Romney: Uninsured can take ambulance to the emergency room

R

rdean

“Well, we do provide care for people who don’t have insurance,” Romney told interviewer Scott Pelley. “If someone has a heart attack, they don’t sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.”

Romney: Uninsured have emergency rooms

----------------------------------------

WOW! That sounds fantastic. I thought the Emergency Room could cost anywhere from 10 to hundreds of times the cost of visiting a doctor. Guess I was wrong. It must be "FREE". The Emergency Room is "FREE".

---------------------------------------

Uninsured children in the emergency department tend to get less care than those with coverage, a team of researchers at the Children’s Hospital in Boston recently found. Their results, published in the Journal of Pediatrics, showed that uninsured kids were 22 percent less likely to receive tests, undergo procedures or receive prescription medication.

The emergency department is not health insurance

-----------------------------------------

I know, I know, "Let them die". It's the "Right Wing American Christian" way.

Right wingers on the USMB will attack Obama. When are they going to support Mitt Romney? At least tell us what he stands for and not what you "imagine" he stands for.

Is that statement untrue? Don't we do that now? Since the statement has all the odor of being taken out of context we don't know what else he said.

Whether democrats want to admit it or not, mandatory insurance will NOT insure the illegal who has just slithered across our border and they use the Emergency Rooms in greater number than Americans. obamacare won't change that. The Emergency Rooms will still provide free care to the poor illegals. Just say, democrats should just come out and say that mandatory insurance will guarantee that no one without insurance will be able to go to an emergency room and illegals will be denied treatment.

“Well, we do provide care for people who don’t have insurance,” Romney told interviewer Scott Pelley. “If someone has a heart attack, they don’t sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.”

WOW! That sounds fantastic. I thought the Emergency Room could cost anywhere from 10 to hundreds of times the cost of visiting a doctor. Guess I was wrong. It must be "FREE". The Emergency Room is "FREE".

Uninsured children in the emergency department tend to get less care than those with coverage, a team of researchers at the Children’s Hospital in Boston recently found. Their results, published in the Journal of Pediatrics, showed that uninsured kids were 22 percent less likely to receive tests, undergo procedures or receive prescription medication.

Right wingers on the USMB will attack Obama. When are they going to support Mitt Romney? At least tell us what he stands for and not what you "imagine" he stands for.
It is the law...

Are you arguing for its elimination?

Hey, ass-hat, the comments were a response to the asinine leftists always claiming that people are dying in the streets because they don't have health insurance.

Hey, ass-hat, the comments were a response to the asinine leftists always claiming that people are dying in the streets because they don't have health insurance.

Try relying on the emergency room if you have cancer.

It is the law...

This topic is obviously a bit above your abilities. Maybe it's time to go back to bed?

Those who can afford to contribute to their own healthcare costs should. If they don't - we all pick up the tab one way or another. There is no such thing as "free" healthcare.

It's this kind of thing that makes me want to throw my freakin' TV out the freakin' window, and it's why I just don't watch these freakin' interviews.

Yes, he's right, the uninsured can go to an ER for a headache. That means that our ER's are stuffed with people who are slowing down care for those with REAL emergencies, we're paying far more for people who can't afford to pay the ER bill, the people without insurance are not getting decent preventive or diagnostic care (which leads to even MORE costs LATER), and we're willfully making a bad fucking situation worse because we're trying to save short term fucking dollars.

Congrats Mitt, you must be very proud.

Last edited:
I remeber someone started a thread about how charities can do a better job than welfare, and I pointed out that most charities know how to work the welfare system better then anyone and that one of the 1st things most charities will do is make sure you're signed up and recieving as much government aid as you qualify for.

The same goes for hospitals. If you don't have insurance, the last thing they want is to put you on a payment plan. They will do everything in their power to see you get as much government help to eliminate that bill as is possible because unlike you, the government can be relied on to pay your bill in full.

Rdean 9:23, "Barack said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth, Aye, if you believeth in me you shall never taste death, nor have to pay for anything yourself.

Rdean 9:24. "Consider the Acorns in the field, they neither toil nor do they get up in the morning to work, yet I, thought my federal government, provide for them. Those who have ears should listen, and those that have a brain are not Democrats"

Last edited:
Romneys statement is correct, he simply failed to address the real issue, which is who the hell ends up paying for that ambulance, the emergency care that person receives and the weeks worth of hospital care they get once they are admitted.

He did actually touch on that, though not in specifics...

from the OP...
And different states have different ways of providing for that care

It is the law...

This topic is obviously a bit above your abilities. Maybe it's time to go back to bed?

Absolutely comical coming from you. You have been punked so often on the board it is becoming tradition.......

Is that statement untrue? Don't we do that now? Since the statement has all the odor of being taken out of context we don't know what else he said.

Whether democrats want to admit it or not, mandatory insurance will NOT insure the illegal who has just slithered across our border and they use the Emergency Rooms in greater number than Americans. obamacare won't change that. The Emergency Rooms will still provide free care to the poor illegals. Just say, democrats should just come out and say that mandatory insurance will guarantee that no one without insurance will be able to go to an emergency room and illegals will be denied treatment.

THEN FIND OUT!

Did I really have to say that?

Rean 9:23, "Barack said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth, Aye, if you believeth in me you shall never taste death, nor have to pay for anything yourself.

Rdean 9:24. "Consider the Acorns in the field, they neither toil nor do they get up in the morning to work, yet I, thought my federal government, provide for them. Those who have ears should listen, and those that have a brain are not Democrats"

And yet you consider yourself better than Rdean?

I'll tell my aunt to go get her chemo in the emergency room.

What is even more hilarious than anything this asshat said is the fact that there are people actually trying to defend what he said.

:lol:

Romneys statement is correct, he simply failed to address the real issue, which is who the hell ends up paying for that ambulance, the emergency care that person receives and the weeks worth of hospital care they get once they are admitted.

We don't know what he addressed! All we know is what this clip says.

Talk about imagination, please explain how your get from "different states have different ways of providing for that care." to "I know, I know, "Let them die". It's the "Right Wing American Christian" way."?

While your at it, tell us what Maobama's plan is for the 30 miillion people not covered by Maobamacare, isn't his plan the same as Romney?

Come on now, show us if you have any intellectually honest bones in your body.

Forum List

Back