Poland offers US up to $2B for permanent military base

World Police

You're conflating Cheap Trick's Dream Police about insanity and paranoia with a right wing new world order conspiracy? I sure know I wouldn't trust you to put together a jigsaw puzzle, you'll just cram the pieces together with reckless abandon.

You clearly do not understand my position on the criminally expensive, bullshit Military/Industrial Complex World Police scam perpetrated on the American people for the past 50+ years. Don't assume you know me or my positions.

I am not a Republican. I am a true liberal.

As I said, I looked it up during his campaign because I had the same question. I didn't think the Mexican government would agree to pay for the wall. His website said he would charge a tax on money wires to Mexico to pay for the wall. You're just programmed by the Democrat party and fake news.

Why is it not happening?

How many Democrat senators are there? I asked you this before and you ran away and hid. If I can show you Obama campaign promises that Republicans blocked, will you call Obama the stupid lying douche that he is? That's your standard for Trump, which you state again here. If Trump was blocked by Democrats, he's a liar. So?

Why not at least introduce a plan? Either work with Democrats or get the majority of people to back you up. Trump hasn't even tried to get anything done on this point other than bitch about it to you people and tell you how bad Mexicans are.

You're a liar, Trump never said that. I have no interest in putting any effort into responding to a post with a premise which is a lie. Keep slurping fake news, brain dead zombie

He kicked off his campaign insulting Mexicans saying they are bringing drugs, crime and are rapists and then only stating that some are good people. Clearly implying that most are not. Should we be surprised that White Nationalists and the alt-right have hitched up to Trump specifically on this issue?

You're a liar. Trump said rapists and murderers are coming here from Mexico, which is a fact.

He never called Mexicans murderers and rapists. You're just a liar.

Every Mexican coming here illegally is a criminal though

Turkey..............their present leader dreams of a new Ottoman Empire.............We should withdraw our bases from there............

They are going off the deep end............not plural though............

Compromise..........keep base in Germany and move base from Turkey to Poland ...........There you go.

So how many Army bases do you think we have in Turkey?
Incrit air base. And we are already scaling back due to tensions with Turkey

The name is Incirlik and it is an Air Force base. Now, can we exchange Army posts with Air Force bases? Don't think that works very well.

Turkey..............their present leader dreams of a new Ottoman Empire.............We should withdraw our bases from there............

Compromise..........keep base in Germany and move base from Turkey to Poland ...........There you go.

The name is Incirlik and it is an Air Force base. Now, can we exchange Army posts with Air Force bases? Don't think that works very well.
Yeah yeah yeah. Still need to leave Turkey

Poland signed a 5 billion dollar deal with Raytheon in March of this year to buy four (4) Patriot missile units with an option to buy additional units. They really don't need a missile defense system to protect Europe and the US on Polish soil (which was the original purpose of the "missile defense shield").

The angle is very simple: Poland wants a US military base to provide assurance that if the country is attacked that help will be provided (something that was promised but never delivered in WWII).

We have a nasty habit of not honoring our agreements. But regardless of whether or not they purchased the defense system (and they did), the US will put in more rather leave than it's Troops exposed. The MIC would be standing on the Pentagon Porch with hand out.

I agree with your point about our bringing additional investment to better support our troops should a base be built but I doubt that a base will be built, given the limited value it would offer strategically and the risk that the Russians would use the move to create a confrontation.

That's how we call Russia's bluff.

Poland had a border with the Soviet Union. They do not have a border
with Russia, per se. (Belarus is in between).

Russia doesn't set American Foreign Policy. We set our own.

And our foreign policy needs to be one that catches the eye of the Brits,
the Frogs and the Krauts. Those former Warsaw Pact Countries have been
some of our strongest allies over the last 25 years. We need to show them
that we appreciate them for that.

We need to milk western Europe by supporting the eastern Europeans.
Teach those in the Western part that we have plenty of European support
and real allies. Especially those fuckin' Germans. What a worthless bunch.

Poland does have a border with Russia, the region is called Kaliningrad and lies on Poland's northern border. It is Russia's largest military staging on the Baltic sea.

NATO's Worst Nightmare: Russia's Kaliningrad Is Armed to the Teeth

I agree with you that western Europe needs to pony up their share of the NATO budget because continuing to subsidize their defense just doesn't make any sense.

Hey dumbass, can you read a map or is that beyond your room temperature range IQ? Poland doesn't have a northern border you fricking asswipe!

Kaliningrad most certainly is a sliver of Russia that borders Poland.

France went to War and lost it's country over Poland.
England went to France and nearly got their army trapped.

Only the Miracle of Dunkirk saved their forces, and only the Sea kept them from losing England.

The Point of how they did nothing is BS...............Had they attacked the outcome would have been the same.....They were outnumbered and out gunned..............

So to they did nothing I call it BS.

Only problem is that France invasion happened nearly 9 months after the invasion of Poland by Nazis, they truly didn't do much, if anything for Poland until they invaded France.

France went to War and lost it's country over Poland.
England went to France and nearly got their army trapped.

Only the Miracle of Dunkirk saved their forces, and only the Sea kept them from losing England.

The Point of how they did nothing is BS...............Had they attacked the outcome would have been the same.....They were outnumbered and out gunned..............

So to they did nothing I call it BS.

Only problem is that France invasion happened nearly 9 months after the invasion of Poland by Nazis, they truly didn't do much, if anything for Poland until they invaded France.
They attacked a few days after declaring a War.......made 5 miles and turned back...........They didn't have the power to take on Germany.......they were slaughtered when Germany invaded them.

Funny but the Poles had a mutual support treaty with both France and Britain before the start of WWII and military support never materialized once the fighting started. FDR pretty much gave Poland to the Russians at Yalta so it's understandable that something a little more concrete than a treaty (say a military base) would go along way to providing reassurance that commitments will be maintained.

They declared War dumb ass...............Because of the invasion of Poland.

NATO has an agreement that will be honored.

They declared war dipshit because they needed to mobilize their own defenses when it became all too obvious that Hitler would become their problem.

OMG, you are one stupid SOB! Go read ANY history of WWII. You are a classic idiot and need further instruction!

You are a fcking joke. Try reading more than a book's jacket cover.

"Militarily we should have gone all out against the German the minute he (Hitler) invaded Poland. We did not. And so we missed the strategical advantage of the Germans being engaged in the East. We thought completely defensively and of ourselves."

Field Marshal The Lord Ironside
Chief of the Imperial General Staff
British Army

The Polish army folded so fast under the blitzkrieg, the Brits would have had tome to even put on their socks before it was over. I suggest you go back and research the topic at a little higher level than middle school. BTW, one of my history professors was a British Army officer.

Brits were protected from tank Blitzkrieg's due to the English Channel.

Poland did far from the worst.

The Netherlands only lasted 4 days from Nazis, and that doesn't speak of the fact that Netherlands had French + British support, and didn't have Soviets, nor Slovakia invade.

Sure, the Netherlands is quite smaller than Poland, just like Poland was quite smaller than France, or quite smaller than Great Britain.

Last edited:

Where do you propose we go, because Poland is too far away?

As long as their leader is preaching for a new Ottoman Empire.............we need to go...........Plenty of Med Nations there that would allow us in if you are worried about a new air base in the region.........Diego if your worried about the Straights...................hell Greece would in a second..........lol..............they need the money.

As long as their leader is preaching for a new Ottoman Empire.............we need to go...........Plenty of Med Nations there that would allow us in if you are worried about a new air base in the region.........Diego if your worried about the Straights...................hell Greece would in a second..........lol..............they need the money.

I think you need to consult a map.

No I don't...............Erdogan is postal.............I've seen his statements on video.........we don't need to be there...............

He's openly stated destroying Israel and a new Ottoman Empire...............I state again............we don't need to be there when they are going backwards in time on Islam....................I reaffirm my point..............don't care where we move to...............anywhere but there.

No I don't...............Erdogan is postal.............I've seen his statements on video.........we don't need to be there...............

He's openly stated destroying Israel and a new Ottoman Empire...............I state again............we don't need to be there when they are going backwards in time on Islam....................I reaffirm my point..............don't care where we move to...............anywhere but there.

I guess you need to work on reading then! I was talking about alternative locations. You were proposing bases further away from the Middle East which is why the base in Turkey in the first place.

I guess you need to work on reading then! I was talking about alternative locations. You were proposing bases further away from the Middle East which is why the base in Turkey in the first place.
I looked at the map...........and yes Greece is about 950 miles away.........we have aerial refueling capabilities and use it all the time. Cyrius is closer but the RAF is already there and they protest them being there. Israel would have room problems possibly but would be a good location..........but a political nightmare.. Diego Garcia could expand but has a distance problem as well. And the Island isn't that big.

Guess we put a Carrier in the Eastern Med if we need closer support. Which we do when needed already. And use the aerial refueling for the longer trips for new locations. Either way.............we don't need to be there with Turkey going towards the dark side of Islam.

I looked at the map...........and yes Greece is about 950 miles away.........we have aerial refueling capabilities and use it all the time. Cyrius is closer but the RAF is already there and they protest them being there. Israel would have room problems possibly but would be a good location..........but a political nightmare.. Diego Garcia could expand but has a distance problem as well. And the Island isn't that big.

Guess we put a Carrier in the Eastern Med if we need closer support. Which we do when needed already. And use the aerial refueling for the longer trips for new locations. Either way.............we don't need to be there with Turkey going towards the dark side of Islam.

So you have no answer. Carriers are in short supply and it takes 3 to maintain a presence continuously. At about 10 billion dollars per battle group, we can do it cheaper with the Air Force. Carriers don't do cargo either or staging of troops.

Right now we have Jordanian bases too, but how long will that last?

So you have no answer. Carriers are in short supply and it takes 3 to maintain a presence continuously. At about 10 billion dollars per battle group, we can do it cheaper with the Air Force. Carriers don't do cargo either or staging of troops.

What is your answer? Do we stay in Turkey with Erdogan trying to go to the dark side of Islam? How is that in our countries interest?

Are you saying we should stay there? I respect your posts but what is your position? You haven't stated your opinion one way or the other.

What is your answer? Do we stay in Turkey with Erdogan trying to go to the dark side of Islam? How is that in our countries interest?

Are you saying we should stay there? I respect your posts but what is your position? You haven't stated your opinion one way or the other.

Erdogan has just about lived out the life expectancy of Turkish leaders. He will be overthrown by secular forces very soon. Turkey is not hard core Islamic like other countries.

Idiotic move....

For so many reasons... In a fight you need Germany beside you if possible...

How about Trump stop being an asshole? He is getting the US beaten everyday... China are laughing... Trump has made US the laughing stock of the world...

In a fight you need Germany beside you if possible...

Lmfao...you do know they lost Two world wars right?

The laughing stock is you.

Erdogan has just about lived out the life expectancy of Turkish leaders. He will be overthrown by secular forces very soon. Turkey is not hard core Islamic like other countries.
So you are for not moving.................Hope your right about Erdogan and Turkey.............time will tell..............

Forum List

Back