Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Injured Anyway

Besides a gun store?

If guns aren't allowed on any business, then how is this a mandatory gun issue again?

Kennesaw is the wacko town that requires (<< that's requires , as in by law) all heads-of-household to have a gun and ammo, thats how.

Ironic, innit?

Kind of like requiring men to have pregnancy coverage in their healthcare?

Wow, you almost got the point...

Kind of like a law requiring citizens to buy something? Hello?

So a massacre happens at a business that doesn't allow firearms and this somehow proves that people having the ability to defend themselves doesn't stop massacres?

Sometimes I wonder why we bother trying to talk with people so clearly irrational.

Hmmm Avatar
maybe it speaks to the point
that the real issue we should be addressing is mental health?
and making sure unstable people get help before getting hold of drugs, guns, etc.

I wonder if the young man who stabbed the high school junior
was taking any meds for depression, where these may cause unpredictable behavior.

Isn't mental state the underlying problem in all these tragic shootings and stabbings?

For the shootings, stabbings, and to ridiculous arguments here.

So a massacre happens at a business that doesn't allow firearms and this somehow proves that people having the ability to defend themselves doesn't stop massacres?

Sometimes I wonder why we bother trying to talk with people so clearly irrational.

The whole idea behind Kennesaw's laws is just that: to reinforce and underscore the Stand Your Ground laws. Sorry this irony totally escapes you.

Because clearly Kennesaw's laws caused FedEx to be a gun free zone.

Would somebody like to verify this loose excuse and tell me, besides a police or sheriff's station, WHERE guns are allowed on business property?

Besides a gun store?

If guns aren't allowed on any business, then how is this a mandatory gun issue again?

Kennesaw is the wacko town that requires (<< that's requires , as in by law) all heads-of-household to have a gun and ammo, thats how.

Ironic, innit?

Yet having a gun at home will not protect you in a gun free business.

Would somebody like to verify this loose excuse and tell me, besides a police or sheriff's station, WHERE guns are allowed on business property?

Wow, you are one confused puppy!

First, "police or shefiff's stations" are NOT "business property". They are public property, and most often gun free zones.

Further, any property owner, be there a business on that property or not, is free to allow firearms on his property. That's how private property works...

Lastly, this Fedex facility, private property, has always been posted as a 'gun free zone'. So once again, we have a nutcase refusing to obey the rules and a bunch of innocent people unable to defend themselves. How's that working out???

Every time this tired fallacy is trotted out it's the same flaw -- it assumes people are basically evil and that the proverbial 'bad guy with a gun' is an inevitable constant. Not only is that a slavish black/white dichotomy but it's damned defeatist. And again leans right back on the same crutch that the way to control a fire is to douse it with gasoline. Which is absurd.

Isn't mental state the underlying problem in all these tragic shootings and stabbings?

You may have a point but in a free society (or what's supposed to be a free society), it is very difficult to detain or otherwise lock up someone that MAY be mentally unstable. If you try to pass such laws, the ACLU would be ALL over it as a violation of civil liberties. This may be a price we have to pay for freedom...but it nevertheless makes NO sense ensure law abiding citizens are unable to defend themselves against the thugs and crazies out there.

Besides a gun store?

Ironic, innit?

I'm beginning to think that the Rabbit and MartyRerun didn't know that about Kennesaw.

Because clearly they are ignorant when you make stupid arguments.

Ooops....Sorry, 6 injured.

But otherwise so much for Wayne Lapierre's theory about the good guys with guns. Ain't working in his idea of Utopia:

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun

A gunman opened fire Tuesday morning at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Georgia. Six were shot, with their injuries ranging from minor to two in critical condition. Authorities report that the gunman is dead.
The Georgia facility is located in Kennesaw, near Atlanta, a quiet suburb unique in the U.S. for mandating every household own at least one gun. The law is not enforced, so the Kennesaw gun ownership rate hovers around 50 percent, according to its police chief. That’s still higher than the average rate of gun ownership in the U.S., estimated to be about 34 percent. When the law was enacted in 1982, Kennesaw had only 5,000 residents. Today, it has a population of 30,000.""

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun | ThinkProgress

Oh, and the shooter committed suicide. The good guys with guns were REALLY slow on the draw.

If not said already....FedEx facilities are gun free zones. Employees, customers, visitors and vendors are forbidden to bring any firearm on the premises.

Think progress made an ass of you AGAIN.

First, "police or shefiff's stations" are NOT "business property". They are public property, and most often gun free zones.

Further, any property owner, be there a business on that property or not, is free to allow firearms on his property. That's how private property works...

Lastly, this Fedex facility, private property, has always been posted as a 'gun free zone'. So once again, we have a nutcase refusing to obey the rules and a bunch of innocent people unable to defend themselves. How's that working out???

Every time this tired fallacy is trotted out it's the same flaw -- it assumes people are basically evil and that the proverbial 'bad guy with a gun' is an inevitable constant. Not only is that a slavish black/white dichotomy but it's damned defeatist. And again leans right back on the same crutch that the way to control a fire is to douse it with gasoline. Which is absurd.

I make no such assumption. I only point the the ACTUAL RESULTS, which in this case, involves a CLEARLY evil person refusing to obey the rules of a gun free zone and once again, good people left unable to defend themselves. The 'bad guy with a gun' is not a constant, but it is an occasional reality, which this morning proves. Until this is no longer a reality, you tell us how you'll get crazies and other evil fucks to obey the rules.

Hmmm Avatar
and making sure unstable people get help before getting hold of drugs, guns, etc.

Hold right there.

Keep unstable people from getting hold of "drugs, guns etc", right?

What's the problem with drugs? That they can destroy one's body and/or mind, that they can become an addiction, lead to crime etc, right? A menace to the public peace, right?

So why do we glorify drugs and make them a sacrament?

Oh wait, that's right --- we don't.

Now apply the same to the other element.

Bob's your uncle.

Last edited:
Another in a long unbroken string of moronic fail threads by NTPP.

Lol, what a dolt.

Because clearly a shooting at a gun free business shouldn't happen when there is a law that says every person should have a firearm at their house.

I make no such assumption. I only point the the ACTUAL RESULTS, which in this case, involves a CLEARLY evil person refusing to obey the rules of a gun free zone and once again, good people left unable to defend themselves. The 'bad guy with a gun' is not a constant, but it is an occasional reality, which this morning proves. Until this is no longer a reality, you tell us how you'll get crazies and other evil fucks to obey the rules.

You didn't? Then what's the function of the phrase "once again"?

Hmmm Avatar

Hold right there.

What's the problem with drugs? That they can destroy one's body and/or mind, that they can become an addiction, lead to crime etc, right?

Oh wait --- we don't.

Guns are a sacrament now? Why? Because we want to be able to defend ourselves if we find ourselves in the predicament where we have to?

That thugs and crazies do not obey the rules. Pretty clearly, that's the case.

That thugs and crazies do not obey the rules. Pretty clearly, that's the case.

So my analysis was accurate.

Just admit it. Won't kill you.

Hmmm Avatar

Hold right there.

What's the problem with drugs? That they can destroy one's body and/or mind, that they can become an addiction, lead to crime etc, right?

Oh wait --- we don't.

Guns are a sacrament now? Why? Because we want to be able to defend ourselves if we find ourselves in the predicament where we have to?

"Why" is the very question I've been raising since I came to this site (and before). Damned if I know but a culture that worships violence is in no way a healthy one.

Hold right there.

Oh wait --- we don't.

"Why" is the very question I've been raising since I came to this site (and before). Damned if I know but a culture that worships violence is in no way a healthy one.

And yet you're the one asserting that it is. No one else is.

Forum List

Back