Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

Does the pot head libertarian left even understand what a "police state" really means? .

Nope. They're sheltered little snowflakes who have never stepped outside of this country to see what real hardship is, what a real police state looks like. I'd like to send them to North Korea where there are thousands in prison just for voicing opposition to the government. Spoiled rotten and ignorant large children are they.

Hey, he could have pointed his finger at someone and got shot or arrested for having a loaded finger.

finger-gun.jpg

Too many cops are instigating too many unnecessary confrontations these days. This one could have very well ended with another awful tragedy.
On the other hand, if the numerous Boston cops that let the Bomber Boys walk by them with backpacks had been a bit more inquisitive.....!!!

Who needs those pesky rights anyway, amiright?

Again, I dont know what happened. But the cop didnt just stop him. The cop got a report of someone exhibiting suspicious behavior and that's why he stopped him.
So what was that behavior? We dont know.
There is more here than we are being told. That's for damnsure.

Again, I dont know what happened. But the cop didnt just stop him. The cop got a report of someone exhibiting suspicious behavior and that's why he stopped him.
So what was that behavior? We dont know.
There is more here than we are being told. That's for damnsure.

It's very possible this guy was being stopped just for having his hands in his pockets; even the cop was saying so. Cops are human and make mistakes, but that hardly makes us a "police state" like the Branch Paulinian wing nuts claim.

come on. now you all are going overboard with this stuff

Agreed. I run into so many of these cop hater threads all over the internet. There are a little over a million police officers in this country, and when one of them is a little over zealous, which this cop was, then the wing nuts go claiming we're in a "police state". It always bothers me how we throw around terms we don't even half understand. I'd like to ship these cop hating assholes to a real police state just so they can see we actually have it pretty good in this country and we're nowhere near a "police state". These asshats are like spoiled teenagers decrying things they don't half understand. Stupid, spoiled, and ignorant.
We only have it pretty good in this country because people report and fight such things. It is a GOOD thing that people do not blindly accept overt police powers to feel more secure. This is not such a case, I don't see a single thing this cop did as anything more than standard but, to be quite honest, most of the threads here attacking police actions are not only legitimate but downright scary.

I would like to ship people like yourself to real police states to emphasize just how important CONSTANT vigilance of the people is in order to avoid such a horrific fate. We are not a police state now but that might change in a few decades or less if we lose vigilance and to be honest i think we are loosing it fast. Things like the PA and civil forfeiture are just accepted in todays world and that simply sickens me.

Agreed. I run into so many of these cop hater threads all over the internet. There are a little over a million police officers in this country, and when one of them is a little over zealous, which this cop was, then the wing nuts go claiming we're in a "police state". It always bothers me how we throw around terms we don't even half understand. I'd like to ship these cop hating assholes to a real police state just so they can see we actually have it pretty good in this country and we're nowhere near a "police state". These asshats are like spoiled teenagers decrying things they don't half understand. Stupid, spoiled, and ignorant.

The OP's a hopeless drama queen. The sad thing is it tries to base itself on a legitimate complaint -- there are countless cases of real police abuse of power. A simple uheated conversation, while the basis for it may be bogus, really isn't one of them.

But having these drama llama boys-who-cried-wolf trying to drum up fake cases just deflates the whole concern so that when a legitimate case comes up, what should have been legitimate outrage will be diminished. Thus his attention whoring ultimately serves and enables the abusers, not the abusees.
This.

Creating drama out of nothing more than an edited video where the police officer does NOTHING that is out of the ordinary is asinine when there are so damn many legitimate police abuses out there.

He's white. Had he been black nobody would have dared question what his hands were doing. But, being white, he has no civil rights case.
Because....

Yes, we know you are blowing smoke up our asses by trying to turn a standard encounter into a race baiting contest.

Take your race baiting elsewhere - we don't need that useless shit here.

Just a reminder to those of you who may have forgotten that we live in a police state.

A man from Pontiac, MI was stopped on the street and interrogated by an Oakland County Sheriff on Thanksgiving for walking with his hands in his pockets while it was snowing. The man, Brandon B Waxx McKean, pulled his hands out of his pockets to record this abuse of power.

I didn't believe this until I saw the video. That is ridiculous! This video should be shown to his commander and a complaint made.

The OP's a hopeless drama queen. The sad thing is it tries to base itself on a legitimate complaint -- there are countless cases of real police abuse of power. A simple uheated conversation, while the basis for it may be bogus, really isn't one of them.

But having these drama llama boys-who-cried-wolf trying to drum up fake cases just deflates the whole concern so that when a legitimate case comes up, what should have been legitimate outrage will be diminished. Thus his attention whoring ultimately serves and enables the abusers, not the abusees.
This.

Creating drama out of nothing more than an edited video where the police officer does NOTHING that is out of the ordinary is asinine when there are so damn many legitimate police abuses out there.
This video had better be out of the ordinary! How many times have you had YOUR hands in your pockets and a cop stopped you and asked what your up to?

Don't blame the cops. People call them and they are obligated to respond, as was obviously done in this case.
NO. When it is a stupid request, you ignore it. "I see a black person with his hands in his pockets" is definitely stupid.

This.

This video had better be out of the ordinary! How many times have you had YOUR hands in your pockets and a cop stopped you and asked what your up to?
Several times actually. Most of the time they didn't even bother with a reason, I was stopped simply for being outside. Its bullshit but then again I really dont give a damn if they approach me and ask questions unless they don't allow me to walk away or try to violate my rights (as has also happened to me as well).

Is talking to someone illegal? Should cops not be allowed to make contact with pedestrians?

Now that I know my rights I would act far differently than I did on those occasions but I certainly dont find fault for the police in simply establishing contact with me for whatever reason. The thread says detained. Do we have any actual evidence that he was detained? All I see is the cop established contact and furnished a rather silly reason. That does not, on its own, does not mean there was anything particularly wrong with this particular instance. It seems that people want to read more into this than is actually there.

What are you talking about? This is my first post in a cop thread. Are you trying to imply that cop wasn't out of line?

My take on it is the people that called 911 should get a visit from the cops and be cited for abusing the 911 system.
^:bsflag:He comments on all gun related threads, including COP ones.

Don't blame the cops. People call them and they are obligated to respond, as was obviously done in this case.
NO. When it is a stupid request, you ignore it. "I see a black person with his hands in his pockets" is definitely stupid.
Loitering in a residential is a sure fire way to get someone to call the cops whether your hands are in your pocket or not. This guy was some punk hoping to get just that kind of reaction so he could whine about racism and his rights.

Forum List

Back