Plutocracy or Democracy?

This really is an interesting read; a balanced perspective rather than the usual tripe posting daily on this message board.

In the past century Republicans hAve opposed EVERYTHING with the exception of about a twenty year period that saw the rise of the northern liberal Republican.

They are gone of course, extinct as the dodo bird.

I am not.

Did you read the link? Might even surprise a dodo.

In the past century Republicans hAve opposed EVERYTHING with the exception of about a twenty year period that saw the rise of the northern liberal Republican.

They are gone of course, extinct as the dodo bird.

I am not.

Did you read the link? Might even surprise a dodo.[/QUOTE

Yes. I read the article. Nonetheless, I am not extinct. In fact, you would be surprised just how many of us are still around. Not happy at all with the way our party has gone.

I am not.

Did you read the link? Might even surprise a dodo.[/QUOTE

Yes. I read the article. Nonetheless, I am not extinct. In fact, you would be surprised just how many of us are still around. Not happy at all with the way our party has gone.

Good to know. Spending time reading posts from 'conservatives', at least those who believe they are a conservative, makes me wonder if any reasoned persons still identified with the GOP's rational wing.

Have you paused to consider the result of our government's increasing role in 'regulating' the economy? The growth of perceived plutocracy, of 'too-big-too-fail' bailouts, of a regulatory regime that serves, first and foremost, the needs of its financial backers. It's not getting exactly what is sought by the OP, is it?

"...best realized, furthermore, through a vibrant market economy based on private property, the economic arrangement that most efficiently creates wealth, respects human initiative, and allows people to support themselves and their families with dignity."

Amen

That's not something the Republican leadership believes in. You have to know that, right? Why do you think all those billionaires are buying up Republicans? Why does the Chamber of Commerce give to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats? It was the Chamber which helped move millions of jobs to China.

bchinab.jpg

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs

“The Chinese AmCham has worked closely with the U.S. Chamber and the Chinese government to sponsor a series of seminars in America to teach American businesses how to outsource jobs to China (called the China Grassroots Program),”

Forum List

Back