Pledge to America--What do you think about it?

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
Of all the cornball antics I have seen, isn't this a repeat of the contract with America of 1994? Something tells me that the Republicans will try ANYTHING to regain power, including risking the temperment of the American people.

I mean--have they forgotten that they already broke their promises. What good is renewing the promise you broke going to do.

I consider this a 3 in terms of political adeptness. Wait--make that a 2, it turns out they did nothing but repeat all the things they said they were going to do over the past 2 years.

The Reps did not have to write that down! They could Youtube it!

I see nothing wrong with it. At some point the Republican party had to stop saying, "but they are worse than we were" and actually put something on the table. This does that. Now the question is can they and will they deliver?

Of all the cornball antics I have seen, isn't this a repeat of the contract with America of 1994? Something tells me that the Republicans will try ANYTHING to regain power, including risking the temperment of the American people.

I mean--have they forgotten that they already broke their promises. What good is renewing the promise you broke going to do.

I consider this a 3 in terms of political adeptness. Wait--make that a 2, it turns out they did nothing but repeat all the things they said they were going to do over the past 2 years.

Damn, I was looking for an intelligent OP about the subject, and all I find is under-misinformed blather.:(

Damn, I was looking for an intelligent OP about the subject, and all I find is under-misinformed blather.:(

Well then--inform us!

Or was this your daily troll post?

Well then--inform us!

Knock yourself out!

http://www.gop.gov/resources/library/documents/solutions/a-pledge-to-america.pdf

Actually harkening back to "Contract With America" isn't a bad ploy:

Contract with America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Implementation of the Contract

The Contract had promised to bring to floor debate and votes 10 bills that would implement major reform of the Federal Government. When the 104th Congress assembled in January 1995, the Republican majority sought to implement the Contract.

In some cases (e.g. The National Security Restoration Act and The Personal Responsibility Act), the proposed bills were accomplished by a single act analogous to that which had been proposed in the Contract; in other cases (e.g. The Job Creation and Wage Enhancement Act), a proposed bill's provisions were split up across multiple acts. Most of the bills died in the Senate, except as noted below.

its a good start.

Could anyone tell me what the Democrats are proposing to do if we rehire them?

The only thing I see bad about it. Is it does not go far enough, and does not seem to really hold anyone's feet to the fire about actually doing what they say in it.

The contract had over 300 candidates sign it, and spelled out specific Bills they would vote on in the first 100 Days of office. This seems like meaningless words to me.

Not impressed.

I want action not words.

Well then--inform us!

Ok, I hope this will help the thread take off:

While short on specifics, the plan calls for $100 billion in savings per year by scaling back federal spending to 2008 levels -- with exceptions for the elderly and U.S. troops -- and ending government control of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

I like finally ending "govt control" over Fannie and Freddy. Never should have been in the business to begin with.

But $100 B savings per year is the type of ludicrous drop in the bucket "solution" that has made Repub-Lite famous for being a bunch of losers since 2006.

The only thing I see bad about it. Is it does not go far enough, and does not seem to really hold anyone's feet to the fire about actually doing what they say in it.

The contract had over 300 candidates sign it, and spelled out specific Bills they would vote on in the first 100 Days of office. This seems like meaningless words to me.

Not impressed.

I want action not words.

Welllll, they have to get elected first in order to take action.

Well then--inform us!

While short on specifics, the plan calls for $100 billion in savings per year by scaling back federal spending to 2008 levels -- with exceptions for the elderly and U.S. troops -- and ending government control of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

I like finally ending "govt control" over Fannie and Freddy. Never should have been in the business to begin with.

But $100 B savings per year is the type of ludicrous drop in the bucket "solution" that has made Repub-Lite famous for being a bunch of losers since 2006.

I'll agree with that. I'm hoping that the tea party folks push them further. We KNOW that the entrenched GOP is just as you said, "Dem light."

If you recognize that it is a ploy, does that suggest they are not serious?

Well--the Republican establishment are not serious, the Tea party pretty much lived on "conservative bread to conservative butter" the past 2 years. They do not need a list of statements since they have bleed their beliefs.

Well--the Republican establishment are not serious, the Tea party pretty much lived on "conservative bread to conservative butter" the past 2 years. They do not need a list of statements since they have bleed their beliefs.

and you think that the race card isn't a ploy? Get real.

It's bullshit. The Republicans have already said they would return to Bush's policies if they gain power. AND, they will shut down government with a rash of Congressional 'investigations' The Republicans have done NOTHING that deserves reinforcement from the voters. ALL they have done is try to obstruct any bills that would help America because it would interfere with their mission to destroy President Obama, and if America is destroyed with him, then so what.

They should NOT even be allowed inside the beltway city limits...they are nothing but traitors.

Who said anything about the race card?

What I am noting is that this attempt only make the Republican party/ sans the Tea party, look like abunch of phonies!

Who said anything about the race card?

What I am noting is that this attempt only make the Republican party/ sans the Tea party, look like abunch of phonies!
and in the process expose yourself and the Democrats to the same.

Well then--inform us!

I'll agree with that. I'm hoping that the tea party folks push them further. We KNOW that the entrenched GOP is just as you said, "Dem light."

Yep:

Although $100 billion is a lot of money, it’s puny in comparison to the nearly $4 trillion the government will spend next year. As the Washington Times notes, Boehner’s proposal ignores the biggest items in the federal budget:

"Still, Mr. Boehner would leave a lot of spending - entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare, as well as defense, homeland security and veterans funding - untouched, which means Congress would have the near-impossible task of squeezing $100 billion in savings out of the rest of the budget."

Boehner and his GOP cronies need to go.

Anyone noticing that nothing about diversity is included in the new Republican Election Pamphlet: Can even look a the pictures.

The outsourced, green, old Statue of Liberty landmark: Even invokes the appeal of their program to the Martians.

There is the picture of the rock pile at the bottom of Mt. Rushmore. "Cry Freedom!" They seem to want their base to notice that a black prison inmate is in ther, too!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Rocks Available for Governor Bobby, "High Tech," Jindal maybe: To help out things in Louisiana. There are even now beaches again, along the coast!)

Anyone noticing that nothing about diversity is included in the new Republican Election Pamphlet: Can even look a the pictures.

The outsourced, green, old Statue of Liberty landmark: Even invokes the appeal of their program to the Martians.

There is the picture of the rock pile at the bottom of Mt. Rushmore. "Cry Freedom!" They seem to want their base to notice that a black prison inmate is in ther, too!

(Rocks Available for Governor Bobby, "High Tech," Jindal maybe: To help out things in Louisiana. There are even now beaches again, along the coast!)

Yeah, with 10%+ unemployment, I think the'll let the Dems steal away the "diversity" issues.:eek:

Next up: Repubs Omit Endangered Snails from The Contract With America!!!

:rolleyes:

Seriously...??????? Is it heroin that causes this?

Forum List

Back