Pitbulls...

Pit Bulls are the "Breed du Jour" to beat up on.

I know plenty of pit bull owners that never had trouble with their dogs.

Generally if you dig a bit into the stories? You find that the dog was abused at some point. Not necessarily by the present owner.

No you don't...because nobody has a Pit with innocent intentions....they like it that their dog makes others uptight....they like it that their Pit is their security blanket, and they know if the fucker messes somebody up they can claim "Killer was only defending us"...Uh huh. Cowards every one of them....what kind of man would leave their family at the mercy of a dog who might go haywire on them out of the clear blue? I got rid of my German Shepherds when I started a family....while they were growing up, I continuously picked them up over my head to remind them who was Alapha Dog and who wasn't. Still, they were very aggressive to strangers as much as I tried to dissuade them from acting like that. I couldn't trust them so they went to a farm to live....but only on the condition they never be put on a chain....put a German Shepherd on a chain for two weeks and you have a problem dog in two weeks. Bottom line? Don't get involved in a breed big enough to kill you and yours unless you can spend an hour a day with him to notice if his behavior is changing....you can have a real tragedy on your hands in a matter of seconds with these breeds.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Generally if you dig a bit into the stories? You find that the dog was abused at some point. Not necessarily by the present owner.

No you don't...because nobody has a Pit with innocent intentions....they like it that their dog makes others uptight....they like it that their Pit is their security blanket, and they know if the fucker messes somebody up they can claim "Killer was only defending us"...Uh huh. Cowards every one of them....what kind of man would leave their family at the mercy of a dog who might go haywire on them out of the clear blue? I got rid of my German Shepherds when I started a family....while they were growing up, I continuously picked them up over my head to remind them who was Alapha Dog and who wasn't. Still, they were very aggressive to strangers as much as I tried to dissuade them from acting like that. I couldn't trust them so they went to a farm to live....but only on the condition they never be put on a chain....put a German Shepherd on a chain for two weeks and you have a problem dog in two weeks. Bottom line? Don't get involved in a breed big enough to kill you and yours unless you can spend an hour a day with him to notice if his behavior is changing....you can have a real tragedy on your hands in a matter of seconds with these breeds.

Don't tell me what I know and I don't know.

I have a friend with 2 HUGE pits. Neither one of them is aggressive. And his intention in owning them? They were discarded by a guy who didn't think they would eat so much.

Both are sweet dogs.

So you know everyone who owns a pit? This is just bullshit based on hysteria.

Are there plenty of owners who fit your statement? Sure. Is it every pit owner? No even close. My daughter's pit is a sweet, loving dog. My lab/basset hound mix is the alpha when they play. Her dog is a 75lb wannabe lap dog.

Also, I am not sure why you think lifting a dog over your head shows him you are the alpha, but it is a strange idea. Every dog I have owned gets the same treatment to show who is in charge. I roll them on their back, put my face on their neck and growl. I do it when they are puppies and every few years as they grow up. I have never owned a dog that would not do what I told it to do. The most difficult dog (as far as listening) I have owned was a Walker Coonhound. She, like all my dogs, was a rescue. Hunting hounds tend to be way more independent.

Last edited:
No one knows why a dog would go haywire and start attacking. It could be something as common as something they ate. Particularly today when the use of illicit drugs is common, a dog could get into a stash, or someone might give the dog something as a joke. Sometimes the dog just goes off on its own. If you have ever been at a shelter where dogs that have attacked people are, you would not believe they could do it. They are as peaceful and calm as they always were.

Some dogs are just unpredictable. Pit bulls, Chows and Shar Peis are among the most likely do be unpredictable. For outright viciousness, it is the Chihuahua. They bite first. I would never allow a child to be around a Chihuahua.

I have a friend with 2 HUGE pits. Neither one of them is aggressive. And his intention in owning them? They were discarded by a guy who didn't think they would eat so much.

Both are sweet dogs.

They are ALL sweet dogs. Most of the time the dogs who maul or kill someone is, and was, at all times, a very sweet gentle dog. Until they aren't any more. After the attack, they go back to being sweet and gentle dogs.

Pit Bulls used to be called Nanny Dogs and cared for children. What is it that would drive a normally sweet and gentle dog to a single act of mindless violence? We don't know. I am not one to condemn an entire breed to extinction because some have an anomaly. Find out what caused it would be a far better method of dealing with canine violence.

So what do you do if you're about to set upon by a dog intent on fucking you up? Depends on the circumstances, surroundings, and dog of course. Nobody should have to take the bites waiting for the owner (if they're present) to stop it. You have every right to do grievous harm to a dog intent on doing grievous harm to you regardless of the circustances. It's best to keep your self-interest in mind when you're most vulnerable...like out for a run or riding a bicycle. I always carry a knife I can open with one hand...should I need it, I will and have used it. Most dogs are stupid....wag your cap at them and when they clamp down on it, you attack....you only have one shot because the cap ain't the taste they're after. Most dogs have a collar on....grab em by the collar and lift them off the ground....now the fucker is at your mercy....you can take it to water and drown it, throw it over a fence, or punch the shit out it with it's paws dangling in the air.....I'll run my blade through one of it's eyes and scramble it's brains....if the owner is watching, more the better. My friends tend to put Rover away when Kurtz comes around. :)

No one knows why a dog would go haywire and start attacking. It could be something as common as something they ate. Particularly today when the use of illicit drugs is common, a dog could get into a stash, or someone might give the dog something as a joke. Sometimes the dog just goes off on its own. If you have ever been at a shelter where dogs that have attacked people are, you would not believe they could do it. They are as peaceful and calm as they always were.

Some dogs are just unpredictable. Pit bulls, Chows and Shar Peis are among the most likely do be unpredictable. For outright viciousness, it is the Chihuahua. They bite first. I would never allow a child to be around a Chihuahua.

Not always true. I have had Chis for years including when my son was born. I have found them to be loyal and protective. If this were the pic thread I would share, a lot of love and gentle caring from these dogs to my boy. These were rescues to boot! Depends on how a person raises and treats the dogs and how I taught my son to respect and treat them as well.

Both are sweet dogs.

They are ALL sweet dogs. Most of the time the dogs who maul or kill someone is, and was, at all times, a very sweet gentle dog. Until they aren't any more. After the attack, they go back to being sweet and gentle dogs.

Pit Bulls used to be called Nanny Dogs and cared for children. What is it that would drive a normally sweet and gentle dog to a single act of mindless violence? We don't know. I am not one to condemn an entire breed to extinction because some have an anomaly. Find out what caused it would be a far better method of dealing with canine violence.

I think most of the problem is that people get a dog and don't give it the attention and training it needs. They like having a dog for a few hours a week, and the rest of the time they are too busy to be bothered. They should have gotten a goldfish.

My next door neighbor had a albino pit bull named igloo. He brought it home as a puppy. We played with that dog all the time, until he started getting too agressive, one day I was cooking on the grill and brought igloo a couple of hot dogs to give him over the fence, the dog just went insane and tried to get at me through the fence. I had known this dog since he was a pup. he was never abused or treated badly. My nieghbor had to take him to the pound because the dog started to scare him and his pregnant wife. I have absolutley no use for pit bulls.

Why does everyone keep bringing up kids? The woman in the OP story is 56 years old.

And if she was stupid enough to own a pit bull then IMO there are plenty of other 'victims' I don't know in the news that are far more worthy of my sympathies.

Not always true. I have had Chis for years including when my son was born. I have found them to be loyal and protective. If this were the pic thread I would share, a lot of love and gentle caring from these dogs to my boy. These were rescues to boot! Depends on how a person raises and treats the dogs and how I taught my son to respect and treat them as well.

All breeds have different attributes and characteristics. Chihuahuas tend to be far more high strung than many breeds. That is a characteristic that you have to take into account when you own them. Pits have a very high pain tolerance and very, very strong jaw muscles. THIS means if the do attack, the results tend to me more horrific. That tends to make the news.

I like what you said about it depending on how a person raises the dogs and treats the dogs.

I have been bitten by a dog only once. It was a golden retriever.

So what do you do if you're about to set upon by a dog intent on fucking you up? Depends on the circumstances, surroundings, and dog of course. Nobody should have to take the bites waiting for the owner (if they're present) to stop it. You have every right to do grievous harm to a dog intent on doing grievous harm to you regardless of the circustances. It's best to keep your self-interest in mind when you're most vulnerable...like out for a run or riding a bicycle. I always carry a knife I can open with one hand...should I need it, I will and have used it. Most dogs are stupid....wag your cap at them and when they clamp down on it, you attack....you only have one shot because the cap ain't the taste they're after. Most dogs have a collar on....grab em by the collar and lift them off the ground....now the fucker is at your mercy....you can take it to water and drown it, throw it over a fence, or punch the shit out it with it's paws dangling in the air.....I'll run my blade through one of it's eyes and scramble it's brains....if the owner is watching, more the better. My friends tend to put Rover away when Kurtz comes around. :)

You sound like an untamed pit bull.

My next door neighbor had a albino pit bull named igloo. He brought it home as a puppy. We played with that dog all the time, until he started getting too agressive, one day I was cooking on the grill and brought igloo a couple of hot dogs to give him over the fence, the dog just went insane and tried to get at me through the fence. I had known this dog since he was a pup. he was never abused or treated badly. My nieghbor had to take him to the pound because the dog started to scare him and his pregnant wife. I have absolutley no use for pit bulls.

Because of one experience?

Do you believe in math?

What percentage of pit bulls attack humans?

So you know everyone who owns a pit? This is just bullshit based on hysteria.

Are there plenty of owners who fit your statement? Sure. Is it every pit owner? No even close. My daughter's pit is a sweet, loving dog. My lab/basset hound mix is the alpha when they play. Her dog is a 75lb wannabe lap dog.

Also, I am not sure why you think lifting a dog over your head shows him you are the alpha, but it is a strange idea. Every dog I have owned gets the same treatment to show who is in charge. I roll them on their back, put my face on their neck and growl. I do it when they are puppies and every few years as they grow up. I have never owned a dog that would not do what I told it to do. The most difficult dog (as far as listening) I have owned was a Walker Coonhound. She, like all my dogs, was a rescue. Hunting hounds tend to be way more independent.

Yeah, I know every single Pitbull owner...you idiot. As a man becomes an adult, he forms opinions based on experience...in my experience your wonderful loving Pits are capable of MAYHEM for no reason....no other dog (with few exceptions) have that kind of short-circuit potential. Why lift the Shepherds over my head? From being on a LRRP team in Vietnam and having months of experience with K-9 handlers.....don't shit on what you don't know, fool....it'll bite your ass every single time.

Forum List

Back