Pledge to America--What do you think about it?

Pledge to America, my ass. Bunch of losers. You would think that we would learn, but, no, our political ass in the GOP continues to be reamed by Big Business. Republicans, the rest of America will not follow this: it goes back to the old Bush policies.

If you think the stuff they spelled out in this Pledge are even close to how Bush governed. You have serious issues.

What spending did Bush cut?
Did Bush secure our border?

About the only thing they have in common is Tax cuts.

The ploy of claiming all republicans are and will govern as Bush. Is falling on deaf ears people. Were not buying it. The tea Party is about removing people like Bush who only paid lip service to Ideas like limited Government and controlling spending. While they acted in the opposite way.

Bush was an impostor. He was only conservative on social issues. He spending policies were clearly liberal. The disaster of bush comes from trying to couple the idea of Low Taxes, with the Idea of SPENDING TO DAMN MUCH.

You're on the money, I hate so say it but you are wasting your time.

They accused the rep.s of being the party of no( they had all the power they didn't need them as we saw in some specific examples) , they don't even have any power yet and it sux, its this its that, I will wager not 1 in 10 even read it, abc nbc cbs mslsd all say its sux and its BOOOOSH, so there it is.

The economy is in the tank , we spend 10 cents of every dime we take in just to pay interest on our debt., not principal mind you and nope don't cut spending, don't do the only thing that will provide the impetus to put people to work as in cutting taxes, nope, they gotta hold on to obama for all its worth because its all they got. They want the middle class to spend well, they cannot spend what they are not earning. That ship has sailed.

its the classic example of what a person whom becomes beserk is; someone who redoubles their effort and doesn't even know what they are fighting for anymore, they are just flailing around.

TARP. That came from the Republicans.

TARP was bipartisan and supported by more Democrats than Republicans.

The first Stimulus Bill, once again - Republican.

Only three Republicans voted for the stimulus bill and one of them has since changed parties.

Keep up the lies. Your party got into power by lying to the people and lying some more is about the only chance they have in keeping it.

Wait all you want. I have to get out now and work harder to keep our seat in this district. People here are truly suffering, they aren't happy with the Dems, but they have seen nothing from the GOP to reassure them that the party is not going to make them scream even worse.

Only three Republicans voted for the stimulus bill and one of them has since changed parties.

Keep up the lies. Your party got into power by lying to the people and lying some more is about the only chance they have in keeping it.

The TARP was Bush's and his administration, and the Democrats supported it. You know better than to spin that kind of nonsense here.

The TARP was Bush's and his administration, and the Democrats supported it. You know better than to spin that kind of nonsense here.

TARP was bipartisan and supported by more Democrats than Republicans. You know better than to spin your kind of nonsense here.

Prove him wrong then....

Sen. Bob Bennett

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison

GONE

Last edited:
i thinks it rather weak and nothing compared to the 94 pledge

then again, as i understand it, they didn't follow through on the 94 pledge...i was in highschool then, so i don't remember

but fairly weak and lots of wiggle room

TARP was bipartisan and supported by more Democrats than Republicans. You know better than to spin your kind of nonsense here.

are you serious? jake doesn't know any better...because he trolls

truth is like fiction to him

I invite all to read here, and we clearly see that Mr. Bro is spinning like a top.

I invite all to read here, and we clearly see that Mr. Bro is spinning like a top.

wow....great debate you two...

copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste

Of all the cornball antics I have seen, isn't this a repeat of the contract with America of 1994? Something tells me that the Republicans will try ANYTHING to regain power, including risking the temperment of the American people.

I mean--have they forgotten that they already broke their promises. What good is renewing the promise you broke going to do.

I consider this a 3 in terms of political adeptness. Wait--make that a 2, it turns out they did nothing but repeat all the things they said they were going to do over the past 2 years.

The Reps did not have to write that down! They could Youtube it!

Damn, I was looking for an intelligent OP about the subject, and all I find is under-misinformed blather.:(

exactly.

Del already killed two threads on this topic that were both a step or two above this one.

The bottom line is that this pledge was fully expected and predicted.

What is new is the obvious attempts to coopt the tea party enthusiasm.

What isn't obvious is specifics, real commitments and real commitment.

In short this is probably just a shallow ploy devoid of real intention to perform.

Fuck the GOP and may the tea party continue to savage their candidates!

i thinks it rather weak and nothing compared to the 94 pledge

then again, as i understand it, they didn't follow through on the 94 pledge...i was in highschool then, so i don't remember

but fairly weak and lots of wiggle room

They followed thru on some of it, Yurt, but not much of it:

On the first day of their majority in the House, the Republicans promised to pass eight major reforms:

1. require all laws that apply to the rest of the country also apply to Congress;
2. select a major, independent auditing firm to conduct a comprehensive audit of Congress for waste, fraud or abuse;
3. cut the number of House committees, and cut committee staff by one-third;
4. limit the terms of all committee chairs;
5. ban the casting of proxy votes in committee;
6. require committee meetings to be open to the public;
7. require a three-fifths majority vote to pass a tax increase;
8. guarantee an honest accounting of the Federal Budget by implementing zero base-line budgeting.

[edit] Major Policy Changes

Thereafter, during the 1st one hundred days of the 104th Congress, the Republicans pledged "to bring to the floor the following [ten] bills, each to be given a full and open debate, each to be given a clear and fair vote, and each to be immediately available for public inspection." The text of the proposed bills was included in the Contract, which was released prior to the election. These bills were not governmental operational reforms, as the previous promises were; rather, they represented significant changes to policy. The main included a balanced budget requirement, tax cuts for small businesses, families and seniors, term limits for legislators, social security reform, tort reform, and welfare reform.

At least the 94 contract was a platform of commitments.

Not so with the pledge.

The pledge to America is simply empty words. The GOP is trying to capture populist momentum but in the end they'll just be the same war mongering, Israel loving, corporate shills they've always been. Almost complete human excrement from top to bottom.

Forum List

Back