Zone1 'Be Not Afraid:' 45 Years Since the Election of John Paul II | The First Moments of His Papacy

Votar Roja

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2023

'Be Not Afraid:' 45 Years Since the Election of John Paul II | The First Moments of His Papacy​

On October 16, 1978, 45 years ago, the world witnessed the emergence of a remarkable leader. White smoke billowed from the Sistine Chapel's chimney, and Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, under the name John Paul II, became the 264th Pope. This event marked the beginning of one of the longest and most influential papacies in the history of the Church.

Discover the inspiring journey of Pope John Paul II, from his humble beginnings in Wadowice, Poland, to his tireless efforts as Pope. His deep commitment to freedom and human flourishing was evident when he visited the United Nations and delivered a profound speech.

John Paul II's papacy was marked by his unwavering missionary spirit, as he made countless pastoral visits worldwide. He established World Youth Days, initiated the World Meetings of Families, and encouraged young people to open their hearts to Christ.

Under his leadership, the Church witnessed a surge in beatifications, canonizations, and the expansion of the College of Cardinals. Pope John Paul II promulgated essential documents and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

The great Pope's journey on this Earth ended on April 2, 2005, but his legacy lives on.

• Banned
1698085283944.png

'Be Not Afraid:' 45 Years Since the Election of John Paul II | The First Moments of His Papacy​

On October 16, 1978, 45 years ago, the world witnessed the emergence of a remarkable leader. White smoke billowed from the Sistine Chapel's chimney, and Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, under the name John Paul II, became the 264th Pope. This event marked the beginning of one of the longest and most influential papacies in the history of the Church.

Discover the inspiring journey of Pope John Paul II, from his humble beginnings in Wadowice, Poland, to his tireless efforts as Pope. His deep commitment to freedom and human flourishing was evident when he visited the United Nations and delivered a profound speech.

John Paul II's papacy was marked by his unwavering missionary spirit, as he made countless pastoral visits worldwide. He established World Youth Days, initiated the World Meetings of Families, and encouraged young people to open their hearts to Christ.

Under his leadership, the Church witnessed a surge in beatifications, canonizations, and the expansion of the College of Cardinals. Pope John Paul II promulgated essential documents and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

The great Pope's journey on this Earth ended on April 2, 2005, but his legacy lives on.

Be not afraid of what? What's the point of this post?

• Banned
Be not afraid of what?

I take it you are not a Bible reader. “Be not afraid” is one of the Bible’s most popular themes. Throughout his public ministry, Jesus repeated this message many times. It was generally proclaimed in order to call attention to his providential care. After all, why should we be afraid if the Lord is in charge of our lives?

While most of us are familiar with this message, Jesus also provided a little known (but very important) exception to the rule. There is one occasion when fear can be of eternal use. Unfortunately, even though anxiety has become epidemic in today’s world, a fear few people possess is the fear of going to hell. “But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear him!” (Luke 12:4-5).

We don’t like to face it, but “the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1 Pet. 5:8). While he can’t force us to sin, the Enemy will do everything in his power to trick us into turning away from the Lord.

What's the point of this post?

It is about the anniversary of 45 Years Since the Election of John Paul II .

1698131345922.png

Last edited:
I take it you are not a Bible reader. “Be not afraid” is one of the Bible’s most popular themes. Throughout his public ministry, Jesus repeated this message many times. It was generally proclaimed in order to call attention to his providential care. After all, why should we be afraid if the Lord is in charge of our lives?

While most of us are familiar with this message, Jesus also provided a little known (but very important) exception to the rule. There is one occasion when fear can be of eternal use. Unfortunately, even though anxiety has become epidemic in today’s world, a fear few people possess is the fear of going to hell. “But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear him!” (Luke 12:4-5).

We don’t like to face it, but “the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1 Pet. 5:8). While he can’t force us to sin, the Enemy will do everything in his power to trick us into turning away from the Lord.

It is about the anniversary of 45 Years Since the Election of John Paul II .

View attachment 847671
Who cares about a dead Pope. He wasn’t a prophet of apostle. Just a man who usurped authority of Christ.
As far as fearing someone. The Bible also says fear God. If you read the Bible more you would know this as well. To say I don’t read the Bible is really ignorant. But that’s okay. I understand coming from a Catholic since for centuries it was illegal in your church to read the Bible

1.5 billion Catholics do.

Your post is very rude.
And that's about 19 % of the world. The other 81% say, who cares about a dead pope. HE WASN'T A PROPHET OF GOD OR AN APOSTLE. Now, how many of the 1.5 billion keep even a tenth of the commandments? About 1%?

Ronald Reagan And Pope John Paul II: The Partnership That Changed The World
Former attorney general Edwin Meese III explains the relationship between President Reagan and Pope John Paul II and how their collaboration helped end the Cold War.

President Reagan’s and Pope John Paul II Remarks at their Arrival in Alaska on May 2, 1984​

Forum List

Back