need to rebrand themselves to appeal to moderates. Silence the crazies. Distance themselves from the extremes of Rightwing media. Run as fiscal conservatives and social moderates.

Can they do this? Probably not

2014 will be easy

I've done the math...I don't see where you come up with 257 being in the bank automatically if you're not counting Florida as part of that 257. Do you have a link, or can you list the states?

[

I've done the math...I don't see where you come up with 257 being in the bank automatically if you're not counting Florida as part of that 257. Do you have a link, or can you list the states?

Here you go...

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

The 17 states that the Democrats have won 6 for 6 in the last 6 elections total 242 votes.

They include DC, CA, OR, WA, MN, WI, IL, MI, NY, VT, ME, MD, DE, RI, MA, CT, NJ. (I think I got them all.)

The three states the Dems have taken 5 of the last 6 times are IA, NM, and NH. They make up 15 electoral votes.

so now all they need is 13 more. They get that from Virginia (13) Ohio (18), NC (15) or FL (26). The combination of NV and CO also gets them there (6+9)

Happy Holidays Lumpy

and

go easy on the eggnog

Rent seeking doctors will head to where they get the highest net fees creating a massive over supply of doctors in some states and massive shortages in other states.

Rent seeking subsidy eligible patients will create other distinct areas of oversupply and shortages of physicians.

1-2 states will get physician shortages and oversupply of patients and start heading for default pre-election. Obama will let the government shutdown in an attempt to avoid such defaults or at least blame the GOP. This time it won't work well enough to do him any good.

After the 2014 election and business exchange roll out he will have lost effective control of the senate as at least half of the D class 2016 will defect on critical votes.

Doctors are not going to places where there are already too many. They won't make the big bucks that they are in business for. They will go to a place that is short on doctors, so they can over charge and get away with it.

The problem isn't Obama care, it's medical greed.

Doctors are not going to places where there are already too many. They won't make the big bucks that they are in business for. They will go to a place that is short on doctors, so they can over charge and get away with it.

The problem isn't Obama care, it's medical greed.

Instead of babbling on about something you obviously don't understand, perhaps you could read this link over. Obamacare/government (help..:lol:) only exacerbates the existing problems they pretty well created in the first place.

Physician Attitudes Survey - June 2012 | Doctor Patient Medical Association

Last edited:

Forum List

Back