PLEASE!!! Don't change the POLLING DATA!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Almost all polls have been doing oversampling i.e. counting more Democrats and Democrat leaning Independents then GOP... WHICH IS GOOD from MY perspective!

Good because it makes Romney work that much harder. Lets Democrats have false sense of victory AND really will put a big smudge on MSM that is predicting Obama BIG victory ... based on these oversampled polls!

So when I see this I say... WhOA!!!

Skewed and Unskewed Polls
In fact, Rasmussen keeps a running monthly poll of party identification. In the latest poll, released September 1, they found:

During August, 37.6% of Americans considered themselves Republicans. That’s up from 34.9% in July and 35.4% in June. It’s also the largest number of Republicans ever recorded by Rasmussen Report since monthly tracking began in November 2002.

Other polls — including Gallup — apparently have similar assumptions (called “turnout models”) in their polls.

There is a new website, called unskewedpolls.com, that basically reweights the data to fit the Rasmussen party identification. Their results are quite different, giving Romney somewhere between a five and eleven point lead.

The PJ Tatler » Skewed and Unskewed Polls

I certainly hope all of you pinning your hopes on the polls sponsored by MSM that are totally in the tank continue to do so!

In 1980, two weeks before the election, Gallup had it Carter 47, Reagan 39. It ends up a landslide.

I better invest in reynolds wrap stock as it's going to be soaring through the roof!

Almost all polls have been doing oversampling i.e. counting more Democrats and Democrat leaning Independents then GOP... WHICH IS GOOD from MY perspective!

Good because it makes Romney work that much harder. Lets Democrats have false sense of victory AND really will put a big smudge on MSM that is predicting Obama BIG victory ... based on these oversampled polls!

In fact, Rasmussen keeps a running monthly poll of party identification. In the latest poll, released September 1, they found:

During August, 37.6% of Americans considered themselves Republicans. That’s up from 34.9% in July and 35.4% in June. It’s also the largest number of Republicans ever recorded by Rasmussen Report since monthly tracking began in November 2002.

Other polls — including Gallup — apparently have similar assumptions (called “turnout models”) in their polls.

There is a new website, called unskewedpolls.com, that basically reweights the data to fit the Rasmussen party identification. Their results are quite different, giving Romney somewhere between a five and eleven point lead.

I think we need to see some polls where the data adjustments are more in line with the current electorate. All these polls showing Romney going down may hurt us in turnout.

Which is what the MSM expects, in my opinion.

I think we need to see some polls where the data adjustments are more in line with the current electorate. All these polls showing Romney going down may hurt us in turnout.

I would have agreed if this was 10 years ago.. before the Internet!
BUT thank goodness more people are IGNORING the MSM-driven polls as more people getting their news from other then traditional MSM outlets!

I would have agreed if this was 10 years ago.. before the Internet!
BUT thank goodness more people are IGNORING the MSM-driven polls as more people getting their news from other then traditional MSM outlets!

The internet is a powerful tool, but it still does not have the reach of TV, print and radio. That is changing over time, but for this election we need to get the non tech savy out of thier house and voting for Romney.

Forum List

Back