Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

Unions are not gov't agencies and have no right to auto-attach any part of ones wages but all union members are free to use their bank's BillPay service and ... it's FREE! The prob here isn't the oppression of union rights but rather your fear that given the option, people just won't pay.

Nobody can 'auto-attach' a voluntary without the OK of the employee.
They do here in PG County. Since it is mostly black no one dares to challenge.

What part of Canada is PG County?

Why is it the governments responsibility to do union deductions?

Let them set up voluntary bill pay through their bank.

Bill pay through your bank costs money. Payroll deduction costs zero for everyone. If my employees want a voluntary deduction made, they log-in to their account and set it up. Cost nothing for everybody.

That's not what the bills supporters are saying.

Republican supporters of the bill say they object to government payroll workers spending time deducting dues from union member paychecks.

House committee OKs anti-union bill to strip dues deduction - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge Louisiana News Weather Sports
If you really owned your own company, you would know that nothing is free...someone pays for everything...in either time or money.

BULL SHIT!!!! It's all electronic. The employees activate it. Cost NOTHING!!!!

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

I don't see a problem here, these people are so happy with their unions they will have no problem sitting down and writing a check every month. Or will they?

I don't see a problem here, these people are so happy with their unions they will have no problem sitting down and writing a check every month. Or will they?
It may depend on any new fangled benefits a better finance department can finance for Labor.

Why is it the governments responsibility to do union deductions?

Let them set up voluntary bill pay through their bank.

Bill pay through your bank costs money. Payroll deduction costs zero for everyone. If my employees want a voluntary deduction made, they log-in to their account and set it up. Cost nothing for everybody.

That's not what the bills supporters are saying.

Republican supporters of the bill say they object to government payroll workers spending time deducting dues from union member paychecks.

House committee OKs anti-union bill to strip dues deduction - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge Louisiana News Weather Sports
If you really owned your own company, you would know that nothing is free...someone pays for everything...in either time or money.

BULL SHIT!!!! It's all electronic. The employees activate it. Cost NOTHING!!!!

Again, if you really owned a business, you would know that nothing in business costs nothing. Electronic systems break down, data is entered wrong by employees, HR people spend time explaining the paperwork to set up the deductions, print or buy the forms that are signed for the deductions, all those deductions add hours to accounting and audit procedures. Payroll employees spent hours on the phone explaining deductions. IT people have to spend hours debugging the deduction system with every upgrade. Someone has to take the time to file the deduction paperwork. Someone has to take the time to shred that paperwork when the employee quits or retires. Someone has to print up a list to send to the union of all the changes in employment. Someone has to field questions from the union about discrepancy.

And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

And if you owned the business that you say you do, you'd have thought of them too.

It may depend on any new fangled benefits a better finance department can finance for Labor.

In reality the unions don't want the added cost of collections, it's so much easier just to deposit those checks from government. There's no reason governments should be collection agents for private unions.

Why is it ok for Firms to use funds to lobby elected representatives, that may impact the bottom line of employees and stockholders?

Because the First Amendment says they can, moron.
so, that same First Amendment should apply to the several citizens in the several States, grasshopper.

I have no idea what that gibberish is supposed to mean
it merely requires a clue and a Cause; shill for the right.
More gibberish.

In reality the unions don't want the added cost of collections, it's so much easier just to deposit those checks from government. There's no reason governments should be collection agents for private unions.
It could be free; but for a lack of interest on the part of the collective.

It may depend on any new fangled benefits a better finance department can finance for Labor

So it's better to write a check (which costs money), mail it (which costs money), or get a voluntary payroll deduction which costs everybody ZERO.

btw: Who the hell write checks anymore? Even my 87 year old Mother pays on-line.

So it's better to write a check (which costs money), mail it (which costs money), or get a voluntary payroll deduction which costs everybody ZERO.

btw: Who the hell write checks anymore? Even my 87 year old Mother pays on-line.

Well there ya go, they can pay on line and save the cost of postage.

BTW what have you got against the postal workers union?

Again, if you really owned a business, you would know that nothing in business costs nothing. Electronic systems break down, data is entered wrong by employees, HR people spend time explaining the paperwork to set up the deductions, print or buy the forms that are signed for the deductions, all those deductions add hours to accounting and audit procedures. Payroll employees spent hours on the phone explaining deductions. IT people have to spend hours debugging the deduction system with every upgrade. Someone has to take the time to file the deduction paperwork. Someone has to take the time to shred that paperwork when the employee quits or retires. Someone has to print up a list to send to the union of all the changes in employment. Someone has to field questions from the union about discrepancy.

And if you owned the business that you say you do, you'd have thought of them too.

Hello dinosaur, ever hear of redundancy?

Hello dinosaur, it's 2015, payroll departments are completely automated, as a matter of fact, my payroll department for 300+ employees is one person, and the ONLY reason she's there is fixing human error.

Unions don't deposit checks, it's electronic.

Having workers pay bank fees are what Republicans want.

Last edited:

Hello dinosaur, it's 2015, payroll departments are completely automated, as a matter of fact, my payroll department for 300+ employees is one person, and the ONLY reason she's there is fixing human error.

A whole 300 people?...How big do you think the payroll department is for the state of Louisiana? Do you think they are completely automated?

Or do you think they are a huge bureaucracy that have hard copies every form in triplicate?

Well there ya go, they can pay on line and save the cost of postage.

BTW what have you got against the postal workers union?

If you're not wealthy, paying on-line cost money.

The issue is forcing Union members to pay a fee to pay their dues.

What do Postal Workers have to do with this?

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

Good. Once that is passed and signed, then they can start working on a bill to ban automatic deduction of the rest of public dues (aka taxes) from our paychecks.

No more income tax withholding, Social Security withholding etc. You get the full amount your worked for, in every paycheck. "Net Pay" is the same as "Gross pay". And you write the checks yourself, to the various government agencies you owe taxes to, every two weeks (or whenever your paycheck comes). It will all come out exactly as it does today, won't it, liberals?

The only difference will be, for the first time the American people will witness firsthand how much they pay out of their own pockets, to support all the "free" stuff government hands out (which is the majority of the Federal budget).

And if you think they got a shock on Sept. 11, 2001, that's nothing compared to the nationwide shock they will get each time the get a paycheck... plus that notice of how much to pay to the government, in six or seven separate checks to six or seven different agencies.

It's the biggest single thing that can be done, to motivate the American people to start examining (most of them for the first time) just how much the government spends... and whose money they are spending. And the biggest thing that can be done to get them to rattle the doors of their representatives' offices and tell them what they think of so much money being spent out of THEIR pockets.

The huge government-uber-alles that kicked into high gear with the passage of the Federal Income Tax in 1913, and Automatic Withholding in the 1930s, will get jammed to a stop even more quickly, and returned back to the limited government the people authorized... which is about one-fifth the size of the present Borg.

A whole 300 people?...How big do you think the payroll department is for the state of Louisiana? Do you think they are completely automated?

Or do you think they are a huge bureaucracy that have hard copies every form in triplicate?

Yes. Every State is automated.

Good. Once that is passed and signed, then they can start working on a bill to ban automatic deduction of the rest of public dues (aka taxes) from our paychecks.

No more income tax withholding, Social Security withholding etc. You get the full amount your worked for, in every paycheck. "Net Pay" is the same as "Gross pay". And you write the checks yourself, to the various government agencies you owe taxes to, every two weeks (or whenever your paycheck comes). It will all come out exactly as it does today, won't it, liberals?

The only difference will be, for the first time the American people will witness firsthand how much they pay out of their own pockets, to support all the "free" stuff government hands out (which is the majority of the Federal budget).

And if you think they got a shock on Sept. 11, 2001, that's nothing compared to the nationwide shock they will get each time the get a paycheck... plus that notice of how much to pay to the government, in six or seven separate checks to six or seven different agencies.

It's the biggest single thing that can be done, to motivate the American people to start examining (most of them for the first time) just how much the government spends... and whose money they are spending. And the biggest thing that can be done to get them to rattle the doors of their representatives' offices and tell them what they think of so much money being spent out of THEIR pockets.

The huge government-uber-alles that kicked into high gear with the passage of the Federal Income Tax in 1913, and Automatic Withholding in the 1930s, will get jammed to a stop even more quickly, and returned back to the limited government the people authorized... which is about one-fifth the size of the present Borg.

And here we go with the bull-shit from little-asshole.

Hey little-asshole, how much did the big-bad feds take of your ?hard earned monies? for 2014?

Forum List

Back