Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

I've never been a defender of police power but yeah I definitely think a 46 second YouTube video in the middle of a meeting on the street with no setup and no conclusion tells the whole story in context, yup.

I've never been a defender of police power but yeah I definitely think a 46 second YouTube video in the middle of a meeting on the street with no setup and no conclusion tells the whole story in context, yup.

I think when or if it happens to you, you'll be pretty surprised and angry. Walking down the street can be construed as 'Criminal Behavior' in this Police State. Very sad.

I think when or if it happens to you, you'll be pretty surprised and angry. Walking down the street can be construed as 'Criminal Behavior' in this Police State. Very sad.

Oh it already HAS happened to me, and I've recounted that story on these pages many times.
And I got a fuck of a lot more than a conversation; I got guns in my face, handcuffed and taken away by police who never even bothered to identify themselves as such.

But the thing is, I relate the story it with sliiiiiiiiiiiightly more context than a 46 second snapshot-in-progress captured out of the middle of an encounter that has no context whatsoever.

Of course, we all know everything on YouTube is absolutely authentic and there's no such thing as "editing".

Gullible's Travels....

Last edited:
I'd like to see the whole incident. I wouldnt be surprised if they guy was acting intentionally suspicious and then "scored" when someone called cops on him. But who knows from the video?

come on. now you all are going overboard with this stuff
Walk around the White House on the sidewalk around the fence in a winter coat with your hands in your pockets and see what happens. Hint: Secret Service and plainclothes cops are among the pedestrians.

What's your point?
The point is, you will be told to remove your hands from your pockets. I've worn the same jacket in my avatar for years during Veterans Day ceremonies and have been told to take my hands out. I don't like it and have been threatened with arrest after I say, "Go fuck yourself." I'm generally with about a dozen other Pissed off troopers. True story.

Agreed. I run into so many of these cop hater threads all over the internet. There are a little over a million police officers in this country, and when one of them is a little over zealous, which this cop was, then the wing nuts go claiming we're in a "police state". It always bothers me how we throw around terms we don't even half understand. I'd like to ship these cop hating assholes to a real police state just so they can see we actually have it pretty good in this country and we're nowhere near a "police state". These asshats are like spoiled teenagers decrying things they don't half understand. Stupid, spoiled, and ignorant.

The OP's a hopeless drama queen. The sad thing is it tries to base itself on a legitimate complaint -- there are countless cases of real police abuse of power. A simple uheated conversation, while the basis for it may be bogus, really isn't one of them.

But having these drama llama boys-who-cried-wolf trying to drum up fake cases just deflates the whole concern so that when a legitimate case comes up, what should have been legitimate outrage will be diminished. Thus his attention whoring ultimately serves and enables the abusers, not the abusees.

Walk around the White House on the sidewalk around the fence in a winter coat with your hands in your pockets and see what happens. Hint: Secret Service and plainclothes cops are among the pedestrians.

What's your point?
The point is, you will be told to remove your hands from your pockets. I've worn the same jacket in my avatar for years during Veterans Day ceremonies and have been told to take my hands out. I don't like it and have been threatened with arrest after I say, "Go fuck yourself." I'm generally with about a dozen other Pissed off troopers. True story.

This wasn't at the White House.

I'd like to see the whole incident. I wouldnt be surprised if they guy was acting intentionally suspicious and then "scored" when someone called cops on him. But who knows from the video?

Come on man? Seriously? Inviting cops to come shoot & kill you? Sorry man, but that theory sounds completely implausible.

Come on man? Seriously? Inviting cops to come shoot & kill you? Sorry man, but that theory sounds completely implausible.
Was the guy shot and killed? Nope.
Take your crazy conspracy shit elsewhere. We're full up here.

Uh yeah, you're the one who just pushed a loony Conspiracy. Sure, the guy intentionally made himself look 'suspicious' so a cop would show up to confront him. Yup, he looked all evil and shit with his hands in his pockets. :cuckoo:

Does the pot head libertarian left even understand what a "police state" really means? They worry about a man being detained on the street but not about the ATF gun running or the 80 men women and children incinerated at Waco or Randy Weaver losing his son and having his wife shot in the face by an FBI sniper at Ruby Ridge. Get some freaking perspective and come back when you call for the indictment of the Attorney General for his part in the murder of two Border Patrol agents with the weapons illegally shipped to Mexico.

Uh yeah, you're the one who just pushed a loony Conspiracy. Sure, the guy intentionally made himself look 'suspicious' so a cop would show up to confront him. Yup, he looked all evil and shit with his hands in his pockets. :cuckoo:
So you think cops just question people for no other reason than having their hands in their pockets? They must be pretty busy in the cold weather.

It makes more sense than your 46-second video scenario does.

Does the pot head libertarian left even understand what a "police state" really means? They worry about a man being detained on the street but not about the ATF gun running or the 80 men women and children incinerated at Waco or Randy Weaver losing his son and having his wife shot in the face by an FBI sniper at Ruby Ridge. Get some freaking perspective and come back when you call for the indictment of the Attorney General for his part in the murder of two Border Patrol agents with the weapons illegally shipped to Mexico.

I'm deeply concerned about that too. We all should be.

It makes more sense than your 46-second video scenario does.

No it doesn't.

The elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about would be how it was a black man who was stopped for having his hands in his pockets.

It is correct that there's nothing unusual about that, as black men are constantly stopped for such trivial reasons.

The elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about would be how it was a black man who was stopped for having his hands in his pockets.

It is correct that there's nothing unusual about that, as black men are constantly stopped for such trivial reasons.
We can't discuss that. Such a thing would mean we treat people differently, based upon their race. Nope, not possible.

Forum List

Back