Police State: Dad Calls Cops To Teach Son A Lesson, Cops Kill The Kid...

After 19-year-old Tyler Comstock quarreled with his father and drove off in his truck, the elder Compton decided to teach him a lesson by reporting the truck to the police as stolen.

Soon after, cops chased down Tyler and shot him to death — despite receiving orders from dispatch to cease their pursuit.

Now the Comstock family is furious — and demanding answers.

“Why? Why did they kill him?” asked Shari Comstock, Tyler’s mother, in a statement to The Des Moines Register.

On Monday, an argument broke out between Tyler and his father, James Comstock, who refused to buy his son a pack of cigarettes. Tyler stormed off and left in his father’s truck, which is owned by a lawn care company.

James decided to teach his son a lesson by alerting police to the stolen vehicle. Cops pursued Tyler to the nearby Iowa State University campus in Ames, Iowa.

A recently released audio file revealed that dispatchers twice instructed police to stop following Comstock. The officers did not obey.

The truck eventually came to a stop in the middle of campus property, at which point police ordered Comstock to turn off the engine. Instead, the 19-year-old revved it, prompting Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson to fire six shots into the truck. Two of them hit Comstock, killing him at the scene.

“It was over a damn pack of cigarettes,” said James Comstock. “I wouldn’t buy him none. And I lose my son for that.”

Read more: Dad calls cops to teach 19-year-old son a lesson, cops kill the kid | The Daily Caller

That's what happens when you don't listen to the man with the gun.

He was told to turn off the engine, he should have complied.

Nothing will happen to the cop, he was doing his job and doing it well.

You are one fucked up person if you think a revving engine warrants death,truly !!!

Proclaimed by some cop a who's shits stinks the same as yours.We have left common sense and humanity in the past.

That is in fact what didn't happen. It had nothing to do with reviving the engine but all to do with the reckless abandonment ramming the police cruisers

They were instructed to stop the pursuit. A totally unnecessary murder. Shame on them.
In this example I'm inclined to agree.

They knew who this kid is and where to find him when he finally winds down. But they chose to initiate one of the most hazardous activities police can engage in -- vehicular pursuit in an inhabited area. All they had to do was back off and wait.

Their action was unnecessary.

I'll be one of the first to call out a bad police action. This wasn't one of them.
Knowing who the kid was, and whose truck it was, and that the kid didn't even have enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes, and that the kid's action was a tantrum resulting from an argument with his father, and that no other offense or intended offense was involved, and that the kid probably would be returning soon, or couldn't go far if he didn't -- what in your opinion was the necessity to engage in a high-speed pursuit in an inhabited area?

The cops should have call Dr Phil or Oprah to talk to the kid first.

I'll be one of the first to call out a bad police action. This wasn't one of them.
Knowing who the kid was, and whose truck it was, and that the kid didn't even have enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes, and that the kid's action was a tantrum resulting from an argument with his father, and that no other offense or intended offense was involved, and that the kid probably would be returning soon, or couldn't go far if he didn't -- what in your opinion was the necessity to engage in a high-speed pursuit in an inhabited area?
It doesn't matter if they knew who the kid was he was a danger when he backed up into the patrol car and went speeding off. Tell me how did they know who was driving the truck when it first started?

We conveniently opt out for the lethal solution way more than whats called for,and yes there are times where its called for. Terrible lessen learned for the father.

It doesn't matter if they knew who the kid was he was a danger when he backed up into the patrol car and went speeding off. Tell me how did they know who was driving the truck when it first started?
That is what the cops are going to say to justify what they did. But if it goes to civil court with a halfway decent lawyer and a jury the obvious and critical fact is someone had to authorize that high-speed pursuit. And because of the many accidental deaths and all the property damage which results from high-speed pursuits every year there needs to be a good reason for it. Do you think there was a good reason for it? If so, what was that reason?

In this example, a father reports his son angrily drove away with the father's truck. If you were a juror, would you consider that a good reason to jeopardize life and property in a high-speed pursuit? Or under the circumstances do you believe the police supervisor should have evaluated that situation and had enough sense to realize the kid wasn't going too far and probably would be coming home when he cooled off?

If the cops were ignorant of the circumstances and were following orders and procedure, then whoever issued the order is responsible for the shooting death and the damage to those patrol cars, all of which was the result of incompetence and/or misfeasance. Because the pursuit was absolutely unnecessary by any reasonable standard.

High-speed vehicular pursuits should be avoided whenever possible.

Some cannot confront this issue. It's blind Authority-Worship. It's very similar to Stockholm Syndrome. They sympathize with their oppressors.

I believe the opposite is true.

You see oppression in anything, and the only argument you've attempted to make in support of your position is to scream "boot lickers" over and over.

Here have some masturbation material, you poor chronically oppressed soul:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxGqcCeV3qk]Monty Python And The Holy Grail - Help Help I'm Being Repressed - YouTube[/ame]

We conveniently opt out for the lethal solution way more than whats called for,and yes there are times where its called for. Terrible lessen learned for the father.
While there are times when high-speed pursuits are called for, based on a statistical analysis I've read those times represent less than ten percent of the total number of pursuits per annum. And based on what I've been told by a personal friend who is a police officer, some cops enjoy high-speed pursuits. For some it's a kind of NASCAR rush -- an experience some people would pay to participate in. For others it just beats the boredom of driving around on a quiet shift.

Don't trust cops. The Supreme Court has ruled in three cases the job of cops is to enforce the law, not keep the public safe. Cops, courts, and lawyers don't care what's right.

That's what happens when you don't listen to the man with the gun.

He was told to turn off the engine, he should have complied.

Nothing will happen to the cop, he was doing his job and doing it well.

You missed your calling. Born too late i guess. You would have been a terrific Nazi Gestapo-Bot.

You have to admit defying the Nazis meant ending up dead too. Defying Nazi orders didn't advance the cause of freedom one bit.

That you cannot discern the difference between cops and Nazis says far more about your rationality - such as it is - than it does about either cops or Nazis.

Any so called conservatives on this board attempting to defend this action better read further into the story.

Oh and while we're at it..........

policemen tasered a step dad for trying to run in and save his three year old baby from a burning house

oh and while we're at it.........

a website is up and running over cops killing dogs I think it's every 93 minutes

Shall I continue?

Oh and a cop took out a young black man who was just trying to get help after an accident

Oh and ...........

This action by cops on a continual basis why the Panthers formed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when.

Some cannot confront this issue. It's blind Authority-Worship. It's very similar to Stockholm Syndrome. They sympathize with their oppressors. It's based on fear for the most part. But it's a subconscious fear. Most don't even realize they have Authority-Worship tendencies.

Years & years of Authority-Worship Propaganda has resulted in most Americans defending anyone wearing a uniform, shiny badge, and a gun. Germany experienced this same kind of mass brainwashing Worship during the rise of the Nazis. Most Germans were perfectly fine with anything the Gestapo did. But thanks for being brave and speaking up. I truly respect that.

I hope I can make sense of this to you and others who follow Ron Paul.

When the 60's happened............cripes one day I should give a lesson on this.

For others I am seriously white. Means I am a serious moving target. :lol: It didn't matter then. What was going on was the cops thought they ruled and this is under D.

You always have to remember under D. We didn't riot under any R. D's under Johnson just blew people away much like we are seeing now.

The BP's started because they were sick to death of the so called police force just coming in and blowing away people. OMG it was a nightmare on the coast.

You have to remember the times. Now I am as lily wihite as lily white can be but we joined forces with the Panthers to try to protect an inner city blacks.

Hells bells my dad again white as white could be was ready. Cocked locked and ready to rock.

It was us against the pigs.

I love the men and women who serve now. But that's not what we were facing then. What we were facing were wanna be cops. Barney Fifes wanting to shut anyone down for speaking out loud.

They were the enemy.

Last edited:
I'd like to say, I'm just an old one who has respected law and order all her life.

But I don't get this shit that's happening again. I don't get it.

Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead

ku-bigpic.jpg

A father's attempt to teach his son a lesson for taking his truck without permission ended in tragedy Monday after a local police officer shot the teenager dead.

James Comstock told the Des Moines Register he called the police on his son Tyler after the latter took the former's truck in retaliation for refusing to buy him cigarettes.

Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson reportedly spotted the lawn care company vehicle and pursued it onto the Iowa State University campus, where a brief standoff ensued after Tyler allegedly refused orders to turn off the engine.

McPherson eventually fired six shots into the truck, two of which struck Tyler who was later pronounced dead.

The official report claims the action was necessary in order "to stop the ongoing threat to the public and the officers."

Tyler's dad says he was unarmed at the time.

"So he didn't shut the damn truck off, so let's fire six rounds at him?" exclaimed Gary Shepley, Tyler's step-grandfather. "We're confused, and we don't understand."

Forum List

Back