Please talk me down out of the crazy tree on this, BUT...

It was due to not thinking through the process and the inert material became a booster to the yield and fallout. If you explode a nuclear device in the middle of a bunch of fuels rods what do you think is going to happen when the neutrons from the device start colliding with the atoms in the nuclear material!
There is no comparison. There's also, NO precident for answering. It's a variable, a scary one I agree.

My point is that a nuclear solution is not viable and therefore is mute.
Is moot. Right.

Most parlor-type mental exercises are.

Fortunately the experts will handle it as BP did and we can move on to the next crisis that goes viral. May as well speculate. What the hell?

Actually I have been thinking the same thing. The Japanese nukular experts are performing just like the BP engineers. Absolutely everything that could go wrong went wrong in the maconda incident. It was like a tragic comedy that never ends.

But BP nailed the cleanup like world champions of cleanup. Almost as soon as the spill was finally sealed the whole gulf was clean. BP scored a perfect 10 on cleanup after scoring a perfect zero on everything else.

We can only hope the Japanese engineers perform as well in overtime.

I'm not.... I'm just wondering which would be worse. The potential here is extreme if it continues to deteriorate.

Like I said, IMO it would spread a whole whole whole lot more radioactive material over a larger area. But unfortunately it wouldn't spread it out enough to make it non-harmful to humans. It wouldn't be a large enough explosion to get it high enough in the atmosphere in order to do that, like our other tests did.

How about a nuke with a shaped charge full of anti-matter ? :eusa_eh:
How about.... A quantum Torpedo!

newrims.jpg

I thought the unthinkable earlier today, and thinking on it some more, It's starting to sound like a possible viable solution to the Japan meltdown problem, but it's so horrible to contemplate it's, well, unthinkable, like I said.

And of course there is NO way it would even, ever be considered, probably never brought up either, even in whispers. BUT... The idea is:

Clearing every living thing out of the area for at least 100 mile radius... Making sure that is so.... Then.... With their cooperation and permission...

Using a tactical nuclear weapon to vaporize the reactor site. Nuking Japan, again. It's almost too horrible to contemplate.

BUT, everything on the site would be vaporized and just, gone. The fallout wouldn't be much worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which were FAR less dangerous than this nuclear power site is and has potential to be.

We would launch from a submarine, when all conditions are right. Strong wind out of the Southwest, Jet Stream in right position, evacuations confirmed.

Between us and the Soviets and China, hundreds of nukes and H-bombs have been detonated in atmosphere. Dozens more, in the ocean and under ground. We're all still here. Virtually NO harmful effect. Certainly not anything like the harm this plant can possibly do.

Again, please talk me out of this?

are you this stupid in real life? really?

everything would be vaporized and just gone? :lol:

we'll add physics to the list.

*vaporized and just, poof, gone*

thanks for the laugh :thup:

But BP nailed the cleanup like world champions of cleanup. Almost as soon as the spill was finally sealed the whole gulf was clean. BP scored a perfect 10 on cleanup after scoring a perfect zero on everything else.
That's.... Not what scientists have been saying.

I'm not.... I'm just wondering which would be worse. The potential here is extreme if it continues to deteriorate.

Like I said, IMO it would spread a whole whole whole lot more radioactive material over a larger area. But unfortunately it wouldn't spread it out enough to make it non-harmful to humans. It wouldn't be a large enough explosion to get it high enough in the atmosphere in order to do that, like our other tests did.
Four Chernobyl's possible in Japan. Who can predict?

NO radiation ever came to our shores, over nuclear detonations in atmosphere. Radiation DID come to our shores, from Chernobyl.

Thats exactly my point.

A tactical nuke explosion wouldn't get it high enough to dissipate it enough. It would just help it spread a higher concentration of it faster.

I thought the unthinkable earlier today, and thinking on it some more, It's starting to sound like a possible viable solution to the Japan meltdown problem, but it's so horrible to contemplate it's, well, unthinkable, like I said.

And of course there is NO way it would even, ever be considered, probably never brought up either, even in whispers. BUT... The idea is:

Clearing every living thing out of the area for at least 100 mile radius... Making sure that is so.... Then.... With their cooperation and permission...

Using a tactical nuclear weapon to vaporize the reactor site. Nuking Japan, again. It's almost too horrible to contemplate.

BUT, everything on the site would be vaporized and just, gone. The fallout wouldn't be much worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which were FAR less dangerous than this nuclear power site is and has potential to be.

We would launch from a submarine, when all conditions are right. Strong wind out of the Southwest, Jet Stream in right position, evacuations confirmed.

Between us and the Soviets and China, hundreds of nukes and H-bombs have been detonated in atmosphere. Dozens more, in the ocean and under ground. We're all still here. Virtually NO harmful effect. Certainly not anything like the harm this plant can possibly do.

Again, please talk me out of this?

are you this stupid in real life? really?

everything would be vaporized and just gone? :lol:

we'll add physics to the list.

*vaporized and just, poof, gone*

thanks for the laugh :thup:
Gone from that site and carried off.

Residual radiation at Hiroshima and Nagasaki sites were nothing compared to what was carried off.

I don't take it seriously, read the thread title again.

It's just a exercise. Mental gymnastics.

...for the mentally disabled

oh Cmon---think outside of the box----like Superman inhaling all of it and blowing it into the next galaxy.

i lke the idea of superman spinning the earth so fast that it just goes off into outer space.

of course, we'd all have to wear our supergravity shoes so we wouldn't get thrown off, too.

whaddaya think?

Not enough dilithium crystals to make that possible.

Context is key. I was NOT using the "primary definition" of atomize, in context. You got your ass handed to you, go put some salve on the lesions.

I was using the primary definitions.

You on the other hand are just a tard.

But I do get that you have irrational fascinations with men's asses.

crapola-----I always forget about the damn dilithium crystals. I guess it's back to my superman plan. :hmpf:

That's.... Not what scientists have been saying.

You have no idea what scientists are saying, you don't even accept the primary definitions of words.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

what if we shove a wiener in the warp drive?

...for the mentally disabled

oh Cmon---think outside of the box----like Superman inhaling all of it and blowing it into the next galaxy.

i lke the idea of superman spinning the earth so fast that it just goes off into outer space.

of course, we'd all have to wear our supergravity shoes so we wouldn't get thrown off, too.

whaddaya think?

NIKE could whip em out pro bono I bet !! :clap2:

Four Chernobyl's possible in Japan. Who can predict?

NO radiation ever came to our shores, over nuclear detonations in atmosphere. Radiation DID come to our shores, from Chernobyl.

Thats exactly my point.

A tactical nuke explosion wouldn't get it high enough to dissipate it enough. It would just help it spread a higher concentration of it faster.
Explosions would be about equal in height to Hiroshima and Nagasaki... 40,000 feet high or so. Radius of total destruction on these was approximately 1 square mile, with resulting fires equaling another 5 square miles.

Most of the really bad actors were carried away from the sites.

explosions also cause fires, you are looking increasingly like the world's most narcissistic moron.
You being butthurt does not alter the state of anyone else, except in your deluded mind.

You got your ass handed to you, now slink off and sulk for the half life of plutonium.
Yeah, you're the one who regularly claims "victory" no matter the score. It's what little dope smoking clods do while on the computer in their mom's basement, even when they get wiped out in their video games.

Forum List

Back