Please listen to Champ Bailey, Charles Barkley

Last night was the NFL Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. This is the pinnacle of the sport. It is the highest achievement they can get.

Champ Bailey, one of the greatest corners to ever play was one of the inductees The first 30 minutes of his speech was the standard hall of fame speech, where he thankedceverybody that helped him along the way, once again proving that no one individual or group has done anything alone.

But it was the last minute or 2 that made this speech as legendary as the player himself.

“Tonight, I thanked many people who supported my career and many of you are my closest friends,” Bailey said. “Some of you are also considered experts of the game as much as I am. Out of the people I mentioned tonight, most of you are black men. My brothers. Some of you are athletes and some of you are non-athletes, but we are all black men first. It’s something we have more expertise in than any aspect of our lives. I’m a firm believer that if you want to create change, you better start with your friends and your family. So I’m starting here today.

“The first thing people see when they look at me is not a Pro Football Hall of Famer or a husband or a father. They view me first as a black man. So, on behalf of all the black men that I mentioned tonight, and many more out there who’ve had the same experiences that I’ve had in my lifetime, we say this to all of our white friends: When we tell you about our fears, please listen. When we tell you we’re afraid for our kids, please listen. When we tell you there are many challenges we face because of the color of our skin, please listen. And please don’t get caught up in how the message is delivered. Yes, most of us are athletes, but we are black men first. Understand this. Things that make us great on the field, like our size and our aggression, are the same things that can get us killed off the field.

“I believe if we start listening, there’s no telling the progress we can make. All of us are dads, sons, brothers, your friends. We all understand that if we can’t get our friends to listen, then no one will. And to my black brothers, if you do not have anything positive to say about our social challenges, please keep your mouth shut.”

Champ Bailey closes Hall of Fame speech with strong statement on race relations

Please listen to Bailey, Charles Barkley.
Oh, SHIT!!
:laugh:
:beer:

Now every white dude who got this message TO LISTEN, please raise your hands.

:desk:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
""...Understand this. Things that make us great on the field, like our size and our aggression, are the same things that can get us killed off the field.""

That's about Right.
Higher Testosterone (better physiques and more Aggression), along with lower IQ are what gets black people killed. Not that there isn't any Racism as well in ie, many of the unnecessary murders by police.

`

""...Understand this. Things that make us great on the field, like our size and our aggression, are the same things that can get us killed off the field.""

That's about Right.
Higher Testosterone (better physiques and more Aggression), along with lower IQ are what gets black people killed. Not that there isn't any Racism as well in ie, many of the unnecessary murders by police.

`

What a profoundly stupid thing to say

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Very Hoptepish---if you are not black and a man who agrees with me, you are wrong!!!!

White conservatives tell white liberals that all the time. STFU.

Sure they do but in this case, it is clearly Misogyny. Not sure why so many black men have contempt for women but they do.

There is no misogyny here by me. You racists are truly some dumb people .
Why is he racist? And why is he dumb?
Read his post.
You can't tell me? You seem very unsure of your answer.

White conservatives tell white liberals that all the time. STFU.

Sure they do but in this case, it is clearly Misogyny. Not sure why so many black men have contempt for women but they do.

Read his post.
I told you. Read his post.

Read his post.
Can't find it and I have other people to acknowledge. Don't worry about it.

No, Champ was right. All blacks have faced racism. Look, if you aren't black, shut the fuck up and listen because I am.

Vast majority of most crimes are committed by a person of the same race as the victim, Bureau of Justice Statistics reports.

The Justice Department’s statistics-crunching arm just blew up a whole stack of white-supremacist myths about the nature of interracial crime and violence committed by minorities.

In a report released Thursday titled Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-2015, the DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics found that a majority of most violent crimes are committed by people who are the same race as their victims. Indeed, the rate of white-on-white violent crime, it found, is about four times the rate of black-on-white crime.

White supremacists frequently like to manipulate crime statistics in order to claim that nonwhite minorities, particularly African-Americans, are far more crime-prone and the source of most violent crime against whites. Indeed, it is a core belief that this is the case, and many white nationalist ideologues — including politician and pundit Patrick Buchanan, Jared Taylor of American Renaissance, and the Council of Conservative Citizens — all have made considerable hay out of proffering “studies” laden with risibly bad statistics and other evidence to make their case.

The BJS study demonstrates plainly that this is simply not the case. Some 57 percent of crimes involving white victims were committed by white perpetrators, while only 15 percent were committed by blacks, and 11 percent by Hispanics. Black crime victims fell along similar racial lines, with 63 percent of the crimes committed by black perpetrators, while 11 percent were committed by whites, and 6.6 percent by Hispanics.

Overall, the BJS reported, “the percentage of intraracial [that is, same-race] victimization was higher than the percentage of interracial victimization for all types of violent crime except robbery.”

Moreover, it explained, “the rate of white-on-white violent crime (12.0 per 1,000) was about four times higher than black-on-white violent crime (3.1 per 1,000). The rate of black-on-black crime (16.5 per 1,000) was more than five times higher than white-on-black violent crime (2.8 per 1,000). The rate of Hispanic-on-Hispanic crime (8.3 per 1,000) was about double the rate of white-on-Hispanic (4.1 per 1,000) and black-on-Hispanic (4.2 per 1,000) violent crime.”

This is consistent with previously collected data, including a National Crime Victim Survey in 2000 that showed that 73 percent of white violent crime victims were attacked by whites, and 80 percent of black victims were targeted by blacks. This pattern is even clearer in the category of murder.

That hasn’t chastened the people promulgating the distorted statistics. Buchanan, citing Taylor’s fake statistics in 2007, wrote: “The real repository of racism in America — manifest in violent interracial assault, rape and murder — is to be found not in the white community, but the African-American community.”

Nor have the smears faded at all: In 2016, then-candidate Donald Trump retweeted a graphic that originated on a neo-Nazi website trotting out statistics mainly lifted from Taylor and the CofCC.

The false beliefs that arise from these smears have consequences, too: Dylann Roof, the domestic terrorist who killed nine members of a Charleston church’s black congregation in June 2015, shouted during the rampage at his victims his belief that they were “killing us.” In his manifesto, he specifically cited the CofCC’s website and Taylor’s smear pamphlet as the source of his information.

White supremacists' favorite myths about black crime rates take another hit from BJS study
White-on-White Crime
White on White Crime: The Statistic the Media Loves to Hide

3 Stats from the Department of Justice Disprove Racist Talking Points on Crime
Myths about Black and Latinx offenders disproportionately attacking White people may be titilating for White supremacists, but they are unsupported by the Bureau of Justice Statistics' new report.

President Donald Trump and his supporters who are White supremacists rely on rhetoric that accuses people of color—especially Blacks and Latinx—of disproportionately committing violent crimes against White targets. Those allegations guide the Trump administration’s calls to strengthen the force used by law enforcement agencies in cities and along the U.S.-Mexico border. But a recent report from the Trump administration’s own tough-on-crime Department of Justice (DOJ) rejects that premise.

The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) numerically disproved people of color’s alleged criminality in ”Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-15,” which it released last Thursday (October 19). Using data from its National Crime Victimization Survey, the BJS puts a serious dent in race-baiting anti-crime arguments. The following three takeaways, among others, contradict the recurring claims about who actually assaults, murders or otherwise threatens White people:

1) White violent criminals disproportionately attack White victims.
“Among White victims, a higher percentage of victimizations were committed by white offenders (57 percent) than offenders of any other race. White victims perceived the offender to be Black in 15 percent of violent victimizations and Hispanic in 11 percent.”

2) White-on-White crime exceeds Latinx-on-Latinx crime rates, as well as those for crimes committed across races.
“During 2012-15, the rate of White-on-White violent crime (12.0 per 1,000 White persons) was about four times higher than Black-on-White violent crime (3.1 per 1,000). The rate of Black-on-Black violent crime (16.5 per 1,000 Black persons) was more than five times higher than White-on-Black violent crime (2.8 per 1,000). The rate of Hispanic-on-Hispanic violent crime (8.3 per 1,000 Hispanic persons) was about double the rate of White-on-Hispanic (4.1 per 1,000) and Black-on-Hispanic (4.2 per 1,000) violent crime. As with violent crime, the rates of serious violent crime and simple assault were higher for intraracial victimizations than interracial victimizations.”

3) White offenders are the group most likely to assault Black strangers.
“The percentage of violence committed against a Black victim by a white offender who was a stranger (50 percent) was higher than the percentage committed by a Black offender who was a stranger (38 percent).”

Read the full report here, and its summary here.

3 Stats from the Department of Justice Disprove Racist Talking Points on Crime | Colorlines

Read his post.

You found it. When I can post information that shows white AA that is so obvious a blind person can see it and you chose to talk about blacks, I don't expect you to admit to seeing any racism from another white person.

No, Champ was right. All blacks have faced racism. Look, if you aren't black, shut the fuck up and listen because I am.

Vast majority of most crimes are committed by a person of the same race as the victim, Bureau of Justice Statistics reports.

The Justice Department’s statistics-crunching arm just blew up a whole stack of white-supremacist myths about the nature of interracial crime and violence committed by minorities.

In a report released Thursday titled Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-2015, the DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics found that a majority of most violent crimes are committed by people who are the same race as their victims. Indeed, the rate of white-on-white violent crime, it found, is about four times the rate of black-on-white crime.

White supremacists frequently like to manipulate crime statistics in order to claim that nonwhite minorities, particularly African-Americans, are far more crime-prone and the source of most violent crime against whites. Indeed, it is a core belief that this is the case, and many white nationalist ideologues — including politician and pundit Patrick Buchanan, Jared Taylor of American Renaissance, and the Council of Conservative Citizens — all have made considerable hay out of proffering “studies” laden with risibly bad statistics and other evidence to make their case.

The BJS study demonstrates plainly that this is simply not the case. Some 57 percent of crimes involving white victims were committed by white perpetrators, while only 15 percent were committed by blacks, and 11 percent by Hispanics. Black crime victims fell along similar racial lines, with 63 percent of the crimes committed by black perpetrators, while 11 percent were committed by whites, and 6.6 percent by Hispanics.

Overall, the BJS reported, “the percentage of intraracial [that is, same-race] victimization was higher than the percentage of interracial victimization for all types of violent crime except robbery.”

Moreover, it explained, “the rate of white-on-white violent crime (12.0 per 1,000) was about four times higher than black-on-white violent crime (3.1 per 1,000). The rate of black-on-black crime (16.5 per 1,000) was more than five times higher than white-on-black violent crime (2.8 per 1,000). The rate of Hispanic-on-Hispanic crime (8.3 per 1,000) was about double the rate of white-on-Hispanic (4.1 per 1,000) and black-on-Hispanic (4.2 per 1,000) violent crime.”

This is consistent with previously collected data, including a National Crime Victim Survey in 2000 that showed that 73 percent of white violent crime victims were attacked by whites, and 80 percent of black victims were targeted by blacks. This pattern is even clearer in the category of murder.

That hasn’t chastened the people promulgating the distorted statistics. Buchanan, citing Taylor’s fake statistics in 2007, wrote: “The real repository of racism in America — manifest in violent interracial assault, rape and murder — is to be found not in the white community, but the African-American community.”

Nor have the smears faded at all: In 2016, then-candidate Donald Trump retweeted a graphic that originated on a neo-Nazi website trotting out statistics mainly lifted from Taylor and the CofCC.

The false beliefs that arise from these smears have consequences, too: Dylann Roof, the domestic terrorist who killed nine members of a Charleston church’s black congregation in June 2015, shouted during the rampage at his victims his belief that they were “killing us.” In his manifesto, he specifically cited the CofCC’s website and Taylor’s smear pamphlet as the source of his information.

White supremacists' favorite myths about black crime rates take another hit from BJS study
White-on-White Crime

Myths about Black and Latinx offenders disproportionately attacking White people may be titilating for White supremacists, but they are unsupported by the Bureau of Justice Statistics' new report.

President Donald Trump and his supporters who are White supremacists rely on rhetoric that accuses people of color—especially Blacks and Latinx—of disproportionately committing violent crimes against White targets. Those allegations guide the Trump administration’s calls to strengthen the force used by law enforcement agencies in cities and along the U.S.-Mexico border. But a recent report from the Trump administration’s own tough-on-crime Department of Justice (DOJ) rejects that premise.

The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) numerically disproved people of color’s alleged criminality in ”Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-15,” which it released last Thursday (October 19). Using data from its National Crime Victimization Survey, the BJS puts a serious dent in race-baiting anti-crime arguments. The following three takeaways, among others, contradict the recurring claims about who actually assaults, murders or otherwise threatens White people:

“Among White victims, a higher percentage of victimizations were committed by white offenders (57 percent) than offenders of any other race. White victims perceived the offender to be Black in 15 percent of violent victimizations and Hispanic in 11 percent.”

2) White-on-White crime exceeds Latinx-on-Latinx crime rates, as well as those for crimes committed across races.
“During 2012-15, the rate of White-on-White violent crime (12.0 per 1,000 White persons) was about four times higher than Black-on-White violent crime (3.1 per 1,000). The rate of Black-on-Black violent crime (16.5 per 1,000 Black persons) was more than five times higher than White-on-Black violent crime (2.8 per 1,000). The rate of Hispanic-on-Hispanic violent crime (8.3 per 1,000 Hispanic persons) was about double the rate of White-on-Hispanic (4.1 per 1,000) and Black-on-Hispanic (4.2 per 1,000) violent crime. As with violent crime, the rates of serious violent crime and simple assault were higher for intraracial victimizations than interracial victimizations.”

“The percentage of violence committed against a Black victim by a white offender who was a stranger (50 percent) was higher than the percentage committed by a Black offender who was a stranger (38 percent).”

3 Stats from the Department of Justice Disprove Racist Talking Points on Crime | Colorlines
So blacks in Africa have faced

White-on-White Crime

So blacks in Africa have faced racism from other blacks?

Read his post.

You found it. When I can post information that shows white AA that is so obvious a blind person can see it and you chose to talk about blacks, I don't expect you to admit to seeing any racism from another white person.
??? I admit to seeing racism from George Wallace when he blocked the college doorway. Does that count?

...and nothing at all about black men taking responsibility for the children they produce, taking responsibility for paying attention and not being disruptive in school, taking responsibility for developing a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for their behavior or taking responsibility for ANYTHING, really.

It's just more of that " listen to me while I blame you" attitude that keeps getting crammed down our collective throats here .

...and nothing at all about black men taking responsibility for the children they produce, taking responsibility for paying attention and not being disruptive in school, taking responsibility for developing a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for their behavior or taking responsibility for ANYTHING, really.

It's just more of that " listen to me while I blame you" attitude that keeps getting crammed down our collective throats here .
Let me guess, IM2

95 percent of these threads are blame blacks. The first paragraph you posted is a bunch of white racist bullshit. And because you actually believe this false bullshit, you are being shown how false it is.

White-on-White Crime

White-on-White Crime

We are talking about America.

95 percent of these threads are blame blacks. The first paragraph you posted is a bunch of white racist bullshit. And because you actually believe this false bullshit, you are being shown how false it is.
IM2, I love your humor!

White-on-White Crime

White-on-White Crime

We are talking about America.
Sometimes I think crimes described as racist are really power struggles.

Responsibility is racist.

You heard it here first, folks!!

Forum List

Back