Planned Parenthood caught trafficking in human body parts

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, this is as bad as it can get

Video catches Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts from illegal partial-birth abortions

An undercover video released this morning shows a national leader of Planned Parenthood admitting that the abortion provider uses the illegal partial birth abortion procedure to sell intact fetal body parts.

The average asking price for fetal body parts? Between $30 and $100 per specimen.

Dr. Deborah Nucatola has been senior director of medical services at Planned Parenthood since February 2009, where she oversees medical practices at all Planned Parenthood affiliates nationwide. She has been employed by Planned Parenthood for more than a decade. She also performs abortions up to 24 weeks in Los Angeles.

In the video, she met with investigators posing as buyers from a human biologic company on July 25, 2014.

While casually sipping wine and eating salad, Dr. Nucatola revealed that she charges $30 to $100 per specimen, and that fetal livers are especially in demand – although “a lot of people want intact hearts these days,” and she has had requests for lungs and “lower extremities.”

Planned Parenthood affiliates “absolutely” want to offer such organs, she said.

Nucatola admitted that Planned Parenthood's abortionists take great care not to appear to be profiteering off fetal body parts. She said, “They just want to do it in a way that is not perceived as, 'The clinic is selling tissue. This clinic is making money off of this.'”

The issue is not merely PR – there is also the little matter of federal law. Trafficking in human body parts is a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of $500,000.

BREAKING Undercover video catches Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts from illegal partial-birth abortions News LifeSite

Last edited:

Video catches Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts from illegal partial-birth abortions

An undercover video released this morning shows a national leader of Planned Parenthood admitting that the abortion provider uses the illegal partial birth abortion procedure to sell intact fetal body parts.

The average asking price for fetal body parts? Between $30 and $100 per specimen.

Dr. Deborah Nucatola has been senior director of medical services at Planned Parenthood since February 2009, where she oversees medical practices at all Planned Parenthood affiliates nationwide. She has been employed by Planned Parenthood for more than a decade. She also performs abortions up to 24 weeks in Los Angeles.

In the video, she met with investigators posing as buyers from a human biologic company on July 25, 2014.

While casually sipping wine and eating salad, Dr. Nucatola revealed that she charges $30 to $100 per specimen, and that fetal livers are especially in demand – although “a lot of people want intact hearts these days,” and she has had requests for lungs and “lower extremities.”

Nucatola admitted that Planned Parenthood's abortionists take great care not to appear to be profiteering off fetal body parts. She said, “They just want to do it in a way that is not perceived as, 'The clinic is selling tissue. This clinic is making money off of this.'”

The issue is not merely PR – there is also the little matter of federal law. Trafficking in human body parts is a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of $500,000.

BREAKING Undercover video catches Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts from illegal partial-birth abortions News LifeSite

Uh, the abortion was 'as bad as it can get.' Not the doing something necessary however unsavory with the corpus afterwords.

Breaking news? Chris Wallace's interview was from 2000. Here is an article this from 1987. Medical Use of Fetal Tissues Spurs New Abortion Debate - NYTimes.com

Great scoop there on a story that broke 28 years ago. How many lives have been saved because of the research done on this tissue?

And, no, it is not a crime to use this tissue in research.

I can't find anything about this online, except from every pro life web site on the planet.

When I back out of the outrage and hasty judgments the pro life industry wants me to have...I start to ask myself why this is different from people dying in traffic accidents and donating their organs.

I guess what pro lifers want implied here, is that Planned Parenthood is aborting fetuses, for parts, which would otherwise NOT have been aborted. I don't see any evidence that this is the case.

If you had a child born with a bad liver, or heart, wouldn't this be a good thing?

Just wait until Walker is elected President. He's already eliminated all state funding for Planned Parenthood in Wisconsin.
:banana:
"In the U.S., the use of fetal tissue is regulated by law to prevent abuse. For example, women who donate their aborted fetuses for research are required to give their free and informed consent, and must not be asked to donate until after they have already decided to have an abortion. Fears that women are being coerced into abortions solely to obtain fetal tissue are irrational and unfounded.

In Canada, no laws exist at present on the handling and use of fetal tissue (a law is currently on the drawing board), but strict ethical guidelines are enforced by several independent research councils. Research funding is provided only to individuals and institutions that certify compliance with the guidelines. These cover much the same ground as the U.S. laws, including the requirement for informed consent from women without interfering with their abortion decision, and the obtainment of tissue through non-commercial means.

Mod Edit:
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

More vicious lies from the Irish Lassie.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't find anything about this online, except from every pro life web site on the planet.

When I back out of the outrage and hasty judgments the pro life industry wants me to have...I start to ask myself why this is different from people dying in traffic accidents and donating their organs.

I guess what pro lifers want implied here, is that Planned Parenthood is aborting fetuses, for parts, which would otherwise NOT have been aborted. I don't see any evidence that this is the case.

If you had a child born with a bad liver, or heart, wouldn't this be a good thing?

So, was a serious crime committed and were any arrests made?

There is no difference and there is no "selling" of tissue or organs. The fees discussed are the cost of removing and preserving the tissue for research.

So, was a serious crime committed and were any arrests made?
What I gather from many of the pro life web sites reporting this is that "it will take a lot of pressure to bring consequences to bear"

Which has me guessing nobody has been arrested.

I'm also not really finding anything that gives details on this federal law in question, and connecting that to what PP is doing.

I've heard the word "profiteering" thrown around, but then we hear $20 for this and $30 for that. International organ traffickers make tens of thousands for their kidneys and livers.

I'm not finding anything rational being presented beyond all the hysteria and foregone conclusions they expect me to have

Just wait until Walker is elected President. He's already eliminated all state funding for Planned Parenthood in Wisconsin.
"In the U.S., the use of fetal tissue is regulated by law to prevent abuse. For example, women who donate their aborted fetuses for research are required to give their free and informed consent, and must not be asked to donate until after they have already decided to have an abortion. Fears that women are being coerced into abortions solely to obtain fetal tissue are irrational and unfounded.

In Canada, no laws exist at present on the handling and use of fetal tissue (a law is currently on the drawing board), but strict ethical guidelines are enforced by several independent research councils. Research funding is provided only to individuals and institutions that certify compliance with the guidelines. These cover much the same ground as the U.S. laws, including the requirement for informed consent from women without interfering with their abortion decision, and the obtainment of tissue through non-commercial means.

The only allegation currently under investigation by a U.S. Congressional committee is that two biomedical companies, acting as third parties in the collection of fetal tissue, are charging inflated handling fees to research institutions -- more than what is needed to cover costs. Let there be no doubt as to the unanimous pro-choice position on this -- if any type of illegal activity is happening -- and nothing has been proved as yet -- let's root it out and prosecute the perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law. [Ed note: In August 2001, these two companies and a Kansas abortion clinic were cleared of any wrongdoing, after an FBI investigation concluded no illegal activities had occurred].

As for the vicious gossip about doctors killing babies to "harvest" their organs, such hearsay is more suited to publication in the Weekly World News. These rumours originate from a single, anonymous source -- "Kelly," who claims to be a former worker at an organ donation company in Maryland. The scenes she describes constitute criminal behaviour, and a gross violation of medical ethics. If her claims are true, why is she hiding behind a pseudonym, instead of helping bring the perpetrators to justice? Why did she go to Life Dynamics with her "evidence", instead of the police? These stories and their source are simply not credible, and abortion providers are outraged by even the suggestion of such barbaric practices. [Ed note: In March 2000, in front of a Congressional committee, the stories of "Kelly" and Life Dynamics were completely discredited—"Kelly" was actually Lawrence Dean Alberty, a paid spy for Life Dynamics, and he and LDI apparently fabricated much of the "evidence".]"

The video says otherwise, dumb ass.

The only allegation currently under investigation by a U.S. Congressional committee is that two biomedical companies, acting as third parties in the collection of fetal tissue, are charging inflated handling fees to research institutions -- more than what is needed to cover costs. Let there be no doubt as to the unanimous pro-choice position on this -- if any type of illegal activity is happening -- and nothing has been proved as yet -- let's root it out and prosecute the perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law. [Ed note: In August 2001, these two companies and a Kansas abortion clinic were cleared of any wrongdoing, after an FBI investigation concluded no illegal activities had occurred].

As for the vicious gossip about doctors killing babies to "harvest" their organs, such hearsay is more suited to publication in the Weekly World News. These rumours originate from a single, anonymous source -- "Kelly," who claims to be a former worker at an organ donation company in Maryland. The scenes she describes constitute criminal behaviour, and a gross violation of medical ethics. If her claims are true, why is she hiding behind a pseudonym, instead of helping bring the perpetrators to justice? Why did she go to Life Dynamics with her "evidence", instead of the police? These stories and their source are simply not credible, and abortion providers are outraged by even the suggestion of such barbaric practices. [Ed note: In March 2000, in front of a Congressional committee, the stories of "Kelly" and Life Dynamics were completely discredited—"Kelly" was actually Lawrence Dean Alberty, a paid spy for Life Dynamics, and he and LDI apparently fabricated much of the "evidence".]"

The producers of the video, like you, are lying pieces of shit. It is not illegal to use fetal tissue in medical research. Since the video was taken a year ago and no one has been arrested to charged, pretty clear who is the dumbass here, Lassie.

http://www.ascb.org/newsfiles/fetaltissue.pdf

2. Is fetal tissue research legal?

Fetal tissue research is legal in the United States. Scientists have used fetal tissue in research since the 1930s. Human fetal kidney cells were used to develop the polio vaccine that led to the 1954 Nobel Prize in Medicine. In 1975, federal law was clarified to say such research is permitted if “conducted only in accordance with any applicable state or laws regarding such activities (45 C.F.R. 46, Sec. 210).” In 1993 Congress passed the National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act (Public Law 103- 43), formalizing President Clinton’s lifting of President Reagan’s 1988 moratorium on federal funding for fetal tissue transplantation research. The use of fetal tissue for other research purposes had not been affected by the 1988 ban. The 1993 Revitalization Act amended the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 289 et seq.) as follows: (1) In General – The Secretary may conduct or support research on transplantation of human fetal tissue for therapeutic purposes. (2) Source of Tissue – Human fetal tissue may be used in research carried out under paragraph (1) regardless of whether the tissue is obtained pursuant to a spontaneous or induced abortion or pursuant to a stillbirth.

3. Where do scientists get the tissue?

Scientists obtain fetal tissue for research purposes from a variety of sources including hospitals, nonprofit tissue banks (one of which is funded by the NIH), and, in some cases, abortion clinics.

Well, now we know why this is not found anywhere but pro life web sites. It's simply another example of throwing out words like "human trafficking" to make things sound horrific.

I for one, think it sounds like PP is providing a life saving resource for babies born with birth defects

It's all a moot point. Walker will completely defund Planned Parenthood, once he's sworn in.

It's all a moot point. Walker will completely defund Planned Parenthood, once he's sworn in.
A: He will not win. B: If he does, that would have to be passed by Congress and the Senate. C: There are no federal funds that go to PP that are used in abortion services so, if he guts that funding, it will only mean less services to women for cancer screening and birth control. The great reduction we have seen in teen pregnancies and abortions will suddenly reverse as women lose access to those non-abortion services.

A: He will not win. B: If he does, that would have to be passed by Congress and the Senate. C: There are no federal funds that go to PP that are used in abortion services so, if he guts that funding, it will only mean less services to women for cancer screening and birth control. The great reduction we have seen in teen pregnancies and abortions will suddenly reverse as women lose access to those non-abortion services.

You're so full of shit you stink

Forum List

Back