Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So, did anyone actually expect this to be good?

Basically, they took what was great about the first one and redid it without the originality or humor. And, rather than getting the two actors who so fully embodied these characters, they just got a couple guys who sorta looked like them. To be fair, the guy that plays Lloyd does a dead-on impression of Jim Carrey. If that's what you're into.

Another huge problem with this movie is that for some reason, it was obvious that in the first one, the guys had mental deficiencies, but in this one they act even stupider and it is pretty much spelled out that they're legally retarded. For some reason, it's kinda awkward when everyone in the movie is regarding them as "special people" and the movie still expects you to laugh at them.

I gave a very weak "hah" once or twice at this one, but it was horrible as you would expect a weak rehash of one of the best comedies of all time to be. One star.

Never could it have been good without Jim Carrey!!! Although, I do love the school bus! hehe! didn't see the movie though.

Dan I have to disagree with you on this. True..it wasnt as good as the first one..but how could it be?? I wasnt expecting this to be good at all, but there were some very funny parts to it. I thought the Llyoyds character was very good and Harry's character was decent too. I would give it 2.5 stars cause it was funny.

Forum List

Back