Please will someone who opposes the building of the "Wall" on the southern border explain why?

Same bullshit, different century.

Some anti-European immigrant cartoons from over a century ago:

The sign reads: Imported, Duty Free, by Trust, Monopoly & Co. to compete with American Labor.

zin11f.jpg

The caption reads: Results of Encouraging Emigration. Paupers, Vagabonds, Murderers and other of the European and Asiatic Scum Refused Admission Elsewhere, Are Readily Landed Here."

2iig29u.jpg

"Results of Encouraging Emigration". Exactly the same rhetoric we hear today!

Here is some anti-Italian immigrant propaganda. Note "The Way to Dispose of Them".

2jaybzc.jpg

Here is an anti-Irish immigrant cartoon.

2zyy1dz.jpg
Didn't I read that a lot of the objection to these immigrants at the time was cyclical economic recessions? Americans were competing for jobs? So why, with our economy the best in history (according to Trump) are people today so frickin bent out of shape about brown people? I don't get it.

Well probably because
A) the above illustrations came when the country was growing both economically and demographically.
B) Also at that time we didn't spend $135 billion a year on "illegal immigrants' well being!

Makes a big difference I would think but again people commenting without any rational factual arguments such as you have done is the biggest problem.
Maybe you should provide statistics that back up your claims???
Which claims were those?

"people today so frickin bent out of shape about brown people?"
Where is your PROOF people are bent out of shape about the color of peoples' skin?

:21::21::21::21::21:

(a) based on bullshit (most illegal immigration results from overstayed visas, not "border jumping";

You make a good point.

No more visas. That's what Mexico does. Do it back. Fuck them.

(a2) based on bullshit again as illegal immigration is already curtailed;
I agree. Keep doing what we are doing now, and there is no need for a wall.

(b) thus feeds Ignorance, which should never under any circumstances be encouraged;
(b1) also feeds bigotry, imagining a "them" (Mexicans, Muslims, Irish, Chinese, Blacks, Jews, Catholics, etc etc);
I agree on ignorance. Slowing immigration does not bread hatred or bigotry.

(c) isolationism doesn't fix anything, it's a band-aid that addresses only symptoms even if they were real;
It is not isolationism to demand a higher level of immigrant. We already have enough useless people here. There's no need to import more, unless you're a huge democrat who is trying to shift the voter base in your favor at the expense of all constituents and the economy.

(d) what's next, a ceiling? a national sensory deprivation tank?
What?

(e) costs 25 billion dollars PLUS upkeep; thousand-mile-plus
That would actually cost less than the trash we keep out. But, I agree that if we continue to enforce the laws and crack down on businesses with criminal sanctions, the problem will fix itself. Suck for the democrats who will now be forced to rely on the necro-vote to survive.

(f) you can't build a wall in a river;
That's a ridiculous statement.

(g) you also can't build on private property
This demonstrates your ignorance. The border is U.S. property, not owned privately. That is the biggest lie the anti-wall people have attempted to sell. Congress passed a bill in 2006 that already exercises eminent domain of border property. There are still a few cases open, but otherwise, most border property has already been taken and owners compensated.

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".
I shouted at the TV "Ask why are the Democrats against the wall"?

What are the reasons for Democrats opposing the building of the wall?
Americans Oppose Border Walls, Favor Dealing With DACA
GOP 73% favor expanding the wall while 87% of Democrats don't favor.
WHY are Democrats against improving the security of the country?

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
the law in the first place?
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407

Not a Democrat, I think:
1. It's unnecessary
2. It's a waste of money

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407

Simple .

1- it’s super expensive . You don’t just build it and be done . You have to maintain and monitor the wall. It’s not 50 miles , is like 1400 miles.

2- it will mess with the environment and land owners . Farms ranches etc..

3. Only 1/2 of the illegals in this country come from crossing the border illegals . A wall does nothing about the other 1/2.

4. A wall isn’t foolproof . We have walls in areas now . People still get by .

You’d better off building more immigration courts and centers to process people .
Exactly. It's a futile endeavor that will cost billions and won't fix a damn thing. It's a nightmare for the people who actually own the land there now.

Illegals will still find a way over under or around it because the JOBS are still going to be waiting for them.

But ya know what?

Build the fucking thing.

Blow the money and shut the fuck up.

Why?

We have better uses for our money than building a useless wall......education, infrastructure, healthcare

(a) based on bullshit (most illegal immigration results from overstayed visas, not "border jumping";

You make a good point.

No more visas. That's what Mexico does. Do it back. Fuck them.

(a2) based on bullshit again as illegal immigration is already curtailed;
I agree. Keep doing what we are doing now, and there is no need for a wall.

(b) thus feeds Ignorance, which should never under any circumstances be encouraged;
(b1) also feeds bigotry, imagining a "them" (Mexicans, Muslims, Irish, Chinese, Blacks, Jews, Catholics, etc etc);
I agree on ignorance. Slowing immigration does not bread hatred or bigotry.

(c) isolationism doesn't fix anything, it's a band-aid that addresses only symptoms even if they were real;
It is not isolationism to demand a higher level of immigrant. We already have enough useless people here. There's no need to import more, unless you're a huge democrat who is trying to shift the voter base in your favor at the expense of all constituents and the economy.

(d) what's next, a ceiling? a national sensory deprivation tank?
What?

(e) costs 25 billion dollars PLUS upkeep; thousand-mile-plus
That would actually cost less than the trash we keep out. But, I agree that if we continue to enforce the laws and crack down on businesses with criminal sanctions, the problem will fix itself. Suck for the democrats who will now be forced to rely on the necro-vote to survive.

(f) you can't build a wall in a river;
That's a ridiculous statement.

(g) you also can't build on private property
This demonstrates your ignorance. The border is U.S. property, not owned privately. That is the biggest lie the anti-wall people have attempted to sell. Congress passed a bill in 2006 that already exercises eminent domain of border property. There are still a few cases open, but otherwise, most border property has already been taken and owners compensated.

b1: Bigotry is BASED ON ignorance. Always targets somebody the bigot doesn't know. That's why they're "different". There's no such thing as an "understanding bigot". That's an oxymoron.

c: "Isolationism" meaning "if we just build a wall to keep this "thing" away (whatever it is), everything will be fine". Ebola outbreak? Build a wall and hunker down. Neighborhood on fire? Build a wall and hunker down. That's running away from the issue, not addressing it.

d: What, "what"? If you're going to cocoon yourself inside a wall, presumably you're also going to cocoon yourself under a ceiling, and over a floor, and seal the windows and rock in a fetal position, cooing the soft lullabye of "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!".

f: Is it. What do you have SCUBA bricklayers? Ever heard of the Rio Grande? That's Spanish yanno. Means "Bigly River".

g: Glad to see you first dispute my statement and then proceed to disprove your own disputation. Makes it easy on this end.

Prosecute employers of illegals and we won’t need a wall

Why?

We have better uses for our money than building a useless wall......education, infrastructure, healthcare

I understand our airports are in shambles. Or "a disgrace" or something. Allegedly "they're laughing at" them. I don't remember exactly what the phrase was, I just remember it was like an insecure seven-year-old's mentality.

Also as far as infrastructure we need to repair the rooftops that "thousands and thousands" were dancing on.

View attachment 218407

Democratic Voters realize that building an overpriced boondoggle of wall on the south border will do nothing to improve security.

Why?

I understand our airports are in shambles.
So are our ports, railways, communications, water systems and power grid

But Republicans would rather build a wall to keep out Brown People

--- So that they can't use those laughingstock shithole ports, railways, airports, roads etc that are crumbling to pieces. It's all for their safety. :eusa_angel:

I think its needless.
If we took away incentive, we wouldnt have to do shit. Those assholes would leave when they are dumb, sick, living in the streets and cant afford a piece of bread.
But i like to actually solve problems. Band aids are for the birds.
THEN AGAIN, I dont trust our congress critters.
So i am a bit torn about it actually getting done because i dont trust them to do their jobs.
THATS how low my standards are with these fucks!

" Dumb sick, living in the streets"
Talking about whire boy Mississippians?
No you jerk. I am talking about taking incentive away. No free schooling no free healthcare and no jobs.

Why?

I understand our airports are in shambles.
So are our ports, railways, communications, water systems and power grid

But Republicans would rather build a wall to keep out Brown People

--- So that they can't use those laughingstock shithole ports, railways, airports, roads etc that are crumbling to pieces. It's all for their safety. :eusa_angel:
Republicans never have money for schools, infrastructure or healthcare

But they always find the money for wars, prisons and border walls

Last edited:
Other countries are now waking up and stopping immigrants/refugees from entering. Maybe because of the scum that is entering. Can't support themselves, won't work, want free shit, disrespect the citizens, etc etc etc.
So why is it so damn awful the USA wants people who CAN work, WILL work, HAVE enough funds to support themselves and respect the country they so badly want to belong to???

Answer that.
We should be shouldering our part of the responsibility for helping out the destitute with nowhere to live and nowhere to go. YOU got help when you were homeless. Do you work? Did you take some free shit to get by? Why is it too much to extend that temporary help to others who are in far worse shape than you were? Their homes, their very countries, are wrecked. I know we didn't put these people in this predicament, but neither did any other country hosting them. When there is a huge disaster, don't we all pitch in? This is such a time.
I see. So..the destitute like these guys, eh?

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Somalis Riot at Minnesota Amusement Park, Forcing Evacuation - Big League Politics

I personally don't think we need a wall.

All we need to do is erect a giant likeness of Gracie's avatar on the border. That'll keep everybody out, even tourists.

I thought it was finished!
It's looking pretty good too.
I don't know who built it but it's obvious that no one builds big beautiful walls like him.

TrumpWall6.jpg

"Wall" is both symbolic and objective. We'll build walls where it suits the area. Other areas will be monitored. At least that's how it should be.

Fuck illegals, they don't belong here. We Americans should not allow our methods, language and such to be compromised on our dime. Chaos, over-population, driving wages down and housing up, much higher taxes on those who actually pay taxes, and a disrupted education system.

Show me a progressive and I'll give you someone who bites the hand that feeds them. Progressives are the most like to complain about wages and costs, all while they advocate for open borders.

Last edited:
NO BORDERS! NO WALL! SANCTUARY FOR ALL!

ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE! ABOLISH ICE!

View attachment 218407

The problem is that after you build the wall that 12.5 million illegal aliens will still be here and we will still be spending all that money, plus the money for the wall.
We do not need a wall that will just waste more of our money we do not have. We have a military, let them defend this country for a change.

This is why I am against the wall...

upload_2018-9-25_19-50-24.png

Forum List

Back