Police State

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Last night I saw about nine cops draw their guns on a woman, a car was blocking my view but I am pretty sure she got taken to the ground in a not so calm manner. It was the best thing I have seen all year. I am sorry, I do not feel bad for people who get their face put in the pavement. This girl five minutes before was hitting the bar window with a car battery.

This girl five minutes before was hitting the bar window with a car battery.

Interesting choice of weapons.

I'd have thought a mere rock would do, but clearly that woman has here own unique window smashing style.

The cops are out of control these days.

#1 At one public school down in Texas, a 12-year-old girl named Sarah Bustamantes was recently arrested for spraying herself with perfume.

#2 A 13-year-old student at a school in Albuquerque, New Mexico was recently arrested by police for burping in class.

#3 Another student down in Albuquerque was forced to strip down to his underwear while five adults watched because he had $200 in his pocket. The student was never formally charged with doing anything wrong.

#4 A security guard at one school in California broke the arm of a 16-year-old girl because she left some crumbs on the floor after cleaning up some cake that she had spilled.

#5 One teenage couple down in Houston poured milk on each other during a squabble while they were breaking up. Instead of being sent to see the principal, they were arrested and sent to court.

#6 In early 2010, a 12-year-old girl at a school in Forest Hills, New York was arrested by police and marched out of her school in handcuffs just because she doodled on her desk. "I love my friends Abby and Faith" was what she reportedly scribbled on her desk.

#7 A 6-year-old girl down in Florida was handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.

#8 One student down in Texas was reportedly arrested by police for throwing paper airplanes in class.

#9 A 17-year-old honor student in North Carolina named Ashley Smithwick accidentally took her father's lunch with her to school. It contained a small paring knife which he would use to slice up apples. So what happened to this standout student when the school discovered this? The school suspended her for the rest of the year and the police charged her with a misdemeanor.

#10 In Allentown, Pennsylvania a 14-year-old girl was tasered in the groin area by a school security officer even though she had put up her hands in the air to surrender.

#11 Down in Florida, an 11-year-old student was arrested, thrown in jail and charged with a third-degree felony for bringing a plastic butter knife to school.

#12 Back in 2009, an 8-year-old boy in Massachusetts was sent home from school and was forced to undergo a psychological evaluation because he drew a picture of Jesus on the cross.

#13 A police officer in San Mateo, California blasted a 7-year-old special education student in the face with pepper spray because he would not quit climbing on the furniture.

#14 In America today, even 5-year-old children are treated brutally by police. The following is from a recent article that described what happened to one very young student in Stockton, California a while back....

Earlier this year, a Stockton student was handcuffed with zip ties on his hands and feet, forced to go to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and was charged with battery on a police officer. That student was 5 years old.

#15 At one school in Connecticut, a 17-year-old boy was thrown to the floor and tasered five times because he was yelling at a cafeteria worker.

#16 A teenager in suburban Dallas was forced to take on a part-time job after being ticketed for using foul language in one high school classroom. The original ticket was for $340, but additional fees have raised the total bill to $637.

#17 A few months ago, police were called out when a little girl kissed a little boy during a physical education class at an elementary school down in Florida.

#18 A 6-year-old boy was recently charged with sexual battery for some "inappropriate touching" during a game of tag at one elementary school in the San Francisco area.

#19 In Massachusetts, police were recently sent out to collect an overdue library book from a 5-year-old girl.

19 Crazy Things That School Children Are Being Arrested For In America - informationliberation

Did I miss something, or are all these examples involve students and schools? Seems like a clear cut case of schools being totally out of control.

Did I miss something, or are all these examples involve students and schools? Seems like a clear cut case of schools being totally out of control.

And cops should not be arresting kids for using perfume even if some idiot teacher says they should.

Someone has to use their brain around here.

And cops should not be arresting kids for using perfume even if some idiot teacher says they should.

The background in each incident is missing. Making a judgment "the cops are out of control" is absurd based on the few facts presented.

Citizens are placed in handcuffs for the protection of others and the person detained.

The background in each incident is missing. Making a judgment "the cops are out of control" is absurd based on the few facts presented.

Citizens are placed in handcuffs for the protection of others and the person detained.

Clink the link, the stories for each incident are embedded.

The control of schools was lost when they outlawed corporal punishment. The mere threat of that piece of wood ....

I don't know. I took corporal punishment as a contest between me and the person administering the beatings.

I would always try to prove I could take more than they could dish out.

It always amazes me that people say cops can do no wrong. Get real. There are bad cops too. Most are decent people but sometimes the stress can get to them and sometimes they become desensitized that they are dealing with people who may be innocent. And sometimes the system (good old buddy system) steps in.

When Chicago police answered a domestic disturbance call at the home of Tiawanda Moore and her boyfriend in July 2010, the officers separated the couple to question them individually. Moore was interviewed privately in her bedroom. According to Moore, the officer who questioned her then came on to her, groped her breast and slipped her his home phone number.

Robert Johnson, Moore's attorney, says that when Moore and her boyfriend attempted to report the incident to internal affairs officials at the Chicago Police Department, the couple wasn't greeted warmly. "They discouraged her from filing a report," Johnson says. "They gave her the runaround, scared her, and tried to intimidate her from reporting this officer -- from making sure he couldn't go on to do this to other women."

Ten months later, Chicago PD is still investigating the incident. Moore, on the other hand, was arrested the very same afternoon.

Her crime? At some point in her conversations with internal affairs investigators, Moore grew frustrated with their attempts to intimidate her. So she began to surreptitiously record the interactions on her Blackberry. In Illinois, it is illegal to record people without their consent, even (and as it turns out, especially) on-duty police officers.

"This is someone who is already scared from being harassed by an officer in uniform," said Johnson. "If the police won't even take her complaint, how else is a victim of police abuse supposed to protect herself?"
Chicago State's Attorney Lets Bad Cops Slide, Prosecutes Citizens Who Record Them

Schools are prohibited by law from using discipline. What do you think is going to happen when the police are called? Hold a counseling session? Give the kid a "good talking to"? When people call the police, the police are expected to do something. Their function is to arrest and subdue those who fight them.

Schools are prohibited by law from using discipline. What do you think is going to happen when the police are called? Hold a counseling session? Give the kid a "good talking to"? When people call the police, the police are expected to do something. Their function is to arrest and subdue those who fight them.

Really prohibited by law from suspending a kid?
Prohibited by law from issuing detention or from taking away privileges like sports or extracurricular activities?

Discipline does not necessarily come at the end of a fist or via a pair of handcuffs.

Zero tolerance is the problem. Lazy ineffectual School teachers and administrators bowing to the prevailing mood of liberal feel good blame no one attitudes. Zero tolerance is code for " I am to lazy to make a judgement call" That is why when a 6 year old boy kisses a 6 year old girl he gets arrested and convicted of sex crime. Why when an honor student has a knife by accident in her lunch she is expelled and charged with a crime.

They did not do anything wrong, but the school and the law are to lazy to make judgement calls.

In Florida a few years ago the Valedictorian of a High School was in the process of moving from her parents house to her own place in the process a steak knife got left on the floor board of her passenger side front seat. Someone saw it from the window reported it and the school called the County Sheriff's office. The school has a zero tolerance police but this Sheriff did not. He refused to arrest her or to charge her.

That aside NONE of the given examples indicate a "police State" they indicate our schools gone stupid.

Zero tolerance is the problem. Lazy ineffectual School teachers and administrators bowing to the prevailing mood of liberal feel good blame no one attitudes. Zero tolerance is code for " I am to lazy to make a judgement call" That is why when a 6 year old boy kisses a 6 year old girl he gets arrested and convicted of sex crime. Why when an honor student has a knife by accident in her lunch she is expelled and charged with a crime.

They did not do anything wrong, but the school and the law are to lazy to make judgement calls.

In Florida a few years ago the Valedictorian of a High School was in the process of moving from her parents house to her own place in the process a steak knife got left on the floor board of her passenger side front seat. Someone saw it from the window reported it and the school called the County Sheriff's office. The school has a zero tolerance police but this Sheriff did not. He refused to arrest her or to charge her.

That aside NONE of the given examples indicate a "police State" they indicate our schools gone stupid.

BINGO! It's the schools, and behind that, parents who will sue schools for demerits in their child's records.

It always amazes me that people say cops can do no wrong. Get real. There are bad cops too. Most are decent people but sometimes the stress can get to them and sometimes they become desensitized that they are dealing with people who may be innocent. And sometimes the system (good old buddy system) steps in.
Funny, it always amazes me when people can't read and insist something was said that was not.

Our schools have become a sad joke, these arrests are silly but at the same time you would be surprised what the students get away with also, I drove by the high school when they had one of their little dances and it looked like I was driving by a fetish ball.

This girl five minutes before was hitting the bar window with a car battery.

Interesting choice of weapons.

I'd have thought a mere rock would do, but clearly that woman has here own unique window smashing style.

Her boyfriend waved an ice scraper too, liked he planned on doing something with it. Lol

I attended Catholic school back in the 1940s and 50s. The school was not co-ed and discipline was strict (to say the least). We were constantly reminded we were there to learn and nothing else. We walked in pairs like soldiers and there was no talking in corridors or in classrooms during lessons. We wore the same clothing, like uniforms, black trousers, black shoes, white shirt, maroon tie and navy blazer and punishment for infractions ranged from copying verbatim from books to standing "nose and toes" against a wall for long periods. And the Franciscan brothers and Carmelite nuns wouldn't hesitate to smack us around if called for. Bottom line: There never was a need to call in police or anything close to that -- and St. Francis Xavier earned top scholastic honors in NY state year after year.

While I would not recommend that level of discipline as a contemporary standard I have no doubt the police issue in the OP is the result of a lack of discipline in today's schools. Children need to be disciplined.

I attended Catholic school back in the 1940s and 50s. The school was not co-ed and discipline was strict (to say the least). We were constantly reminded we were there to learn and nothing else. We walked in pairs like soldiers and there was no talking in corridors or in classrooms during lessons. We wore the same clothing, like uniforms, black trousers, black shoes, white shirt, maroon tie and navy blazer and punishment for infractions ranged from copying verbatim from books to standing "nose and toes" against a wall for long periods. And the Franciscan brothers and Carmelite nuns wouldn't hesitate to smack us around if called for. Bottom line: There never was a need to call in police or anything close to that -- and St. Francis Xavier earned top scholastic honors in NY state year after year.

While I would not recommend that level of discipline as a contemporary standard I have no doubt the police issue in the OP is the result of a lack of discipline in today's schools. Children need to be disciplined.

Fuckin A they do.:clap2:

Forum List

Back