Planned parenthood?

When do you realize what personal responsibility means? Also since we are at it when will you realize that it isnt none of your fucking business if a person uses a condom or not.

See above post. Actually, the issue of unplanned pregnancies to poor/unwed mothers has a significant impact on the quality of life for everyone who lives in the U.S.

I am a great believer in personal responsibility. However, I am also realistic about horny 16-24 year olds, and their ability to provide a stable and adequate home for their offspring.

Forcing people to have children they cannot afford, aren't equipped to take care of, and can't adequately provide for benefits no one in this country, ever.

But you're creating subsquent scenarios AFTER the fact. Where's the responsibilty prior to an issue arising.

Are any college student's sex lives the responsibility of the tax payer?

At present, if a college student becomes pregnant, drops out of college, and has a child that she cannot afford to take care of, what are the ramifications for local, county, state and federal governments?

We are all connected, Beretta. You wish to impose your views on other people, regardless of the consequences for them, but you can still be affected by this.

Sandra Fluke becomes pregnant. She drops out of college. She is not educated, so can only find employment in a service-industry job at $9 an hour for 24 hours a week, without healthcare benefits. You don't want to prove government-supported healthcare, so how does she take care of her child? That's an annual income of $11,232 ($936 per month).

Sandra Fluke can't afford a nice apartment, so she lives in a crappy slum apartment for $400 a month. Her child is raised in a neighborhood with high poverty, high crime, failing schools, and multiple levels of societal dysfunction.

Her child is affected by these risk factors and does poorly in school, uses drugs and alcohol, engages in early premarital sex, and becomes involved in low-level delinquent acts. Her daughter beats up your child at the mall ($), casuses disruptions at school ($), becomes involved in the criminal justice system ($), and becomes pregnant at 16 ($). To buy diapers, her boyfriend burglarizes your house ($).

The cycle repeats.

Spend a week in my job in low income community in America, and you will see that cycle playing out in front of you over and over and over and over again.

Over time, America becomes a country with lower educational attainment, higher rates of poverty, higher levels of healthcare problems (obesity, heart disease, cancer), and our competitive edge with other countries is gradually eroded until it is nonexistent.

Welcome to America, 2012.

Let's see. Fluke decides to screw irresponsibly like a bunny. She gets pregnant and now she's the tax payers responsibility?

Another scenario she decides to have sex...the taxpayer should pay in advance for her protection?

Sorry but in Fluke's case, she can well afford to pay for her own.

No one is advocating not helping those truly in need in spite of the way that's it's being spun.

It all supposes that Sandra Fluke's pregnancy was by immaculate conception and no male has responsibility.

When do you realize what personal responsibility means? Also since we are at it when will you realize that it isnt none of your fucking business if a person uses a condom or not.

See above post. Actually, the issue of unplanned pregnancies to poor/unwed mothers has a significant impact on the quality of life for everyone who lives in the U.S.

I am a great believer in personal responsibility. However, I am also realistic about horny 16-24 year olds, and their ability to provide a stable and adequate home for their offspring.

Forcing people to have children they cannot afford, aren't equipped to take care of, and can't adequately provide for benefits no one in this country, ever.

Passionate case you've made. You should write a check to PP...or start your own charity. I'll voluntarily contribute.

If we didn't have so many abortions, perhaps it wouldn't be necessary to import 60,000 babies to the US for adoption.

Once again we have a debate about responsibilty and how those that lack it should be subsidized by the taxpayer for their poor decision making and it's consequences.

This time we're using the old "you'll pay one way or another" routine to justify it.

I am not my sisters fucking keeper.

At present, if a college student becomes pregnant, drops out of college, and has a child that she cannot afford to take care of, what are the ramifications for local, county, state and federal governments?

We are all connected, Beretta. You wish to impose your views on other people, regardless of the consequences for them, but you can still be affected by this.

Sandra Fluke becomes pregnant. She drops out of college. She is not educated, so can only find employment in a service-industry job at $9 an hour for 24 hours a week, without healthcare benefits. You don't want to prove government-supported healthcare, so how does she take care of her child? That's an annual income of $11,232 ($936 per month).

Sandra Fluke can't afford a nice apartment, so she lives in a crappy slum apartment for $400 a month. Her child is raised in a neighborhood with high poverty, high crime, failing schools, and multiple levels of societal dysfunction.

Her child is affected by these risk factors and does poorly in school, uses drugs and alcohol, engages in early premarital sex, and becomes involved in low-level delinquent acts. Her daughter beats up your child at the mall ($), casuses disruptions at school ($), becomes involved in the criminal justice system ($), and becomes pregnant at 16 ($). To buy diapers, her boyfriend burglarizes your house ($).

The cycle repeats.

Spend a week in my job in low income community in America, and you will see that cycle playing out in front of you over and over and over and over again.

Over time, America becomes a country with lower educational attainment, higher rates of poverty, higher levels of healthcare problems (obesity, heart disease, cancer), and our competitive edge with other countries is gradually eroded until it is nonexistent.

Let's see. Fluke decides to screw irresponsibly like a bunny. She gets pregnant and now she's the tax payers responsibility?

Another scenario she decides to have sex...the taxpayer should pay in advance for her protection?

No one is advocating not helping those truly in need in spite of the way that's it's being spun.

It all supposes that Sandra Fluke's pregnancy was by immaculate conception and no male has responsibility.

Sperm donor!

But you're creating subsquent scenarios AFTER the fact. Where's the responsibilty prior to an issue arising.

So, what you're suggesting is that there was an era in American history when unwed mothers didn't have babies and cause a burden to society?

History suggests you're mistaken.

Actually, I think the most responsible thing we could do, as a society, would be to prevent as many births to unwed mothers who don't want babies as possible, by multiple means, whether those means include faith-based initiatives designed to encourage kids to choose to wait until marriage, low-cost and free access to birth control for those who won't, and access to sex education and reproductive planning information for all young peopel so they can make responsible decisions about sex.

Access to birth control + sex ed reduces abortion and unwed births. This is why European countries like Finnland have rates of abortion and unplanned pregnancies to poor mothers that are a tiny percentage of ours.

If we really care about improving the quality of life in this country, reducing dependence on government in the long run, and reducing abortions, that is.

Last edited:
Why not just make it a law that irresponsible pigs unwilling to take the necessary precautions be adopted, raised and coddled by some taxpaying stranger. Ah the shame, disgrace and humility.

The cycle repeats.

By no means am I letting the man off the hook. Unless we're talking about rape...it takes the woman's permission to have sex in the first place. So if both want to play at least one should have enough responsibilty to realize what might happen. Now the underage teen debate is another story where PP could play a role in education.

Last edited:

Whether you like it or not, your sister's actions affect your life. And, yours affect hers. And, we are each other's keepers.

The very foundation of our society is dependent on producing children who are capable of contributing to society, rather than leeching from it or destroying it.

When the child of an unwed mother who grew up in a shitty neighborhood without a dad in his home and in constant poverty robs your convenience store, you're damn well connected to her and not the island you imagine yourself to be.

fyi, via wiki:

Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare. Nixon described Title X funding as based on the premise that "no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition."[42]

Nixon wasn't all bad. :)

So, what you're suggesting is that there was an era in American history when unwed mothers didn't have babies and cause a burden to society?

Actually, I think the most responsible thing we could do, as a society, would be to prevent as many births to unwed mothers who don't want babies as possible, by multiple means.

If we really care about improving the quality of life in this country, reducing dependence on government in the long run, and reducing abortions, that is.

I'm suggesting responsibilty...not spin.

Whether you like it or not, your sister's actions affect your life. And, yours affect hers. And, we are each other's keepers.

The very foundation of our society is dependent on producing children who are capable of contributing to society, rather than leeching from it or destroying it.

When the child of an unwed mother who grew up in a shitty neighborhood without a dad in his home and in constant poverty robs your convenience store, you're damn well connected to her and not the island you imagine yourself to be.
Does it offend you that people think you should accept responsibility for your own mistakes? Get over yourself You are just not that important to my life nor is any of the stupid women who are to cheap to buy a fucking condom or to weak to not have sex without one.

Actually, I think the most responsible thing we could do, as a society, would be to prevent as many births to unwed mothers who don't want babies as possible, by multiple means.

I'm suggesting responsibilty...not spin.

I'm suggesting that the responsible course of action which is most likely to achieve the end results we all want (less poverty, less social instability, and lower rates of abortion) is providing access to low-cost or free birth control to women who are sexually active.

If you really want to reduce abortion, you should consider that the countries with the lowest rates of abortion have provided widespread access to low cost contraception.

Does it offend you that people think you should accept responsibility for your own mistakes? Get over yourself You are just not that important to my life nor is any of the stupid women who are to cheap to buy a fucking condom or to weak to not have sex without one.

Does it offend you that I think you are part of the underclass that is dragging us down as a nation, and thus, your proposed strategies would only result in more people like you?

Maybe we should pay for driver's ed. If a person can drive better than as a society there will be less fatalities and in the long run, we all benefit. Use tax payer dollars too. Where does individual responsibilty kick it for one's actions?

This is a hot-button issue since it involves the unborn. The arguments being offered can be used across a wide spectrum.

Last edited:

Does it offend you that I think you are part of the underclass that is dragging us down as a nation, and thus, your proposed strategies would only result in more people like you?

Of course you think there is a class system....Most ignorant progressives do.

Nonsense. Taxpayers, strangers, neighbors , Nobody is your "keeper" mindless parasite.

This is the problem. Stupid people like Thanatos think that stopping federal funding to PP means that they can stop poor women from having access to free BC. That is not up for debate, whether PP gets fed dollars or not, your state already funds BC for the poor.

Forum List

Back