POLICE BLAME ZEMIR BEGIC FOR HIS OWN MURDER BY HAMMER-WIELDING TEENS

Who was responsible for Zemir Begic's murder?

• Zemir Begic himself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
...though you did say, in this thread, that just a bunch of Conservatives were swearing that this must have been about race. I am a Conservative in this thread, and have not done so, which puts that earlier statement in question. (Not meaning to be rude. I feel like arguing points at the moment. :D )

A "bunch" of Conservatives in this thread have. A "bunch" is not "all".

See Rozman, boeddica, etc...

You aren't sure? If you are a liberal, and I may be wrong about that, I have experienced an awful lot of liberals who assumed the Wilson/Brown situation was about race. Almost every waking moment on CNN and MSNBC it went.

Why do you surmise race may have had something to do with Wilson stopping Brown?

There's no word for what I am, but I'll agree that I fall on the left side of things. CNN and MSNBC don't speak for "liberals", they speak for themselves and their bottom lines. Either way, it's as stupid to assume that all liberals have the same opinions as it is to do so for Conservatives.

I surmise that race may have played a part because I'm white, and I've walked down the middle of many streets in front of police and I've never been stopped and hassled about it.
Really. And I presume you didn't just rob a store and push around a little pakistani guy either, or that your description was not called in since you did no such thing. Right?

Seeing as how Darren Wilson has testified that he didn't connect Brown to the store robbery until after he had stopped him, it is entirely beside the point.
He told him to get out of the road. If it were a white guy sauntering down the middle of the street holding up traffic, do you think he would have let that slide?

From my own personal experience being a rather delinquent white teenager with no respect for the law, I can say absolute certainty that I got away with a lot more than my black friends could.

So yes, I'm confident that the initial contact between Wilson and Brown would have been different had Brown been white.
I got away with a lot more too.

I could run, because my pants weren't falling off my ass, and I never got shot because a cop thought I was reaching for a gun when in fact I was reaching to pull my fuckin' pants up.

It's cultural, not racial.

Too bad you RWnuts hate the federal government. Otherwise you could call for a civil rights/hate crime violation investigation,

without looking like hypocrites lol.

Actually, normal people would just like the law to be enforced equally. This young man was targeted for his race and murdered in a cold blood. The murderers should be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives.

How do you know why he was "targeted"?

The murderers will likely spend the rest of their lives in jail, though.
They are minors. They'll be out when they turn 18.

One is being charged as an adult. He'll learn some new Skillz in the pen, which he will then teach his co-thugs when he is released in a few years.

Too bad you RWnuts hate the federal government. Otherwise you could call for a civil rights/hate crime violation investigation,

without looking like hypocrites lol.

Actually, normal people would just like the law to be enforced equally. This young man was targeted for his race and murdered in a cold blood. The murderers should be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives.

How do you know why he was "targeted"?

The murderers will likely spend the rest of their lives in jail, though.

I have a brain and cognitive abilities.
I do too.

That is why I travel cross country well armed.

ANYTHING can happed trying to get through Atlanta, which takes up HALF of North Georgia.

Not hate crime? Seriously? OMFG! Weren't they shouting something extremely hateful during the incident?
This is country is going crazy, that's for sure. And the governments acts as if it's ok...

They should all be certified as adults and put on trial for capital murder.

[...]

Do you think, when Wilson killed Brown, that it was about race?
I believe that even in the example of the least race-conscious individual the race factor will become an active component of the hostility in an angry confrontation.

When someone becomes the object of angry hostility that person is disliked for every available reason: an overweight person becomes a fat slob, a Black person becomes a n!gger, a White person becomes an honky, and on and on.

With respect to people sauntering down the middle of a street daring motorists to honk tends to be black males, then Wilson confronting Brown might be considered race based because no other race pulls that stunt.
Very true.

I've had that experience on two occasions that stand out in my memory, one while waiting at a red light as a group of four Black teen-age girls deliberately strolled slowly across the street, preventing the waiting cars to move when the light changed. As they passed in front of my car one of them looked at me, stopped, and loudly asked, "What you looking at, motherfucker?"

All four of them just stood there staring at me defiantly as the light turned red again and while cars behind me were blowing their horns.

That incident came immediately to mind when I first heard about the Michael Brown shooting and what precipitated it. I can't imagine a group of Asian girls doing anything like that no matter how Americanized they've become. It simply is not in their nature.

So, if white people did this to a black person, under the same conditions, race wouldn't have been considered to have played a role? I doubt Sharpton or Jackson would forgo that opportunity.

Your opinion of what Sharpton or Jackson would do in your hypothetical situation notwithstanding, do you think that any crime committed by someone of a different race than the victim is automatically race-based?

Here in NYC, we had a mayor. Ed Koch, who...in discussing "hate crimes," said exactly that.

If we are going to have a category of crime which requires mind reading, a more objective way to assign it would be the color of the participant's skin.

So, if white people did this to a black person, under the same conditions, race wouldn't have been considered to have played a role? I doubt Sharpton or Jackson would forgo that opportunity.

Your opinion of what Sharpton or Jackson would do in your hypothetical situation notwithstanding, do you think that any crime committed by someone of a different race than the victim is automatically race-based?
So explain why ANY time a black is killed by a white officer it is automatically ALL about race?
It's not about race.

But it is about that bass...

So explain why ANY time a black is killed by a white officer it is automatically ALL about race?
It's not about race.

OK....now how do I get that song out of my head????

It's not about race.

OK....now how do I get that song out of my head????

Here- try this...

Race would be the automatic and only conderation.

Forum List

Back