Here's some 'Religious Freedom' for ya....

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Missouri Satanist: 72-hour waiting period for abortions violates my ‘sincerely held religious beliefs’

Missouri Satanist plans to challenge her state’s 72-hour waiting period for abortions by claiming the delay violates her religious beliefs.

The woman, identified only as Mary by her local Satanic Temple, said she regards the waiting period as “a state sanctioned attempt to discourage abortion” and plans to challenge the law on religious grounds, reported the Friendly Atheist blog.

The waiting period places an “unnecessary burden” on her religious belief that her body is subject to her will alone, she said.

“The waiting period interferes with the inviolability of my body and thereby imposes an unwanted and substantial burden on my sincerely held religious beliefs,” she said.

Her statements echo language in the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, under which Hobby Lobby claimed protection in its successful U.S. Supreme Court challenge to the Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate.

LOL - suck it, baby. Or dead baby, whichever....

He says the same thing pro aborts say. He just has a different reason. Pro aborts say it violates civil rights. No different. In many ways satanism is indistinguishable from liberalism.

Umm, I guess progs consider "satanists" to be a legitimate mainstream religious sect. It's not surprising that a satanist would consider the immediate murder of her unborn child to be a religious "right" guaranteed by the Constitution but that's the way the argument seems to be headed these days.

Umm, I guess progs consider "satanists" to be a legitimate mainstream religious sect. It's not surprising that a satanist would consider the immediate murder of her unborn child to be a religious "right" guaranteed by the Constitution but that's the way the argument seems to be headed these days.

A human sacrifice to Satan by May 1st is a big deal. (obviously) It's a satanic holiday. (May 1st)

A religion is a religion....nothing in the 1st amendment about how a religion has to be your interpretation of a "legitimate mainstream religious sect".

The post doesn't make much sense unless you consider the incredible bigotry and hatred the progs have for Christian Biblical values as well as Muslem's and the Koran. I guess the kicker is that a "satanist" opinion about abortion takes on the same value as a Christian's Biblical opinion of sodomy or the Koran's opinion of homosexuality. Another ludicrous hate filled prog idea busted.

It's not for you, me, the government or anyone else to say what is and isn't a legitimate religious sect.
Really? THINK AGAIN!
So you're for the government telling you what the approved religious holidays are? BTW, May 1st(Beltane) isn't a Satanic holiday, it's a neo-pagan one. Perhaps you should do some research before making foolish statements.
Beltane - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Wrong! IT IS MOST DEFINITELY A SATANIC HOLIDAY. WIKIPEDIA IS A JOKE.

It's not for you, me, the government or anyone else to say what is and isn't a legitimate religious sect.
Really? THINK AGAIN!
So you're for the government telling you what the approved religious holidays are? BTW, May 1st(Beltane) isn't a Satanic holiday, it's a neo-pagan one. Perhaps you should do some research before making foolish statements.
Beltane - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. HUMAN SACRIFICE ON MAY 1ST IS CUSTOMARY FOR SATANISTS!

Forum List

Back