Poland offers US up to $2B for permanent military base

That's 100% correct. And they can do the same to us.

But do we want it to come to that. People don't use Nukes because they don't
want to take the cork off the bottle. We could lob a nuke at somebody...but
when we do we give an open invitation for Russia to lob one at the Ukraine
or for China to lob one at Taiwan.

There is no moral conscience in the World. People will do what they want to do. Now it may come to that in North Korea or Iran. Those maniacs cannot be allowed to threaten us with Nukes, and can't be trusted with a Nuke.

People haven't used them because it is morally wrong...that's bullshit. They haven't used them because they don't want others to use theirs.

Our forces everywhere help keep the status quo. Others can't even invade conventionally without engaging Americans and that becomes a factor in preventing all-out war.

We sit on our ass inside our own borders and one day we would wake up and find we are alone and we would have no choice but use our Nukes.

We are alone, and we should be. This nation was built by people like my family, who came here TO GET AWAY FROM EUROPE. They came here and cut off all contact with the family back in Europe. We dont need them, or Asua, Afruca, etc.. This nation was supposed to be the last, best hope for humanity. If we've lost that then humanity deserves to be wiped out.

What, you think you're the only one with that story?

All of my Grandparents immigrated from Italy when they were young.
All of them had children that served and fought for the country, (and
grandchildren, counting yours truly)

Your opinion is your opinion, even if it is wrong. Mine is mine.

r
Bush had initiated discussions to move bases from Germany to Poland. His effort was in part due to Germany's hesitation in supporting the Gulf war. The Germans realized the economic loss they would suffer if the bases moved and fought to keep them.

Analysis: U.S. base plans shakes up allies

Bush may have looked at it, but Trump may well do it

I'd like to see our overseas bases closed. Bring our men and women home. Let Europe take care of itself. Not sure about treaties through NATO but that's what I'd like to see done.

r
Bush had initiated discussions to move bases from Germany to Poland. His effort was in part due to Germany's hesitation in supporting the Gulf war. The Germans realized the economic loss they would suffer if the bases moved and fought to keep them.

I'd like to see our overseas bases closed. Bring our men and women home. Let Europe take care of itself. Not sure about treaties through NATO but that's what I'd like to see done.

Sure we could do that!

Remember when the Somali pirates captured our container ship. Maersk Alabama? One of our major problems was that we had no bases in the area. Imagine that situation in a world where all our forces are stationed in the US.

Your proposal is a pipe dream simply because we need secure bases from which to resupply our ships. Remember what happened to the USS Cole? No ships available for underway replenishment so they went into an unprotected port and look what happened.

r

Sure we could do that!

Remember when the Somali pirates captured our container ship. Maersk Alabama? One of our major problems was that we had no bases in the area. Imagine that situation in a world where all our forces are stationed in the US.

Your proposal is a pipe dream simply because we need secure bases from which to resupply our ships. Remember what happened to the USS Cole? No ships available for underway replenishment so they went into an unprotected port and look what happened.

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for pointing it out. We do need bases.

Poland, our best ally in Europe? God, when that becomes the case then we know we've lost a lot of credibility around the globe.

The only eyes you care about are the international left

If by 'international left' you mean our traditional allies then yeah, of course I care. Who wouldn't? You guys act like they are our enemies.

Poland, our best ally in Europe? God, when that becomes the case then we know we've lost a lot of credibility around the globe.
The snowflake conception of "credibility" means groveling before the countries that kick us in the ass every chance they get.

No, it means when they don't point at your leader and laugh.

That's your fantasy, not your embarassment

Yeah, what's to worry about?

18-global-leadership-poll.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

The French attacked with 40 divisions on Sept. 7th, 1939.

They declared War on Germany 2 days after the invasion of Poland.

England immobilized and moved to support France within the first week.

The French attacked on a narrow strip of ground and only advanced 5 miles.

Saar Offensive (Sep. 7–16, 1939) Summary & Facts

The French Saar offensive was a joke. The Saar was never an all out offensive despite the fact that French were facing a much weaker German force.

Had the French and British truly attacked some German generals believe the war's outcome could have started on a very different note:

"At the Nuremberg Trials, German military commander Alfred Jodl said that "if we did not collapse already in the year 1939 that was due only to the fact that during the Polish campaign, the approximately 110 French and British divisions in the West were held completely inactive against the 23 German divisions."[11] General Siegfried Westphal stated that if the French had attacked in full force in September 1939 the German army "could only have held out for one or two weeks."

Saar Offensive - Wikipedia

U.S. troops were in Germany as a result of WW II. NATO was formed out of fear that the Soviets could attack either the French or British sectors of Germany.

The Soviets have been out of Eastern Europe since the early 1990s.

Why do we feel any obligation to advance the NATO front line 900 miles east into Poland and the Baltics?

Are the American people really willing to rick nuclear annihilation to defend these countries?

If not, then NATO has become impotent.

They declared War dumb ass...............Because of the invasion of Poland.

NATO has an agreement that will be honored.

They declared war dipshit because they needed to mobilize their own defenses when it became all too obvious that Hitler would become their problem.

OMG, you are one stupid SOB! Go read ANY history of WWII. You are a classic idiot and need further instruction!

You are a fcking joke. Try reading more than a book's jacket cover.

"Militarily we should have gone all out against the German the minute he (Hitler) invaded Poland. We did not. And so we missed the strategical advantage of the Germans being engaged in the East. We thought completely defensively and of ourselves."

Field Marshal The Lord Ironside
Chief of the Imperial General Staff
British Army

The Polish army folded so fast under the blitzkrieg, the Brits would have had tome to even put on their socks before it was over. I suggest you go back and research the topic at a little higher level than middle school. BTW, one of my history professors was a British Army officer.

The Poles were totally outmatched. They were outnumbered by Germany 2:1 in troop strength, 2:1 in artillery, 4:1 in armor-though most Polish armor were tankettes-counting only actual TANKS, it was 12:1-and 6:1 in aircraft, most of which were totally obsolete. German BOMBERS were faster than Poland's PZL-11 fighters.

And, of course, 2 weeks after the Germans attacked, the Soviets invaded from the east.

France and Britain had also asked Poland not to mobilize its army fearing that it would antagonize Hitler. Early mobilization wouldn't have prevented the German invasion but it might have allowed Poland to ready more troops, perhaps slowing the Germans advance.

Poland is our best friend and ally in Europe today

We should take them up on this and just leave Germany altogether

Poland offers US up to $2B for permanent military base

Poland wants a permanent U.S. military presence — and is willing to pony up as much as $2 billion to get it, according to a defense ministry proposal obtained by Polish news portal Onet.

The Polish offer reflects a long-standing desire in Warsaw to build closer security relations with the U.S. and put American boots on the ground. The push dates back to Poland’s entry into NATO in 1999, but has taken on added urgency in the wake of Russia’s annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea region four years ago and aggressive posture toward the alliance.
thanks for the op. I saw this.

Germans irked by demands for financial support for US bases

Sure we could do that!

When we talk about bringing all the military home, that includes the Navy and Air Force. They have a role to play securing our borders and ensuring the blockade portion of Fortress America.

Last edited:

If by 'international left' you mean our traditional allies then yeah, of course I care. Who wouldn't? You guys act like they are our enemies.

Some are, some aren't. You're shallowly obvious as shit though. You just want us to listen to the ones who want us to do what you want us to do already. There's no virtue in that

The snowflake conception of "credibility" means groveling before the countries that kick us in the ass every chance they get.

No, it means when they don't point at your leader and laugh.

That's your fantasy, not your embarassment

Yeah, what's to worry about?

18-global-leadership-poll.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

Nope, there isn't. We're effective when we're respected, not when we're liked. They liked the shit out of Obama and he got nothing. They respect Trump and he's gotten a lot

They respect Trump and he's gotten a lot

LOL (Xi and Putin are MORE respected than the orange buffoon.)

FT_17.07.17_U.S.-Image_PresRatingMap.png

Bull shit. You're equivocating liked and respected. Obama was liked and got no respect, that's why he accomplished nothing. Trump isn't as liked as Obama, the international leftist community likes weak, like Obama. Though leftists greatly exaggerated it.

But here's a fact you can't dispute. Obama flipped no one. No friend turned into an enemy or the other way around because of Obama's policies. Ditto Trump. You're the buffoons

Maybe it's time to leave Europe altogether.

They've had 70+ years to rebuild.

If they can't stand on their own by now, after all this time, they never will.

And if they will never stand on their own, then their value as military allies is limited.

I served with the US Army in Germany for a year-and-a-half, and had grown quite fond of the place, and of Europe, years ago.

But, although it pains me to say it, and contradicts an earlier position of mine, I'm beginning to wonder if NATO is simply a Euro-Crutch.

Last edited:

Some are, some aren't. You're shallowly obvious as shit though. You just want us to listen to the ones who want us to do what you want us to do already. There's no virtue in that

Which allies are our enemies?

Forum List

Back