Pirates of the Carribean

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Excellent movie. Even though it was a kids' movie (or I thought it was) it was never pandering and never had cutesy-poo jokes like most of the live-action kids' movies coming out today. Johnny Depp continues to try and play the weirdest individuals commited to cinema, but his Captain Jack Sparrow is easily the coolest pirate ever. It's great for the whole family, but there are some creepy moments and a little violence that might be a little much for the really little kids, I'd say ages 8 and up would be good for this one.

Oh, and Kiera Knightley is officially the most beautiful girl ever.:D

Oh, and Kiera Knightley is officially the most beautiful girl ever.
...I mean, seriously, just look at her. Tell me she is not totally gorgeous.

loveactually.jpg

Yes, she is a very attractive girl. I haven't seent this one either - I am still dumb founded by the fact that Johnny Depp is the man of the year!!! there are way too many better looking guys than him.

Originally posted by Dan
Oh, and Kiera Knightley is officially the most beautiful girl ever.:D [/B]

She's quite a looker. But not enough to break into my Top 5 (Christina Applegate, Renee Zellweger, Jewel, Jennifer Anniston, and Laetitia Casta, if you were wondering).

But not enough to break into my Top 5 (Christina Applegate, Renee Zellweger, Jewel, Jennifer Anniston, and Laetitia Casta, if you were wondering).

That's a pretty good list, though I don't know who that last one is. Christina Applegate has aged really well, I was shocked when I heard she was in her late 30's. Aniston, I think, looked better a few years ago. I'm not digging the boring blonde hair, and it seems like all three of the girls on Friends are having a contest to see who can get the most anorexic (Courtney Cox is winning right now). But, yeah, Jennifer Aniston circa '99 or '00 was very hot.

Just for the record, my top five at the moment are: Keira Knightley, Zooey Deschantel, Hilarie Burton, Maggie Gyllenhall, and Monica Keena.

I definitely want to see that movie. It looks pretty good.

Oh, and down boys, you'll make us mere mortal women feel bad!!!!! At least I feel okay after seeing Janeen's photos!

:p:

That's a pretty good list, though I don't know who that last one is.

You don't know who Laetitia Casta is? Get out from under your rock! She makes the 5 you listed look like street ho's! LOL

Originally posted by jimnyc
You don't know who Laetitia Casta is? Get out from under your rock! She makes the 5 you listed look like street ho's! LOL

Street ho's... lmao!!!

Dan, Laetitia Casta is the voluptious, tall, brunette, pouty upper lip, gorgeous Victoria's Secret model... but I think she left that gig in the late 90's. Recently, she was chosen to portray the bare-breasted woman who is the symbol of France (can't remember the details). Do a Google search and I'm sure you'll get plenty of photos.

And, to be honest, Dan, I'll have to look a couple of yours up, so don't worry too much about it.

Jeff, I just thought of something last night. You have Renee Zellweger on your list. Do you know who she's dating?

None other than the White Stripes' Jack White. Just another reason to hate 'em, huh?:D

And, to be honest, Dan, I'll have to look a couple of yours up, so don't worry too much about it.

I figured as much. No biggie. Just for the heck of it, here's what mine have done:

1. Keira Knightley - Pirates of the Carribean (DUH!)

2. Zooey Deschantel - She's in a lot of indie movies. If you saw Almost Famous, she played William's sister, the one who ran off to be a stewardess. Also, she was in Elf, I think.

3. Hilarie Burton - Former VJ on TRL, now costars on One Tree Hill.

4. Maggie Gyllenhall - Again, indie movies. She was in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind for a minute, and she had a really small role in Adaptation, but other than that, it was all indies. Rent 'Secretary', it's great, and probably her best performance. She apparently has a big part in the new Julia Roberts movie, Mona Lisa Smile, she's all over the commercials.

5. Monica Keena - She was on Dawson's Creek for a few years, and she was the main girl in Freddy vs. Jason.

Originally posted by Dan
Jeff, I just thought of something last night. You have Renee Zellweger on your list. Do you know who she's dating?

None other than the White Stripes' Jack White. Just another reason to hate 'em, huh?:D

No frickin' joke!!! Take that Jack White!!! :death: :finger: :fu2: :splat:

Hey, now, that's one of my favorite guitarists you're talking about there!

She's alright. A little young-looking in that pic. That hairstyle ain't doing much for her either.

Originally posted by Dan
She's alright. A little young-looking in that pic. That hairstyle ain't doing much for her either.

She's 25 years old. I think her hair looks awesome. We'll just have to agree to disagree about who's a hotty. You stick with Dawson's creek, I'm sticking with lingerie models. :)

guys, I got KIDS her age....while she is easy on the eyes[no thanx to janeen] I bet she is super high maintance... thanx but I will settle for your average lady next door type..cook a lil clean a lil...sends me to her room alot...:p:

Yeah, I picked my top five based on personality, too. I'd rather have a pretentious but interesting indie actress than a pretentious but stupid, boring, anorexic model any day of the week.

Originally posted by Dan
Yeah, I picked my top five based on personality, too. I'd rather have a pretentious but interesting indie actress than a pretentious but stupid, boring, anorexic model any day of the week.

Surely you aren't talking about Laetitia Casta. If so, what makes you think she is pretentious? Stupid? boring? And she's FAR from anorexic. Hell, I think she's got more weight to her than any of the girls you named. For that fact, what do you really know about the 5 you listed either? All we really know for sure about any of these girls is what they look like. Given that, I'd still pick the model.

Forum List

Back