Zone1 Why do White People Call Themselves Irish-Americans, Italian Americans, Polish-Americans, etc?

I didn't see those. You're right. I dislike whites doing it far more than I dislike blacks doing it. White people became Americans by choice. Many blacks did also, but millions weren't given a choice.
If those whites did not exist, you would not see the examples I posted in the OP. Now to set this straight, I have no problem with whites doing this, I am just tired of those who do, or see it being done and say nothing, but then bitch about us calling each other African Americans with the lectures and comments about moving back to Africa. There is only 1 group in this country who are authentic "Americans" and even at that, the original people here did not call this place America.

Does it bother you? If so, why?
It bothers those like you that we call ourselves African Americans. So why are you asking me such a question?

Without making it racial - white people. But he explained it.
But it is racial and it's time white who are the original people who made everything in America about race, stopped complaining when other bring up issues resulting from whites making everything about race.

No, a mosaic means that each group keeps their group identity - as in their nationality. America should be a melting pot. It is the sum of the cultures, not a group of nationalities.
The melting pot means all identities are accepted and freedom of expression means that group identity is accepted as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of other groups. Therefore whites don't get to determine what encompasses a melting pot by themselves.

Why do those like you bitch, whine and moan about us calling ourselves African American, African American museums, MLK Day, Black History month, Juneteenth, blacks on TV commercials, the NBA and NFL, ETC.?

Why do those like you bitch, whine and moan about us calling ourselves African American, African American museums, MLK Day, Black History month, Juneteenth, blacks on TV commercials, the NBA and NFL, ETC.?
When have I bitched about what you call yourselves besides victims? Quote me.

When have I bitched about what you call yourselves besides victims? Quote me.
No. And look at what you posted then start thinking about your cognitive dissonance. The only victim mentality here comes from whites like you.

It bothers those like you that we call ourselves African Americans. So why are you asking me such a question?
Because it doesn't bother me that you call yourselves African-American. Are you pretending to read minds now? Be honest, you would pitch a fit if Elon Musk were to call himself African-American, even though it would be accurate, seeing as he was literally born in Africa, and is therefore more African than yourself. I would prefer you call yourself black, because it's a more accurate description, but you can call yourself a left-handed Hottentot if you want to. You're not African, you're American, and here we're free to call ourselves what we like, we just don't have the authority to force other people to call us anything.

Of course, many Americans would prefer that all Americans not hyphenate their identities, as it defies the blending of multiple cultures into the single, unique American culture that we have enjoyed and championed for so long. That does not, however, eliminate the pride that one naturally feels in their foreign heritage as well, since the vast majority of Americans hail from other parts of the world. I see no problem with someone hyphenating their heritage as long as they acknowledge the unique American culture that they are part of instead of attempting to remain separate from it. The important factor in all of this is "American", not whatever you want to put in front of it.

I'm an educated redneck and I agree with Chris Rock...I hate niggaz.

Chris Rock Says White People Are ‘Mentally Handicapped’ Abusers Who Don’t Understand Racism​

I am glad to see that you agree with Chris Rock.

Because it doesn't bother me that you call yourselves African-American. Are you pretending to read minds now? Be honest, you would pitch a fit if Elon Musk were to call himself African-American, even though it would be accurate, seeing as he was literally born in Africa, and is therefore more African than yourself. I would prefer you call yourself black, because it's a more accurate description, but you can call yourself a left-handed Hottentot if you want to. You're not African, you're American, and here we're free to call ourselves what we like, we just don't have the authority to force other people to call us anything.

Of course, many Americans would prefer that all Americans not hyphenate their identities, as it defies the blending of multiple cultures into the single, unique American culture that we have enjoyed and championed for so long. That does not, however, eliminate the pride that one naturally feels in their foreign heritage as well, since the vast majority of Americans hail from other parts of the world. I see no problem with someone hyphenating their heritage as long as they acknowledge the unique American culture that they are part of instead of attempting to remain separate from it. The important factor in all of this is "American", not whatever you want to put in front of it.
Elon Musk is an Afrikaner.. That's his official designation. I could care less about Elon Musk and what he calls himself. He ain't black. And spare me the white boy lecture on my ancestry. My family originated in Africa,, Musks did not. Musks family illegally immigrated to Africa during Apartheid. So is he really more African than me? No.

How does your DNA show that you're American? Are you American Indian?

International travel has been a thing for 10000 years. Companies are making millions, probably billions, by selling you a bill of goods. Those companies don't know if any of your ancestors were ever in any of those places except before they were those places. If you had ancestors who, at one time three thousand years ago lived in northern Europe but your family moved to eastern Europe 2500 years ago, they probably never considered themselves to be Norwegian. Those places you mention are nationalities. Your DNA doesn't show a thing about nationality; it shows geographical ancestry.

Imagine the heartbreak of a German mother, for instance, who raised her family as Germans because that's how she was raised as was her grandmother, her great-grandmother, and her great-great-grandmother, and so on for centuries. But then, in 2024, her son sends a company a spit sample and now her son decides he is French and then abandons everything she taught him. It's not that she hates or even dislikes the French, it's simply that now her son has abandoned their family heritage because of some company found something in the spit over the heritage found in his mother's love.

Your parents were American and, you're right; that's what you are.
I was proud to be an American, but the way our nation is going today is undermining my love for our nation.

Elon Musk is an Afrikaner.. That's his official designation. I could care less about Elon Musk and what he calls himself. He ain't black.
Exactly my point. A white person born in Africa who moves to the United States and becomes an American is literally African-American.
And spare me the white boy lecture on my ancestry. My family originated in Africa,, Musks did not. Musks family illegally immigrated to Africa during Apartheid. So is he really more African than me? No.
He was born there, you were not. This is why it makes more sense to call yourself black than African-American, because that's what you really mean by the term, and why you freaked out when I said a white person can literally be African-American. You don't mean African, you mean black, and that's why it makes more sense to call yourself that. There's no way Elon is black, but he is African.

Think on this, do all Irish have to be white with red hair and freckles, or can a black man call himself Irish? If so, why can he when a white man literally born and raised in Africa cannot call himself African?

If you're Irish-American then go back to Ireland. Your parents may have cooked whatever foods it is that Irish eat. And they sure as hell make good whiskey, but if you not fully American if you're part Irish. If Ireland was so great, why did your forefathers come here? Oh, wait... Let me guess.. Because Ireland sucked and America was/is great.

I am not going anywhere. And I am Irish-American. It is not something I announce, but it doesn't make it less accurate.

Oh, and this should really piss you off. I will work and vote to make America even better!

That's absurd. One marriage outside of your geographical history, which tells you nothing at all about their ethnicity, and for generations to the end of time.

I know a lot of Black people named Davis, or Smith. What does that tell you about their ethnicity?
No, that's why there is a tag.

Forum List

Back