Fatal hammer attack on Bosnian immigrant not racially motivated, St. Louis police say

“There is no evidence that this was a crime occasioned by the race or ethnicity of the victim,” Mayor Francis Slay declared in a formal statement. He added, “Speculation that this attack had anything to do with the Ferguson protests is absolutely unfounded.”

Police have been saying the same thing about the killing of Zemir Begic, 32, who was beaten to death with at least two hammers near Gravois Avenue and Itaska Street about 1:15 a.m. Sunday.'

So the OP and others on the right want the authorities to ignore the lack of evidence and classify the attack as racially motivated only to appease racists.

Such idiocy is hardly surprising.

I read it was not being investigated as a hate crime. Surely they must have asked the youths why they did it? I suppose the likeleyhood of it
being a hate crime is so low, its not even worth looking into. I get it though, they dont want the pot stirred up any more at this point. Better
to just sweep it under the rug right? Because its the collective that matters the most in these cases, got to stay on point.
Usually if its a hate crime they would ask the surviving person if any racial slurs were used in the attack and check social media. Something would have come out by now instead of innuendo.

OK , if thats their standard for a hate crime, but It seems like a very hateful crime no matter which way you look at it, because it was Unprovoked violence. I would hope the perpetrators would at least be interrogated,.... there is always a motive. What the fuck can they possibly say? I was bored?

“There is no evidence that this was a crime occasioned by the race or ethnicity of the victim,” Mayor Francis Slay declared in a formal statement. He added, “Speculation that this attack had anything to do with the Ferguson protests is absolutely unfounded.”

Police have been saying the same thing about the killing of Zemir Begic, 32, who was beaten to death with at least two hammers near Gravois Avenue and Itaska Street about 1:15 a.m. Sunday.'

So the OP and others on the right want the authorities to ignore the lack of evidence and classify the attack as racially motivated only to appease racists.

I read it was not being investigated as a hate crime. Surely they must have asked the youths why they did it? I suppose the likeleyhood of it
being a hate crime is so low, its not even worth looking into. I get it though, they dont want the pot stirred up any more at this point. Better
to just sweep it under the rug right? Because its the collective that matters the most in these cases, got to stay on point.
Usually if its a hate crime they would ask the surviving person if any racial slurs were used in the attack and check social media. Something would have come out by now instead of innuendo.

OK , if thats their standard for a hate crime, but It seems like a very hateful crime no matter which way you look at it, because it was Unprovoked violence. I would hope the perpetrators would at least be interrogated,.... there is always a motive. What the fuck can they possibly say? I was bored?
It would be a hateful crime no matter who they did it to. You are right. There always is a motive. Yes they could say that they were bored. Kids do dumb stuff when bored all the time.

It would be a hateful crime no matter who they did it to. You are right. There always is a motive. Yes they could say that they were bored. Kids do dumb stuff when bored all the time.

But you know , because you have common sense that an answer like I was bored would be a bullshit answer. Kids doing dumb stuff when they are bored, are things like , popping valve stems, breaking car mirrors, dumping garbage cans... etc. Murdering someone with multiple hammers takes two
things, premeditation ( because they had already attacked a previous victim who escaped) and #2 motivation.

You cant get 4 kids together to spontaneously lose their humanity at the exact same time, while all equiped with hammers. It took a little inspiration and motivation. and of course pre-meditation. This is just logical.

But you know , because you have common sense that an answer like I was bored would be a bullshit answer. Kids doing dumb stuff when they are bored, are things like , popping valve stems, breaking car mirrors, dumping garbage cans... etc. Murdering someone with multiple hammers takes two
things, premeditation ( because they had already attacked a previous victim who escaped) and #2 motivation.

You cant get 4 kids together to spontaneously lose their humanity at the exact same time, while all equiped with hammers. It took a little inspiration and motivation. and of course pre-meditation. This is just logical.
Its hard to say its a lose of humanity. Its a proven fact teenagers brains are not fully developed and they have problems understanding consequences. For guys its probably worse and lasts until you are probably 25.. This is still no excuse but being bored can lead to some very dumb, dangerous, and despicable things happening.

The Teen Brain It s Just Not Grown Up Yet NPR

"It's the part of the brain that says: 'Is this a good idea? What is the consequence of this action?' " Jensen says. "It's not that they don't have a frontal lobe. And they can use it. But they're going to access it more slowly."

That's because the nerve cells that connect teenagers' frontal lobes with the rest of their brains are sluggish. Teenagers don't have as much of the fatty coating called myelin, or "white matter," that adults have in this area."

You know what's amazing, Clayton? That four black men randomly attacking a white man with hammers and beating him to death ISN'T considered a hate crime by people like yourself yet a police officer shooting a 6'4" 295 pound black man who's just robbed a store and then attacked the policeman who tries to apprehend him, IS!

How does that work in your head? I'd really like to know...

You know what's amazing, Clayton? That four black men randomly attacking a white man with hammers and beating him to death ISN'T considered a hate crime by people like yourself yet a police officer shooting a 6'4" 295 pound black man who's just robbed a store and then attacked the policeman who tries to apprehend him, IS!

It was four Black teenagers. Just because they scare you doesnt make them men.

They don't scare me, Milkweed...but only because I have a concealed carry permit. What scares me is that liberals like you are going to accuse me of being a "racist" and put me in jail when I defend myself from those hammer wielding "teens" by shooting them dead.

They don't scare me, Milkweed...but only because I have a concealed carry permit. What scares me is that liberals like you are going to accuse me of being a "racist" and put me in jail when I defend myself from those hammer wielding "teens" by shooting them dead.
They must scare you. You called them men when its obvious from the story they are far from it. The very reason you have a concealed carry permit is because life frightens you.

I would never accuse you of being racist for defending yourself from attack. I would accuse you of being racist for being racist.

I'm amused by your desire to debate how "adult" someone is who's beating an innocent man to death with a hammer, Milkweed!

I've had a concealed weapon permit for over 30 years now. I worked in an industry where I would regularly be carrying large sums of cash. It had little to do with "life" frightening me and more to do with my being realistic enough to understand that people do bad things to obtain large sums of cash.

With people like you...if I waited until they killed me with their hammers...it's an "oh well...shit happens!" scenario but if I stop them from attacking me by shooting them I'm going to have to hear nonsense like "oh, what makes you think they were going to strike you with those hammers! they could have been on their way to Habitat for Humanity to volunteer. you're obviously a racist!" The lengths that liberals will go to to excuse bad behavior in this country has reached epic proportions!

I'm amused by your desire to debate how "adult" someone is who's beating an innocent man to death with a hammer, Milkweed!

I've had a concealed weapon permit for over 30 years now. I worked in an industry where I would regularly be carrying large sums of cash. It had little to do with "life" frightening me and more to do with my being realistic enough to understand that people do bad things to obtain large sums of cash.
Thats ok. I'm amused at your description of them being men. You dont have to validate yourself to me. I dont believe you anyway because we are on the internet.

You said worked. Thats past tense. You still carry because you are frightened. Its ok but just know I know.

With people like you...if I waited until they killed me with their hammers...it's an "oh well...shit happens!" scenario but if I stop them from attacking me by shooting them I'm going to have to hear nonsense like "oh, what makes you think they were going to strike you with those hammers! they could have been on their way to Habitat for Humanity to volunteer. you're obviously a racist!" The lengths that liberals will go to to excuse bad behavior in this country has reached epic proportions!
Thats a bunch of BS. I am a liberal and if I was carrying a gun they would have been dead if I couldnt talk them out of it.

Thats ok. I'm amused at your description of them being men. You dont have to validate yourself to me. I dont believe you anyway because we are on the internet.

You said worked. Thats past tense. You still carry because you are frightened. Its ok but just know I know.

I carry because the police are seldom there in time to prevent crime...they usually end up cleaning up afterwards. I chose not to be a victim back then and I still make that choice. It's why I studied martial arts. It's why I obtained a concealed carry license. I think the last time I was "frightened" was about twenty years ago rock climbing in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Thats a bunch of BS. I am a liberal and if I was carrying a gun they would have been dead if I couldnt talk them out of it.

But...but...but...they're "teens", Milkweed! Innocent "teens"!!! :disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief:

"If" you were carrying a gun? I take it from that response that you don't carry one which means that they would bash your head in with their hammers while you hoped and prayed the police would show up in time to save you? Now I know why people like you want the Government to play nanny to you from the cradle to the grave, Milkweed! You're incapable of taking care of yourself because you actually think you can "talk" to animals like those four young men!

"If" you were carrying a gun? I take it from that response that you don't carry one which means that they would bash your head in with their hammers while you hoped and prayed the police would show up in time to save you? Now I know why people like you want the Government to play nanny to you from the cradle to the grave, Milkweed! You're incapable of taking care of yourself because you actually think you can "talk" to animals like those four young men!
I handle myself pretty well. i'm not concerned with someone doing something. i would never call the cops unless its to retrieve a dead body. In short, I simply fear nothing. Thats why I dont need a weapon by my side 24/7

Forum List

Back