Please talk me down out of the crazy tree on this, BUT...

oh Cmon---think outside of the box----like Superman inhaling all of it and blowing it into the next galaxy.

i lke the idea of superman spinning the earth so fast that it just goes off into outer space.

of course, we'd all have to wear our supergravity shoes so we wouldn't get thrown off, too.

whaddaya think?

NIKE could whip em out pro bono I bet !! :clap2:

i say just do it.

We know from testing and using nukes in war time, the fallout is predictable, goes with the wind.

and everybody knows that wind is 100% predictable.....
Who said it was?

YOU DID!

But it's alot more predictable than a Chernobyl-type episode with four reactors.

which was also spread by wind.

I get it now, you are a masochist whose dearest wish is to expose himself as the world's most accomplished idiot. That makes you a flasher to boot. Dick.

You being butthurt does not alter the state of anyone else, except in your deluded mind.

You got your ass handed to you, now slink off and sulk for the half life of plutonium.
Yeah, you're the one who regularly claims "victory" no matter the score. It's what little dope smoking clods do while on the computer in their mom's basement, even when they get wiped out in their video games.

tissue?

But BP nailed the cleanup like world champions of cleanup. Almost as soon as the spill was finally sealed the whole gulf was clean. BP scored a perfect 10 on cleanup after scoring a perfect zero on everything else.
That's.... Not what scientists have been saying.

You have no idea what scientists are saying
Thread after thread on it here on the boards, scientists are saying the Gulf spill cleanup is NOT very good. Educate yourself.
, you don't even accept the primary definitions of words.
I accept definitions of words, IN CONTEXT. They have different definitions, BECAUSE OF THE EXISTENCE OF CONTEXT. Idiot.:cuckoo:

Four Chernobyl's possible in Japan. Who can predict?

NO radiation ever came to our shores, over nuclear detonations in atmosphere. Radiation DID come to our shores, from Chernobyl.

Thats exactly my point.

A tactical nuke explosion wouldn't get it high enough to dissipate it enough. It would just help it spread a higher concentration of it faster.
Explosions would be about equal in height to Hiroshima and Nagasaki... 40,000 feet high or so. Radius of total destruction on these was approximately 1 square mile, with resulting fires equaling another 5 square miles.

Most of the really bad actors were carried away from the sites.

Explosion would be about that big.

With a shit-tonne more of fissile material though. So you're talking about creating a super-concentrated radioactive cloud that is only ~40,000 feet up and floating around. It wouldn't have a chance to dissipate enough before it actually hit a populated area at some point...even hundreds of miles away. Like Chernobyl did.

Thats exactly my point.

A tactical nuke explosion wouldn't get it high enough to dissipate it enough. It would just help it spread a higher concentration of it faster.
Explosions would be about equal in height to Hiroshima and Nagasaki... 40,000 feet high or so. Radius of total destruction on these was approximately 1 square mile, with resulting fires equaling another 5 square miles.

With a shit-tonne more of fissile material though. So you're talking about creating a super-concentrated radioactive cloud that is only ~40,000 feet up and floating around. It wouldn't have a chance to dissipate enough before it actually hit a populated area at some point...even hundreds of miles away. Like Chernobyl did.

We could use giant nuclear powered fans to keep it hovering in one place.

Thats exactly my point.

Hopefully just thousands of miles away in open water.

Toldja I was up in the crazy tree!

I say we get some whores from this board to blow it.

yeah, it's not like we use the ocean

This does not sound like all the radiation was just wafted up and away.
The Hiroshima Bomb

As shown in the following table, initial radiation was heaviest within two kilometers of the hypocenter. A dose of 4.5 gray is said to be the level at which half of the exposed die. Thus, initial radiation may have been the primary cause of death for at least half of those exposed outdoors within one kilometer of the hypocenter.
There were two types of residual radiation. Induced radiation resulted from the interaction of initial radiation neutrons with material in the ground and buildings. Fallout ("ashes of death") derived from fission fragments produced when the uranium atoms were split. Levels of induced radiation remained high within one kilometer of the hypocenter for approximately 100 hours after the explosion. Radiation from fallout and fission fragments was weaker but lasted longer. Furthermore, large amounts of radioactive material fell with the black rain.

Note where it states that the interaction of the neutrons with previously stable atoms in the materials on the ground created unstable, radioactive, isotopes where there were previously none. Now imagine what these same neutrons would do to six cores containing all kinds of already radioactive isotopes.

Also note the referance to the 'black rain'. What goes up, comes down somewhere, it is not just 'disappeared'. Vaporized only means split into much smaller particles.

Yeah, hoping it stays away from populated areas for the weeks it would take to dissipate enough is the crazy part.

I say we get some whores from this board to blow it.

If they choose to make it a permanent wasteland just think of all the plastic we could dump there.
Rap CDs too !

Yeah, hoping it stays away from populated areas for the weeks it would take to dissipate enough is the crazy part.
Realizing the potential for 44 million irradiated people makes one crazy!

Not enough dilithium crystals to make that possible.

crapola-----I always forget about the damn dilithium crystals. I guess it's back to my superman plan. :hmpf:

Superman is busy with Lex.

Better get the Bat signal ready.

batsignal.jpg

yeah, it's not like we use the ocean
Yeah, we stopped using it after all of the atmospheric nuclear tests and wartime detonations, and all of the underwater tests.

What would the bias of the site have to do with the destabalization of stable atoms by the neutron blast of a fission bomb? Or with the black rain?

Damage of Radiation

From around 9 a.m. black rain covered a wide area from the hypocenter to the north-west. It rained heavily for one hour or more in some areas. Since the rain contained a lot of black soot which was produced by the terrific sea of fire, it was called "black rain", oily and sticky. Furthermore, it contained radioactive elements produced by the fission of uranium. Exposed to the rain, many people developed symptoms of the atomic bomb diseases and died.

Forum List

Back