Pitbulls...

Discussion in 'Pets' started by mal, Nov 13, 2013.

1. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,257
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,037
    what a horrible story.....i own dobermans....i cannot imagine my dog attacking me....i could wrap my arm in bacon and he might nibble a bit....but to do this....

3. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,257
    "Still, pit bulls, although they have legions of admirers, have killed and maimed countless times before. The most recent pit bull death occurred last week in Kernersville, N.C., when 25-year-old Katherine Atkins was set upon by her two dogs while she was attempting to feed them. She had owned the dogs since they were puppies, Kernersville police said.

And last month, 5-year-old Jason Ryan, of Baker City, Ore., was set upon by a neighbor's pit bull. He died in the ambulance. In September, two toddlers were mauled to death by pit bulls, one in Colton, Calif., the other in Gilbert, Ariz."

^That's what's troubling to me... And it's not just Pitbulls that I don't Trust around my kids, I don't Trust any Dogs around my Kids.

I have Personally known (2) Girls who have been Permanently Scared in the Face by Family Dogs and one of my Wife's Teammates a few years back had their German Shepherd attack their Baby...

Sick thing in that Case, the Police allowed the Dog to stay and the "Man" of the House won out of the Wife about the Dog staying... The dog remains in the Home.

I just don't Trust Animals... I understand the Appeal, but the Attacks I have seen in my Life leave me with little want or need to Expose Defenseless Children to them.

Hell, look what these Dogs have done to their Adult Owners?

To each their own, I just don't Trust Animals.

:)

peace...

4. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,037
    o hush i already got my dob on lock down due to problems with the neighboring kids....he went over and amused himself by barking at the kids at the damn bus stop till they ran home crying....i got a phone call immediately and i was glad to get that over a gunshot.....and then a phone call...i never leave any of my dogs with small kids.....never....i just dont like the chances or the odds...the kid aint gonna win

plus thor does this typical doberman thing where he can whip his body back and forth....in the air....its like a bowling ball when he hits a small group of kids....they just fly this way and that....so its best for him to not be around kids....

my dogs are on lock down from 7 am to 7:30 am and then 3 pm to 3:30 pm and any other time the neighbors are having parties etc...we all have dogs.....just about everyone on the creek has dogs...so we work hard to keep the peace

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,257
    I grew up with dogs... Had a Shar Pei last... I was about 16... She was Family. Her name was Mink. I don't Hate animals, quite the contrary... Wish I was so deathly allergic to cats... But when it comes to kids and animals, I am hard line on that.

I'll send you something PM...

peace...

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,037
    no parent should put a child at risk...leaving kids alone with any sized dog is a risk..but with a large dog...that can do damage in seconds its just foolish...

7. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,583
    My daughter has a pit bull. Biggest baby ever. Very sweet dog.

That said, he is also strong has hell, has a super high pain tolerance, and is very protective of his owner. All typical pit attributes.

It takes a better owner for a pit than for a lab or basset hound. Pity so many owners are not up to the task.

8. BullKurtz

BullKurtz BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,945
    The statistics don't lie....Pits kill on the average of 66 humans a year, over double the number Rottweillers kill....Rotties are notorious for years of being docile and then suddenly exploding into a murderous attack on whoever is handy. Dobermans are way down on the list at 17. I'd link my numbers but I can't find the article....it was written by a veternarian with no agenda, just a heads-up on dangerous breeds. I consider being menaced by an aggressive dog the same as pointing a pistol at me....I make it vividly clear to the owner I will cut their dog's throat....and then beat the living shit out of them for instigating the attack.

9. NLT

NLT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,094
    My wife and I was was attacked at a car lot by a rottwiler, both of us were bit multible times, mine required stitches, luckily the owner of the dog was there to pull him off me. Off course he said he was surpised that the dog attacked . the dog never barked once. Then we found out that the dog did not have its rabie shots up to date and had attacked two other people. We had to sue the owner for the emergency room bills. The dog was finally put down by the owner, he could not afford any more law suits.

I have absolutley no use for Rottwilers, Pit bulls, chows and other agreesive breeds. If they come onto to my prperty or threaten me or mine in anyway, I will shoot them down. Take that to the bank.

10. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,257
    I can tell you this, if a dog attacked any of my Children it would not Live and the Owners would have VERY Serious Issues with me.

You take the Responsibility of the Animal when you Decide to make it your Pet.

ALL of it's Actions.

Reminds me of the dbags to the South of me with the Yappy little dogs... Real Fuckstains...

Westminster Animal Control paid them a visit a few years ago and found they were not tagged or had shots...

Guy has the balls to ask me if I called them because "it cost me a lot money to get that shit done, man"... Yeah?... Fuck you. :thup:

He's a former Sureño and I had a DPD GU Officer in my Garage the time.

Stupid Motherfucker.

Still my Neighbors though... Although I believe he has Abandoned his 6 or 7 kids once a again for the Jail Cell.

He's AWESOME! :thup:

/end rant.

peace...