Police Shootings in Black America: The 2018 Data Is In

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
and, surprise surprise - the data DOES NOT support the narrative that leftists are desperate to push

turns out that we do not have a national crisis where cops are targeting and killing innocent black folks

who was the racist that wrote this article?

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

There were 15 shooting deaths by police of unarmed black men in the United States in 2018, according to official data compiled by The Washington Post.

These figures come despite pervasive, yet misplaced, public outcry that has characterized police shootings of blacks as pathologically widespread and the most critical issue facing the black community.

Year after year, the statistics don’t support that narrative, and 2018 was no exception.

Let’s discuss the real tragedy of last year.

The Baltimore Sun reported that 217 blacks were killed in Baltimore in shooting deaths, while The Los Angeles Times said that 124 black victims were shot and killed in Los Angeles in 2018, and the Chicago Tribune reported 279 blacks were shot to death last year.

In three of the largest cities in the country, 620 blacks were slaughtered with no outcry from leftist media pundits. There were no candlelight vigils or marches, no outrage from celebrity athletes or prominent leftist black leaders, and certainly no attention from the Democrats who control policymaking in those cities.

Just 0.01 percent of the murders of blacks in the United States are from officer-involved shootings. To state this more clearly, 99.99 percent of murders of blacks in the United States are non-police related.

This is the real epidemic.

Look, nobody in the “I am a victim because I’m black” community wants to hear these figures, and the fact that a black (Uncle Tom) wrote it, doesn’t make it any more relevant in their (blind) eyes. If one black is killed by a cop, then all cops are racist.

Look, nobody in the “I am a victim because I’m black” community wants to hear these figures, and the fact that a black (Uncle Tom) wrote it, doesn’t make it any more relevant in their (blind) eyes. If one black is killed by a cop, then all cops are racist.

No one ever said all cops were racist Nancy, calm down. If anyone is currently caterwauling about being a victim it’s fragile white males and you sound like one of them. To assert the power of the state cannot arbitrarily murder unarmed non-threatening citizens in the streets should be a very conservative position. Is it only "consevative" if the citizen in question at the time is white? Or are you one of those fragile white males that cannot abide the rights of citizens to question and challenge governmental power and authority?

Last edited:

No one ever said all cops were racist Nancy, calm down. If anyone is currently caterwauling about being a victim it’s fragile white males and you sound like one of them. To assert the power of the state cannot arbitrarily murder unarmed non-threatening citizens in the streets should be a very conservative position. Is it only "consevative" if the citizen is question at the time is white? Or are you one of those fragile white males that cannot abide the rights of citizens to question and challenge governmental power and authority?

You are assuming much. Police cannot just assume people are unarmed until they pull a gun and shoot them. That's how you die.

Well sir... I don't intend to die. If someone gives me cause to shoot and refuses my orders, I'm going to fire on them, before they fire on me.

Now if you can provide clear cut proof, that the officer in question absolutely knew the person was completely unarmed, and was of no threat to anyone.... ok make that case, and I'll support the officer being taken to court over it.

But the vast majority of these "unarmed victims" that I have been able to see video of, the 'victim' was refusing to obey orders, intentionally provoking a response, and many were violent. So no... this isn't 'assert the power of the state' or some arbitrary murder. This is justice being served, and served for the benefit of the entire society, that a bit of human garbage was removed from our ranks.

Did that happen to mention how many unarmed and innocent white people were killed by trigger happy cops?
I'd like to see those as well, maybe you would give a fuck then.
odds are it is more than 15, but a smaller percentage of whites shot and killed
I know the overall percentage is lower than the population....Even so, the number of people killed by trigger happy cops -regardless of color- is a national disgrace.

No one ever said all cops were racist Nancy, calm down. If anyone is currently caterwauling about being a victim it’s fragile white males and you sound like one of them. To assert the power of the state cannot arbitrarily murder unarmed non-threatening citizens in the streets should be a very conservative position. Is it only "consevative" if the citizen in question at the time is white? Or are you one of those fragile white males that cannot abide the rights of citizens to question and challenge governmental power and authority?
Like the gentle giant that robbed a store before cops shot him, after he went after the cops gun?

No one ever said all cops were racist Nancy, calm down. If anyone is currently caterwauling about being a victim it’s fragile white males and you sound like one of them. To assert the power of the state cannot arbitrarily murder unarmed non-threatening citizens in the streets should be a very conservative position. Is it only "consevative" if the citizen is question at the time is white? Or are you one of those fragile white males that cannot abide the rights of citizens to question and challenge governmental power and authority?

You are assuming much. Police cannot just assume people are unarmed until they pull a gun and shoot them. That's how you die.

Well sir... I don't intend to die. If someone gives me cause to shoot and refuses my orders, I'm going to fire on them, before they fire on me.

Now if you can provide clear cut proof, that the officer in question absolutely knew the person was completely unarmed, and was of no threat to anyone.... ok make that case, and I'll support the officer being taken to court over it.

But the vast majority of these "unarmed victims" that I have been able to see video of, the 'victim' was refusing to obey orders, intentionally provoking a response, and many were violent. So no... this isn't 'assert the power of the state' or some arbitrary murder. This is justice being served, and served for the benefit of the entire society, that a bit of human garbage was removed from our ranks.

That's certainly true, police officers can find themselves in a sticky situation where the only thing they can do is shoot.

But that doesn't mean that police officers can't be trained to avoid trouble and reduce the number of confrontations.

Take the Ferguson situation. Officer Wilson stopped when he saw the gentle giant Michael Brown walking down the middle of the street and confronted him. If he would have just rolled down the window, told him sternly to get on the sidewalk, and drove off to the local Krispy Kreme to flirt with the waitress- the confrontation would have never occurred.

Like the gentle giant that robbed a store before cops shot him, after he went after the cops gun?

The police ran Ferguson like a shake down operation, they were the criminals in that case.

and, surprise surprise - the data DOES NOT support the narrative that leftists are desperate to push

turns out that we do not have a national crisis where cops are targeting and killing innocent black folks

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

There were 15 shooting deaths by police of unarmed black men in the United States in 2018, according to official data compiled by The Washington Post.

These figures come despite pervasive, yet misplaced, public outcry that has characterized police shootings of blacks as pathologically widespread and the most critical issue facing the black community.

Year after year, the statistics don’t support that narrative, and 2018 was no exception.

The Baltimore Sun reported that 217 blacks were killed in Baltimore in shooting deaths, while The Los Angeles Times said that 124 black victims were shot and killed in Los Angeles in 2018, and the Chicago Tribune reported 279 blacks were shot to death last year.

In three of the largest cities in the country, 620 blacks were slaughtered with no outcry from leftist media pundits. There were no candlelight vigils or marches, no outrage from celebrity athletes or prominent leftist black leaders, and certainly no attention from the Democrats who control policymaking in those cities.

Just 0.01 percent of the murders of blacks in the United States are from officer-involved shootings. To state this more clearly, 99.99 percent of murders of blacks in the United States are non-police related.

Things go wrong when you are in contact with armed folks in tense situations.

In the big sense, we agree though. The largest problem the black man has isn't police.

The racism that still exists makes it easier to slack off. Its like when that boss doesn't like you, you don't work as hard for him. From there we get a whole spiral of decay.

That's certainly true, police officers can find themselves in a sticky situation where the only thing they can do is shoot.

But that doesn't mean that police officers can't be trained to avoid trouble and reduce the number of confrontations.

Take the Ferguson situation. Officer Wilson stopped when he saw the gentle giant Michael Brown walking down the middle of the street and confronted him. If he would have just rolled down the window, told him sternly to get on the sidewalk, and drove off to the local Krispy Kreme to flirt with the waitress- the confrontation would have never occurred.
True, but that is not how we police our internal colonies. What get's one off the hook for murder? "I was afraid."

OK, you're too afriad to be a professional policeman, get another gig, you're out of a job at the very least.

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

Things go wrong when you are in contact with armed folks in tense situations.

In the big sense, we agree though. The largest problem the black man has isn't police.

The racism that still exists makes it easier to slack off. Its like when that boss doesn't like you, you don't work as hard for him. From there we get a whole spiral of decay.

You can thank your economic system for that and the notion that whites are working hard is fiction. Guess that's what happens when the power structure divorces worker productivity from worker compensation as we did a half century ago now.

Did that happen to mention how many unarmed and innocent white people were killed by trigger happy cops?
I'd like to see those as well, maybe you would give a fuck then.
odds are it is more than 15, but a smaller percentage of whites shot and killed
"Odds are" is not good enough is it, it's the same thing as saying "I don't know".
So what's your point?
"Odds are" you just made it up and ya don't know.

The police ran Ferguson like a shake down operation, they were the criminals in that case.
Lol wrong

There was no point in shaking down Michael Brown, no money in it.

If you mean Officer Wilson with small man complex had a terrible day at work and Michael Brown ended up dead, yes that happened.

Michael Brown was an idiot also though. You ever see the two follows acting like idiots in a bar end up in a senseless fight?

Brown got his punishment. Wilson, I dunno. Its not like I can check in on his life. Also, I can screw up at work and we just get a web site typo or too many of something or not enough of something. A cop screws up.....and someone is the worst cop on the force every day..... I don't know what standard or slack to hold them to in regards to punishment. I have though of everything from an electric chair to loss of the badge as an appropriate punishment in this one and I dunno.

One thing for sure, our prosecuting attorney was NOT the right choice to give that speech on tv about why the grand jury did not indict Wilson. Bob McCulloch looked like a defense attorney for Officer Wilson who just got him off the hook. The system was rigged intentionally or not.

We can solve the police brutality problem...
Let the police do their job or don’t police slums at all.

Forum List

Back