Please. How do you guys keep your Faith when you are going through the wringer?

He answered me and basically tried to bully me into shutting up because he can’t handle my positions. You guys have no answers for me and get all bent out of shape at me. It’s fun, but I have to some times slap one of you because you’re all not that sharp and believe in really whacky things without proof and throw tantrums when you don’t get your way. :biggrin:

Actually, not being "bent out of shape" I was holding up a mirror for you to reflect upon your behavior here. You are like the kid (who is the one already bent out of shape) who comes across a group of classmates playing baseball out on the playground, waltzes in, disrupts the game, insisting on playing dodge ball. When the kids playing baseball protest, the one one disrupting claims they are the ones "bent out of shape."

Like the kid who doesn't understand baseball, does not want to understand baseball, and is intent on ruining the game he does not like, you display the same behavior here--and proudly pat yourself on the back for doing so. Do we get "bent out of shape" when you do so? Shrug. No more than a person gets "bent out of shape" when they slap a mosquito--or tell the kid interfering with the baseball game to go sit on the bench for the rest of recess.

Now, before you go off half-cocked, how did you like me telling you your intent on what you really believe and what you are really doing? Was it fair, was it a good way to interact with people, making all these assumptions? Keep in mind, it is daily fare for you to come in and do precisely this. You.don't.listen. to what we are saying. Otherwise, you would see what many of us are doing is calmly walking away.

For people who are allegedly non-believers, and certainly aren't interested in anything to do with philosophy, ethics, or history, these deviants do indeed spend a whole lot of time here fliinging poo like 3 year olds.
Since you're so smart, how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again? And while you're at it, since there were no Asians or Blacks on the boat, where do they come from?

Why do you care about Noah? Does he scare you?
Just trying to understand wtf the bible is talking about.

The building blocks of life on earth came from space after the earth's formation, and evolution took over from there.

Yay! You finally came over to our side! Congratulations! Keep in mind that many believe that as the earth was formed in space, the building blocks inherent to life were always there, and it simply took the right environment to start its growth/evolution. Keep in mind Genesis notes that man came from the earth, that life may have had its beginnings in clay.

Yes. 'The 'evolutionists' merely lifted their speculations from the allegories in Genesis in the first place. They don't have any genuine 'science', just speculation, but they are far more dishonest than the believers ever are, who are relying on what is clearly written versus the 'rationalists' who just make up handwaves for everything as they go along. And, many of those handwaves are far more absurd to boot, and involve truly magical mathematical probabilities even science fiction writers would go near.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
moron.jpg.jpg

I've always been on the side of science, you only came to science because you could no longer believe in fairy tales. Genesis has everything wrong, scientifically, that is.

Don't be silly. Decades ago, when I was in Catholic school, we were taught evolution. We were also taught that the Bible was inspired by God, not written by God. Also in our studies was the information that the Bible was like a library that contained some stories, some songs, some poetry, quotations, a little history, and even a play (Job).

Basically, it was in the 1970s that Evangelicals (a small percentage but very vocal group of Christians) broadcast this idea that the Bible was to be taken literally. For some reason, atheists decided all Christians were in agreement with this, and having reached this conclusion, they have been extremely difficult--even impossible--to convince otherwise. So, the seventy percent of us shrug and move on. Can't fix stupid, even when it is atheist.

Simply because you cannot recognize spiritual lessons and realities in "fairy tales" does not mean the rest of us are blind to them. I've always been immersed in science--in fact I often teach science (including *shock!* evolution). I am only one of a phenomenal number who can see the realities of both the physical world and its spiritual dimension. Perhaps one day you will want to join us true explorers of all aspects of life, instead of just the one with which you are comfortable. People miss out on a lot, but I am the first to agree there is simply not enough time to do (or to be) all we want.

The building blocks of life on earth came from space after the earth's formation, and evolution took over from there.

Yay! You finally came over to our side! Congratulations! Keep in mind that many believe that as the earth was formed in space, the building blocks inherent to life were always there, and it simply took the right environment to start its growth/evolution. Keep in mind Genesis notes that man came from the earth, that life may have had its beginnings in clay.

Yes. 'The 'evolutionists' merely lifted their speculations from the allegories in Genesis in the first place. They don't have any genuine 'science', just speculation, but they are far more dishonest than the believers ever are, who are relying on what is clearly written versus the 'rationalists' who just make up handwaves for everything as they go along. And, many of those handwaves are far more absurd to boot, and involve truly magical mathematical probabilities even science fiction writers would go near.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
View attachment 177076

So tell us all about 'evolution', and show us the all the 'science', like the entire fossil record. Apparently you think you have it.

I've always been on the side of science, you only came to science because you could no longer believe in fairy tales. Genesis has everything wrong, scientifically, that is.

Don't be silly. Decades ago, when I was in Catholic school, we were taught evolution. We were also taught that the Bible was inspired by God, not written by God. Also in our studies was the information that the Bible was like a library that contained some stories, some songs, some poetry, quotations, a little history, and even a play (Job).

Basically, it was in the 1970s that Evangelicals (a small percentage but very vocal group of Christians) broadcast this idea that the Bible was to be taken literally. For some reason, atheists decided all Christians were in agreement with this, and having reached this conclusion, they have been extremely difficult--even impossible--to convince otherwise. So, the seventy percent of us shrug and move on. Can't fix stupid, even when it is atheist.

Simply because you cannot recognize spiritual lessons and realities in "fairy tales" does not mean the rest of us are blind to them. I've always been immersed in science--in fact I often teach science (including *shock!* evolution). I am only one of a phenomenal number who can see the realities of both the physical world and its spiritual dimension. Perhaps one day you will want to join us true explorers of all aspects of life, instead of just the one with which you are comfortable. People miss out on a lot, but I am the first to agree there is simply not enough time to do (or to be) all we want.

They're completely ignorant of literary methodologies; they lack the education to understand much, and of course it can't be explained to them, either.

He answered me and basically tried to bully me into shutting up because he can’t handle my positions. You guys have no answers for me and get all bent out of shape at me. It’s fun, but I have to some times slap one of you because you’re all not that sharp and believe in really whacky things without proof and throw tantrums when you don’t get your way. :biggrin:

Actually, not being "bent out of shape" I was holding up a mirror for you to reflect upon your behavior here. You are like the kid (who is the one already bent out of shape) who comes across a group of classmates playing baseball out on the playground, waltzes in, disrupts the game, insisting on playing dodge ball. When the kids playing baseball protest, the one one disrupting claims they are the ones "bent out of shape."

Like the kid who doesn't understand baseball, does not want to understand baseball, and is intent on ruining the game he does not like, you display the same behavior here--and proudly pat yourself on the back for doing so. Do we get "bent out of shape" when you do so? Shrug. No more than a person gets "bent out of shape" when they slap a mosquito--or tell the kid interfering with the baseball game to go sit on the bench for the rest of recess.

Now, before you go off half-cocked, how did you like me telling you your intent on what you really believe and what you are really doing? Was it fair, was it a good way to interact with people, making all these assumptions? Keep in mind, it is daily fare for you to come in and do precisely this. You.don't.listen. to what we are saying. Otherwise, you would see what many of us are doing is calmly walking away.

For people who are allegedly non-believers, and certainly aren't interested in anything to do with philosophy, ethics, or history, these deviants do indeed spend a whole lot of time here fliinging poo like 3 year olds.
Since you're so smart, how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again? And while you're at it, since there were no Asians or Blacks on the boat, where do they come from?

Why do you care about Noah? Does he scare you?
Just trying to understand wtf the bible is talking about.

No, you aren't, you're just spamming threads, no matter what the topic.

You don’t even believe anything in the bible and see it more as a book of philosophy, which is cool with me. Carry on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
View attachment 177076

So tell us all about 'evolution', and show us the all the 'science', like the entire fossil record. Apparently you think you have it.
That any scientist would have lifted anything from Genesis was the laugh of the week!

I can prove evolution in 2 simple ways that even you’ll understand.
1. Look at houses built 200 years ago, or the clothes people wore. Everything is smaller than it is now, meaning that it’s physical proof that humans are getting taller as time goes by. That’s called evolution.
2. I used to eat meat, but my thinking over time evolved to a healthier mindset and diet, and now I’m a vegetarian. I have personally evolved.

Last edited:
You don’t even believe anything in the bible and see it more as a book of philosophy, which is cool with me. Carry on.

Once again. Not what I said. The Bible does contain philosophy. And so many other truths. It is not a good habit for you to tell others what they think. You haven't gotten in correct yet, and I very much doubt you ever will. So, stop. (as opposed to carrying on)

Once again. Not what I said. The Bible does contain philosophy. And so many other truths. It is not a good habit for you to tell others what they think. You haven't gotten in correct yet, and I very much doubt you ever will. So, stop. (as opposed to carrying on)
So give me an example of a bible story that you do believe is true.

So give me an example of a bible story that you do believe is true.

Old Testament: King David's son trying to depose him; and the son's death following.
New Testament: Christ's death and resurrection.

Keep in mind, I do believe the story of the Great Flood--but from a much different perspective than you do. No planet-wide flood; no planet-wide death of people except for one family only. In today's terms, it was a natural disaster, and the story of one family's escape.

Forum List

Back