Planned parenthood?

Yes they do.
What happens is we get progressives in power, and they cut off funding to all other sources...if the state won't accept PP, then the feds won't pay for ANYTHING.

This is the problem. Stupid people like Thanatos think that stopping federal funding to PP means that they can stop poor women from having access to free BC. That is not up for debate, whether PP gets fed dollars or not, your state already funds BC for the poor.

Dont put words in my mouth cause all you do is show how ignorant you are. Women can get a job and pay for contraception like the rest of us do. You are the one who seem to think women are to stupid to understand this.

And that is the real issue, not telling poor women to keep their legs closed, but allowing states to decide what type of family planning works best for their state. Whether that means funding PP, county health clinics, or other types of non-profit family planning organizations.

Progressives don't think much of women. That's the long and short of it.

And that is the real issue, not telling poor women to keep their legs closed, but allowing states to decide what type of family planning works best for their state. Whether that means funding PP, county health clinics, or other types of non-profit family planning organizations.

The state isn't in charge of family planning.

Period. It never should be.

Question, why does the goverment help subsidize Planned Parenthood? This is not an attack on PP, as I do think they do a lot of good, just confused as to how/ why the goverment got into the business of paying them to do it.

The government often partners with non-profits if it fits a particular government initiative. That's just how it works. Planned Parenthood has a fairly extensive network that can reach poor women and provide health services beyond just the controversial stuff like abortion.

Except you ignorant quiff that it is against the law for government to pay for abortion aka baby killing.

This thread once again demonstrates why the nation is divided. Half want things and want them free...or as they define free...at other's expense.

Where does personal responsibiltiy begin and end?

No one advocated depriving the poor and those in need but at what point, and I keep going back to the "Sandra Fluke types" does it get ridiculous?

Let me ask this, does anyone on this thread think they should pay for her contraception? Seriously afterall she made herself the poster girl for this.

Why should a person "like her" get free contraception?

Arguing that in the long run it benefits all is a cop-out! I already gave the driver's ed example as silly as it seems as an example.

Sounds nice to say we all benefit but there are those truly in need and those that want freebies at other's expenses.

You work, you want contraception, you buy it and you pay for it.

Last edited:
It's not about contraception, it's about control. PP and progressives use abortion to control, and exploit, women.

Progressives don't think much of women. That's the long and short of it.

Maybe that's why obama doesn't have women in his cabinet.

Democrats generally have a poor opinion of women. A woman that has a child cannot possibly achieve anything INCLUDING raising that child as a decent human being capable of living without robbing convenience stores. An unwed mother cannot ever become educated and make her way out of poverty. They are incapable of working except at the most menial of jobs. No wonder liberals hate children so much. Children condemn their mothers to lives of penury!

What is most remarkable is that men are completely absent from the unwed mother/child/poverty equasion. Men are totally beyond consideration. They don't even warrant a mention. Because no one holds them responsible, at all, they don't feel any sense of responsibility and can expect that whatever problems their children cause, someone else will take care of it for them. Abortion, support, raising them. All of it. They expect to fuck and walk away to fuck again.

Then you've got idiots like Sarhag in another thread claiming a woman who, with her children, is hunted down by an intruder in her OWN HOME and who shoots him multiple times when he flings open the closet door to the closet in which she and her children are hiding....sarahag says that woman shouldn't be able to "overkill" the intruder. She doesn't need a semi-automatic or an automatic! She can make do with a slingshot. I mean, what real value does she have anyway?

It's disgusting because they hold themselves up as the champions of women.

Let me ask this, does anyone on this thread think they should pay for her contraception? Seriously afterall she made herself the poster girl for this.

Arguing that in the long run it benefits all is a cop-out!

Except, it isn't a cop out. When someone has a kid they can't afford, their only real choice is Abortion, which I think we can both agree is wrong, Adoption, which may or may not find the kid a home, or sinking into poverty and accepting welfare. The monthly cost of the pill is a hell of a lot cheaper than the monthly cost of food stamps or jail when the kid grows up screwed up.

In a perfect world, people wouldn't have kids until they could pay for it and people WOULD NOT HAVE STRAIGHT SEX until they were ready to have kids, as most contraceptive approaches are not 100%. You can have homosexual encounters all you want. It won't produce a kid I have to pay for with my tax money.

The problem is, it isn't a perfect world. So what's the best approach? Close your eyes, preach abstinence, and just let little kids grow up in in extreme poverty to a life of crime? Or plunk down some cash for a generic prescription of the pill?

Me personally, I'll put down the few bucks for the pill.

Does it offend you that people think you should accept responsibility for your own mistakes? Get over yourself You are just not that important to my life nor is any of the stupid women who are to cheap to buy a fucking condom or to weak to not have sex without one.

Does it offend you that I think you are part of the underclass that is dragging us down as a nation, and thus, your proposed strategies would only result in more people like you?

underclass?

More people like you?

Wow. You sound like what you claim conservatives to be.

I have been reading your sentiments and respecting them to a certain degree...although not necessarily agreeing with them.

But after this post that i just quoted?

You are a confused individual that has no idea what you think is best for the nation.

Arguing that in the long run it benefits all is a cop-out!

Except, it isn't a cop out. When someone has a kid they can't afford, their only real choice is Abortion, which I think we can both agree is wrong, Adoption, which may or may not find the kid a home, or sinking into poverty and accepting welfare. The monthly cost of the pill is a hell of a lot cheaper than the monthly cost of food stamps or jail when the kid grows up screwed up.

In a perfect world, people wouldn't have kids until they could pay for it and people WOULD NOT HAVE STRAIGHT SEX until they were ready to have kids, as most contraceptive approaches are not 100%. You can have homosexual encounters all you want. It won't produce a kid I have to pay for with my tax money.

The problem is, it isn't a perfect world. So what's the best approach? Close your eyes, preach abstinence, and just let little kids grow up in in extreme poverty to a life of crime? Or plunk down some cash for a generic prescription of the pill?

Me personally, I'll put down the few bucks for the pill.

I tend to agree with much of what you stated. But a few bucks for a pill and we know where that leads. I realize that it's cheap enough but is cost the only issue?

Forum List

Back