Planned parenthood?

Does it offend you that people think you should accept responsibility for your own mistakes? Get over yourself You are just not that important to my life nor is any of the stupid women who are to cheap to buy a fucking condom or to weak to not have sex without one.

I've never utilized PP services, taken advantage of low cost or reduced cost birth control, or accepted financial assistance from the U.S. government.

Maybe you should look in the mirror when talking to yourself, in the future.

FWIW, people like me are subsidizing your children's educations and most of the other infrastructure that you enjoy daily.

So now you are equating education with baby killing?

The health of the nation's people is a vital national interest. The federal government has the right and the justification to take measures that work towards protecting, maintaining, improving the health of the people.

Bullshit. My health is none of the governments business.

You think the health of the nation is irrelevant to our ability to prosper economically AND to defend ourselves?

You're an idiot.

And you're a collectivist fool.

Help me here. Isn't the battle cry "my womb, my unborn fetus, my vagina, hands off and butt out government and stay out of my business"?

Soooo why does it seem like we are dealing with obnoxious grown up "teens" on these type matters? Pay my way but don't you dare tell me what to do!!

Marsha Blackburn, Diane Black Offer Dueling Bills To Defund Planned Parenthood

01/08/2013

House Republicans are so eager to strip federal family planning funds from Planned Parenthood that two of them have introduced identical bills to do so in the first days of the new Congress.

Tennessee Reps. Marsha Blackburn (R) and Diane Black (R) separately reintroduced a bill during the first two days of the 2013 legislative session that would prohibit Title X family planning grants from being awarded to any organization that performs abortions. The bill, first introduced by former Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) in the 112th Congress, primarily targets Planned Parenthood, which receives about $340 million a year in Title X funds for non-abortion health and family planning services. Both bills amend Pence's original bill to include exceptions for rape, incest and to protect the life of the mother.

Marsha Blackburn, Diane Black Offer Dueling Bills To Defund Planned Parenthood

Where does the government get the money that PP so clevewrly shuffles around to make it look like it's not used for purposes that some may object to?

Since other than it printing money, where do the funds (pool) come from?

A lot of people don't like armored tanks. Should we stop funding them?
Even more people don't like Congress. Should we disband your representatives?

Not one cent of tax money goes to performing abortions. It was true yesterday. It was true today. It will be true tomorrow. Despite your spin.

How do you know?

If all is clean, what is wrong with an audit? A baisc non partisan audit of where the 500 million dollars a year is going and whether or nopt a law is broken?

Afterall, if 500 million tax dollars is being used illegally, would you not want to know?

Furthermore, why do we not have audits for organizations we give massive amounts of money to? Shouldnt we, as tax payers know for sure it is all being used properly and legally?

Did we not learn anything by the picture of that guy in a hot tub holding a margarita on our dime?
Its against the law. They arent being arrested. Audit away little man.

Where does the government get the money that PP so clevewrly shuffles around to make it look like it's not used for purposes that some may object to?

Not one cent of tax money goes to performing abortions. It was true yesterday. It was true today. It will be true tomorrow. Despite your spin.

Spin? Seeing things? I asked a rhetorical question and never said it directly funded abortions.

Let's see "Planned Parenthood"...yet they performed 333,964 abortions in a year.

Parenthood....abortion.

How does one plan to be parent of a fetus that they aborted...since you want to be obtuse and all. They perform abortions or should I say arrange and take tax payer money for other activities.

Would you support your government if they decided to kill all new borns but promised that they won't use tax payer money to buy the guns and bullets? Better yet would you believe them?

Abortions are an option. Healthy maternity planning, low cost contraception, child health, etc.... Feel free to educate yourself on topics you are commenting on.

There is nothing wrong with lobbying for a law to be passed that says that tax money should not be used to fund tanks.

And if that law is passed, would you not want to audit the military to make sure they are not using tax payer money to fund the making of tanks?....especially if you see that the military is still making tanks?

Feel free to audit away. You just got your ass kicked because of boneheaded plays like this. Should be fun.

There is nothing wrong with lobbying for a law to be passed that says that tax money should not be used to fund tanks.

And if that law is passed, would you not want to audit the military to make sure they are not using tax payer money to fund the making of tanks?....especially if you see that the military is still making tanks?

Feel free to audit away. You just got your ass kicked because of boneheaded plays like this. Should be fun.

Ass kicked? All I am asking for is to ensure that our tax dollars to the tune of a half a billion dollars is not being used illegally.

I have made it clear on this board that whereas I personally do not believe in abortion, I support the right for the parent to choose.

But I am sick and tired of the abuse of our tax dollars.

So if they are found to be legit, great. I wont consider it an ass kicking. I will consider it proper accounting.

Heck, I want ALL of our tax dollars to be properly accounted for. Not sure why you simply want to "take their word for it".

Didnt you learn anything by the guy in the hot tub with a margarita in his hands on our dime?

Are these pro-life groups ready to step up to the plate and fund the children that are born because PP is defunded? If not, they really should keep their moralistic nonsense to themselves.

I just love liberal "values". You abhor morality, but have "values" which hold human life hostage. Pay for my contraception or I will fuck my brains out and make a baby that I will try to force all of you to pay much more to take care of.

Emotional blackmail. Nice. Very nice.

This really encourages personal responsibility. Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it...or else.

Last edited:
No government funding should ever go to a place that kills unborn babies. I should not be forced to subsidize murder.

Would you have a moral objection to this pot of funding going directly to county health departments to fund pregnancy prevention measures such as classes, counseling, birth control pills, condoms, IUDs, etc., but not abortions?

Funny how the "hands off my body" is now all in on "hands all over my body" when they somehow thinks it means free shit.

:lol:

No government funding should ever go to a place that kills unborn babies. I should not be forced to subsidize murder.

Would you have a moral objection to this pot of funding going directly to county health departments to fund pregnancy prevention measures such as classes, counseling, birth control pills, condoms, IUDs, etc., but not abortions?

Absolutely, yes.

I dont mind every dime of it going to PP for the same reasons.

I just dont want my tax dollars to be used illegally....and when an organization that boasts performing 350,000 abortions last year gets 500 million of tax payer dollars...I would expoect them to understand the need for the government to ensure it is staying within the law.

I do not believe in abortion personally, but I believe in the parents right to choose....but I also repsect the law. And I want to ensure those that get tax payer dollars do the same.

Dont you?

I just love liberal "values". You abhor morality, but have "values" which hold human life hostage. Pay for my contraception or I will fuck my brains out and make a baby that I will try to force all of you to pay much more to take care of.

This really encourages personal responsibility. Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it...or else.

I don't abhor morality but having worked with the offspring of unplanned and teenage pregnancies for the past 21 years, I have to say that preventing pregnancy is a lot cheaper than the alternative.

The republicans were smart when they joined with the democrats and allocated funding for birth control. It's just common sense.

Some people lack self control. Just say no doesn't work for everyone, and never did. I'm a result of a 16 year old girl who had sex with her 17 year old boyfriend and got pregnant (I'm 47 years old).

As a society, we are far better off preventing as many of these unplanned pregnancies to people who lack self control and aren't prepared to parent as we possibly can.

Let me put it like this...if we can't trust these girls to manage to prevent pregnancy on their own, how can we trust these girls to parent a child? And, the fact is that even if abortion were outlawed tomorrow, many of these girls would keep their children and raise them in poverty and the cycle would continue to repeat and has continued to repeat for hundreds of years. If you were to look at crime patterns in a particular city and notate the family names of the individuals involved for a hundred years, you'd find that there is a recurring pattern that keeps repeating over and over and over again, particularly in high poverty areas with high rates of crime. Kids having kids who then have kids who then have kids, and these kids aren't parented properly ever, and they pass their dysfunction along to their own offspring in turn.

Pragmatically speaking, we all have a vested interest in preventing teenage and unplanned pregnancies. We pay for them in a hundred different ways currently in our society, from increased expenses in our schools to our ever growing prison industry. It's just cheaper and more effective, in the long run, to give out birth control and stop moralizing about it.

Last edited:

I don't abhor morality but having worked with the offspring of unplanned and teenage pregnancies for the past 21 years, I have to say that preventing pregnancy is a lot cheaper than the alternative.

The republicans were smart when they joined with the democrats and allocated funding for birth control. It's just common sense.

Some people lack self control. Just say no doesn't work for everyone, and never did. I'm a result of a 16 year old girl who had sex with her 17 year old boyfriend and got pregnant.

As a society, we are far better off preventing as many of these unplanned pregnancies to people who lack self control and aren't prepared to parent.

Let me put it like this...if we can't trust them to manage to prevent pregnancy on their own, how can we trust them to parent a child?

Pragmatically speaking, we all have a vested interest in preventing teenage and unplanned pregnancies. We pay for them in a hundred different ways currently in our society, from increased expenses in our schools to our ever growing prison industry. It's just cheaper and more effective, in the long run, to give out birth control and stop moralizing about it.

I agree 100%...

Except...

It is not fair for you or I to tell those that are guided by their religion that they should cast that aside.

They have good reason to not want their tax dollars to fund something that they deem as immoral due to their religion. And I respect them continually lobbying against it.

I repsect their position....although I would never hold it myself.

Absolutely, yes.

I dont mind every dime of it going to PP for the same reasons.

I just dont want my tax dollars to be used illegally....and when an organization that boasts performing 350,000 abortions last year gets 500 million of tax payer dollars...I would expoect them to understand the need for the government to ensure it is staying within the law.

I do not believe in abortion personally, but I believe in the parents right to choose....but I also repsect the law. And I want to ensure those that get tax payer dollars do the same.

Dont you?

Most government contractors/grantees understand that a federal audit is not out of the question, and misuse of federal dollars comes with the threat of federal prison time and massive fines. I don't work for PP, but I'm sure it's not different from other NPO I have worked with...they generally have entirely separate funding streams for federal/other funding. It's the only way to avoid having problems.

Forum List

Back