Pitbulls...

My wife and I was was attacked at a car lot by a rottwiler, both of us were bit multible times, mine required stitches, luckily the owner of the dog was there to pull him off me. Off course he said he was surpised that the dog attacked . the dog never barked once. Then we found out that the dog did not have its rabie shots up to date and had attacked two other people. We had to sue the owner for the emergency room bills. The dog was finally put down by the owner, he could not afford any more law suits.

I have absolutley no use for Rottwilers, Pit bulls, chows and other agreesive breeds. If they come onto to my prperty or threaten me or mine in anyway, I will shoot them down. Take that to the bank.

I got a pal who was a mailman for 20 years....got attacked by two dobermans....they were literally ripping him apart....he shit himself it was so bad...luckily he kept his feet under him and his chin on his chest to take the bites in the face instead of his throat. Once again, the owner claimed they were "sweet babies who'd never done anything like that before"....he got a settlement of over $200K and the scars to prove it....they bit his junk so many times he can't perform for his wife anymore. The owner was cited, paid a small fine and agreed to have the beasts put down...that's it. The insurance paid the settlement and the owner later had two new doberman pups in his yard.

Yep, that's what you hear all the time, they are so sweet and good natured, and then they do things like this. Such dog breeds should not be allowed to live witin average communities. I would not live near anyone who had a pit-bull, Doberman or Rottweiler. First, I think people who own these kinds of animals have serious personal issues, and second, I would know I, my family, and my pets would all be at risk because of these animals.

I don't shit on what I don't know. 5 years of working with one of the best canine training facilities in the US taught me plenty.

But don't get pissy when your bullshit is called out. There are millions of pit bulls in the US and the overwhelming majority never cause any "mayhem". Using sensationalistic press releases as evidence of an entire breed shows your "knowledge".

"pissy"? Listen Alice....you have no idea what a LRRP dog is trained to do, loves doing, and is quite adapt at doing. You're a civilian...you think this is all one big AKA discussion about "tendencies"....fuck that. You got manhood problems....that's for sure, and no dog can solve that for you....I suggest you stick with cats...more your speed, Alice. :lol:

You assume a lot, don't you Sally? It is not about proving my manhood. If you need to prove it you ain't got it. And I know full well what a LRRP dog is trained to do. I also know what all canines respond to, and that is just what I stated.

I'll stick with my dogs. But I will also always be in control of them and I will have them as pets not as protection. I am better protection for my home than a dog ever could be.

You came out of a bag at me, Alice....you want to get rough, here I am...but understand you don't know shit about how to keep control of a dog who's trained to kill...not restrain, not incapacitate....kill. Military K-9 teams don't operate like your local police SWAT units do...these are dogs you must constantly physically dominate...picking them up over your head is SOP....now you know and don't have to sound stupid next time. Damn.....stick your face on the pup's neck and growl? :lol: Run along, Alice...this thread might just save somebody's ass if you'd stop butting in.

Here is some excellent info concerning pits:

According to the CDC, pits are not the terror people think. I trust the CDC over the anecdotal evidence and sensationalistic news media.

From the linked website:
"What’s the take home message of all this? It’s important to question statistics related to how many pit bulls there are in the United States and how often they bite for all the reasons listed above. And, if you’re in need of some positive statistics, consider this: Temperament evaluations by the American Temperament Test Society give American Pit Bull Terriers an extremely high passing rate of 82.6 percent. The average passing rate for the other 121 breeds of dogs tested was 77 percent. Pit bulls share their homes with all types of people – from celebrities to senators to everyday families like you and me. They work as search and rescue dogs, therapy dogs and service dogs, and they are our faithful companions and best friends."

Just thumbing through some stats - pit bulls are by far the most dangerous dogs and account for the most attacks.

I still cant find the % of pit bulls who actually end up attacking though.

"pissy"? Listen Alice....you have no idea what a LRRP dog is trained to do, loves doing, and is quite adapt at doing. You're a civilian...you think this is all one big AKA discussion about "tendencies"....fuck that. You got manhood problems....that's for sure, and no dog can solve that for you....I suggest you stick with cats...more your speed, Alice. :lol:

You assume a lot, don't you Sally? It is not about proving my manhood. If you need to prove it you ain't got it. And I know full well what a LRRP dog is trained to do. I also know what all canines respond to, and that is just what I stated.

I'll stick with my dogs. But I will also always be in control of them and I will have them as pets not as protection. I am better protection for my home than a dog ever could be.

You came out of a bag at me, Alice....you want to get rough, here I am...but understand you don't know shit about how to keep control of a dog who's trained to kill...not restrain, not incapacitate....kill. Military K-9 teams don't operate like your local police SWAT units do...these are dogs you must constantly physically dominate...picking them up over your head is SOP....now you know and don't have to sound stupid next time. Damn.....stick your face on the pup's neck and growl? :lol: Run along, Alice...this thread might just save somebody's ass if you'd stop butting in.

I came out of a bag at you because of your statement condemning all pit bulls. That is pure bullshit. Generalizations like that typically are.

As for the face in the neck and growling, that is what canines do to establish dominance. Every dog on the planet understands that. It is based on their instincts. How an attack dog is handled is completely different. If we had been discussing how you handle a dog that is trained to kill and is always aggressive, you are the expert. But we weren't. We were discussing pets in average homes.

So what do you do if you're about to set upon by a dog intent on fucking you up? Depends on the circumstances, surroundings, and dog of course. Nobody should have to take the bites waiting for the owner (if they're present) to stop it. You have every right to do grievous harm to a dog intent on doing grievous harm to you regardless of the circustances. It's best to keep your self-interest in mind when you're most vulnerable...like out for a run or riding a bicycle. I always carry a knife I can open with one hand...should I need it, I will and have used it. Most dogs are stupid....wag your cap at them and when they clamp down on it, you attack....you only have one shot because the cap ain't the taste they're after. Most dogs have a collar on....grab em by the collar and lift them off the ground....now the fucker is at your mercy....you can take it to water and drown it, throw it over a fence, or punch the shit out it with it's paws dangling in the air.....I'll run my blade through one of it's eyes and scramble it's brains....if the owner is watching, more the better. My friends tend to put Rover away when Kurtz comes around. :)

If you are attacked by a normally sweet and gentle dog, you are in the fight of your life and you will probably lose.

There is no difference between a sweet and gentle dog who, for some reason, just goes off and that helpful and caring father who shoots up an office building.

I always carry a knife too, that I can open with one hand. I have a Boker Kalishnakov automatic. One button.

One thing to keep in mind about dog attacks is, they aren't like what you think they are like. A dog in attack mode is incredibly fast, like lightening. A dog attack is measured in seconds. As far as grabbing the collar of a pit bull and pulling them off, it won't work, not with pit bulls. They have incredibly strong neck muscles and won't even notice. Since they don't let go, a tractor pulling the dog off you, will probably drag you along for the ride. You might imagine that you could lift a pit bull with one hand and leave its paws dangling in the air, but your imagination is as far as that will go. You best chance is the knife, if you can get to it.

In this case, the dog was already observed to be acting aggressively. Normally sweet and gentle dogs do not act aggressively without any cause. If I were there, I'd be looking at the son to see if he left any of his personal drugs lying around.

Good grief....everybody is an expert eh? :lol: Suffice to say, I've been trained how to fight a dog, have fought a dog, have done exactly as I wrote, and won the fight. Let's get real here....I don't need any amateur advice and neither do the readers. What I've said so far is far from the only advice I have should you encounter a menacing dog. Suffice to say, fighting a dog requires ONE technique that almost always works...if you have 3 or 4, you'll probably freeze doing nothing....I told you mine. I don't try to kick a dog. I don't try to yell, stand tall, wave my arms, or do the Bugaloo.....And if one reader here is paying attention, they won't have to feel completely helpless should they be attacked...that's what I'm about in this thread.

Last edited:
No one knows why a dog would go haywire and start attacking. It could be something as common as something they ate. Particularly today when the use of illicit drugs is common, a dog could get into a stash, or someone might give the dog something as a joke. Sometimes the dog just goes off on its own. If you have ever been at a shelter where dogs that have attacked people are, you would not believe they could do it. They are as peaceful and calm as they always were.

Some dogs are just unpredictable. Pit bulls, Chows and Shar Peis are among the most likely do be unpredictable. For outright viciousness, it is the Chihuahua. They bite first. I would never allow a child to be around a Chihuahua.

Chihuahuas may bite, but they don't kill.

So what do you do if you're about to set upon by a dog intent on fucking you up? Depends on the circumstances, surroundings, and dog of course. Nobody should have to take the bites waiting for the owner (if they're present) to stop it. You have every right to do grievous harm to a dog intent on doing grievous harm to you regardless of the circustances. It's best to keep your self-interest in mind when you're most vulnerable...like out for a run or riding a bicycle. I always carry a knife I can open with one hand...should I need it, I will and have used it. Most dogs are stupid....wag your cap at them and when they clamp down on it, you attack....you only have one shot because the cap ain't the taste they're after. Most dogs have a collar on....grab em by the collar and lift them off the ground....now the fucker is at your mercy....you can take it to water and drown it, throw it over a fence, or punch the shit out it with it's paws dangling in the air.....I'll run my blade through one of it's eyes and scramble it's brains....if the owner is watching, more the better. My friends tend to put Rover away when Kurtz comes around. :)

If you are attacked by a normally sweet and gentle dog, you are in the fight of your life and you will probably lose.

There is no difference between a sweet and gentle dog who, for some reason, just goes off and that helpful and caring father who shoots up an office building.

I always carry a knife too, that I can open with one hand. I have a Boker Kalishnakov automatic. One button.

One thing to keep in mind about dog attacks is, they aren't like what you think they are like. A dog in attack mode is incredibly fast, like lightening. A dog attack is measured in seconds. As far as grabbing the collar of a pit bull and pulling them off, it won't work, not with pit bulls. They have incredibly strong neck muscles and won't even notice. Since they don't let go, a tractor pulling the dog off you, will probably drag you along for the ride. You might imagine that you could lift a pit bull with one hand and leave its paws dangling in the air, but your imagination is as far as that will go. You best chance is the knife, if you can get to it.

In this case, the dog was already observed to be acting aggressively. Normally sweet and gentle dogs do not act aggressively without any cause. If I were there, I'd be looking at the son to see if he left any of his personal drugs lying around.

Good grief....everybody is an expert eh? :lol: Suffice to say, I've been trained how to fight a dog, have fought a dog, have done exactly as I wrote, and won the fight. Let's get real here....I don't need any amateur advice and neither do the readers. What I've said so far is far from the only advice I have should you encounter a menacing dog. Suffice to say, fighting a dog requires ONE technique that almost always works...if you have 3 or 4, you'll probably freeze doing nothing....I told you mine. I don't try to kick a dog. I don't try to yell, stand tall, wave my arms, or do the Bugaloo.....And if one reader here is paying attention, they won't have to feel completely helpless should they be attacked...that's what I'm about in this thread.

Funny, the experts seem to agree with me. Leerburg | What Would I Do if Attacked by a Dog?

Also, do you really think everyone reading his is capable of lifting an attacking dog off the ground by its collar? Do you think they are quick enough to reach and grab the collar without ending up losing their hands?

Funny, the experts seem to agree with me. Leerburg | What Would I Do if Attacked by a Dog?

Also, do you really think everyone reading his is capable of lifting an attacking dog off the ground by its collar? Do you think they are quick enough to reach and grab the collar without ending up losing their hands?

How many of your "experts" have fought a dog, and trained others to fight a dog, Alice? I have...you got an expert you're trying to dominate for whatever petty reasons.... who cares? If you can't lift a 40 lb Pit off the ground with one arm you best get to a gym.

Incidentally, to readers without this fool's problem, once the dog is off the ground, brace the elbow on your hip....even if the dog weighs a hundred pounds this gives you a minute or two to plot your next move.....I'm ending it's life....you might want to do one of the alternatives I mentioned....around city streets you can always fling it out into traffic...no mercy, that's how you deal with Fido.

Last edited:

You are one sicko pup yourself. I suspect you're lying but if you really are going around stabbing dogs to death, I hope you get caught and go to jail for a long time because you're just not wrapped too tight.

Having said that, people know there are nutters like you running loose. There are nutters who kill cats just to be killing cats. Sickos like you.

The responsibility lies with the owner to keep their dogs behind a fence or in a yard and their cats inside their home.

I'm not an amateur. I am a pet care professional who has received training in pet care. A pet dog, a family dog is NOT TRAINED to fight anyone. For whatever reason, they simply go off. They do it suddenly, most of the time not even acting in a menacing manner. They are very fast, since a random attack is not part of a training exercise, the victim is caught totally unaware and as easily taken as the victims of the "trained" Ft. Hood victims were when attacked by Nidal Hassan. If you want to only use trained combat fighters, a dog attack is as sudden and unknown as an insider attack in Fallujah.

If you are confronted by a menacing dog, you can act. You can act only because the dog has not yet made up its mind. It is menacing, thinking about it, wondering what you will do. A dog in sudden attack is not contemplating what you will do. It merely attacks, and very very quickly.

Waving your arms and standing tall is used for bears, it doesn't work on dogs. In Los Angeles, we hear that every day, since we have both bears and coyotes. People have to be continually reminded that standing tall and waving arms doesn't work on coyotes.

No one knows why a dog would go haywire and start attacking. It could be something as common as something they ate. Particularly today when the use of illicit drugs is common, a dog could get into a stash, or someone might give the dog something as a joke. Sometimes the dog just goes off on its own. If you have ever been at a shelter where dogs that have attacked people are, you would not believe they could do it. They are as peaceful and calm as they always were.

Some dogs are just unpredictable. Pit bulls, Chows and Shar Peis are among the most likely do be unpredictable. For outright viciousness, it is the Chihuahua. They bite first. I would never allow a child to be around a Chihuahua.

Chihuahuas may bite, but they don't kill.

They're usually on the other end of attacks.

Two pit bulls euthanized after killing Chihuahua in attack in Harrisburg, police say | PennLive.com

Two pit bulls were euthanized Thursday after they attacked and killed a 10-year-old Chihuahua in Harrisburg, according to city police.

A police officer also fired two gunshots at the pit bulls and injured one after the dogs were seen acting aggressively, according to police. The dogs were eventually seized in the 1600 block of North 4th Street.

The incident started around 4:11 a.m. The dogs freed themselves from their yard and entered a neighbor's yard in the 300 block of Hamilton Street.

Its humans who have ruined the pit breed. The worst thing that can happen to a dog breed is to become popular. Back yard breeders think they'll make easy money off the back of the latest fad breed and end up wrecking the breed. So called "reputable" breeders are just as bad. They breed to a "standard" that has nothing to do with what's best for the breed or the people they sell their puppies to.

Bullshit.

I hope you remember that when your face is chewed off by your sweet loving puppy.

I hope he does...fuckin moron needs a lesson taught...pain is a great teacher.

:lol:

You haven't walked in my shoes..and I haven't walked in yours.

I ain't making any assumptions about you.

You are showing your stupidity by telling me how to walk in my shoes, or making guesses about where I've traveled, ace.

One of the best places to go foro n a dog that is attacking you is their feet. Granted, this assumes you will be bitten, but when you are being attacked a few bites are going to happen.

Stay on your feet. Keep facing the dog. Make noise and try to look as big as possible. Any weapon is a plus.

Trying to look as big as possible doesn't work on dogs. Dogs are not intimidated by size, they just adjust their attack.

But, chihuahua's do get shot -

Chihuahua fatally shot, cops say neighbor felt dog was attacking - Fox 2 News Headlines

DETROIT (WJBK) -

A 14-year-old says her Chihuahua, named JoJo, was shot and killed by a neighbor Tuesday afternoon on Asbury Park on Detroit's west side.

The teen said she let her one-year-old dog out, then went inside. When she came back out, her neighbor told her to put her dog in the house.

"When he saw my dog running out of the bushes, [he said], 'I'm going to handle him myself,' and then I guess my dog had run back up on him again, and he just shot him," the owner explained.

However, the neighbor has a license to carry, and police say he told them he felt he was being attacked by the dog that wasn't on a leash.

"[He] couldn't have [felt] threatened at all by this little Chihuahua," said the dog's owner. "[The] dog is not big at all."

Read more: Chihuahua fatally shot, cops say neighbor felt dog was attacking - Fox 2 News Headlines

The teenage owner should be glad this dunderhead didn't shoot her as well. But, the dog should have been leashed.

. I suspect you're lying but if you really are going around stabbing dogs to death, I hope you get caught and go to jail for a long time because you're just not wrapped too tight.

Having said that, people know there are nutters like you running loose. There are nutters who kill cats just to be killing cats. Sickos like you.

The responsibility lies with the owner to keep their dogs behind a fence or in a yard and their cats inside their home.

:lol: Never killed a cat although I once faced down a mountain lion up in the Superstitions....I could have just shot it but that would have put the DNR bleeding hearts on my trail so I just moved out of the path he was on and he boogied on.....you never want to bend over if it's a cougar....even if you've dropped your weapon...that's a prey-trigger....they'll jump you in a heartbeat....but back to dogs, especially the German breeds....avoid eye-contact with a menacing dog.....same as fighting a human....keep your focus on the chest...that moves, REACT but not until that moves.....some dogs, like goldies and collies like to growl and fake-charge but really have no idea what to do next.....I won't harm a moron dog.....don't turn your back on a German Shepherd...they're known to let you pass and grab you from behind.

How many of your "experts" have fought a dog, and trained others to fight a dog, Alice? I have...you got an expert you're trying to dominate for whatever petty reasons.... who cares? If you can't lift a 40 lb Pit off the ground with one arm you best get to a gym.

Incidentally, to readers without this fool's problem, once the dog is off the ground, brace the elbow on your hip....even if the dog weighs a hundred pounds this gives you a minute or two to plot your next move.....I'm ending it's life....you might want to do one of the alternatives I mentioned....around city streets you can always fling it out into traffic...no mercy, that's how you deal with Fido.

Dude.

"Plot your next move"?

Have you ever been in a real fight?

Seriously?

Dude.

"Plot your next move"?

Have you ever been in a real fight?

Seriously?

"a minute or two"?

He's just another blowhard who mixed a few facts in with his tall tales (facing down a mountain lion). I're read other things he's written and thought he was lying.

I wouldn't want to leave him alone with children.

Forum List

Back