Pirates killed, Captain free. Good job.

While I'm no fan of President Obama, the right thing to do is to give him the credit for making the right decision to allow the professionals do their work. I still have my doubts that he would make a similar decision if put in another similar situation, but I hope I'm wrong.

As for the SEALS, I'm not surprised. They are highly trained and very disciplined professionals.

Now the issue is follow-through. Economic pressure needs to be put on the nations that either allow pirates to live on their land or fail to take effective measures to capture these criminals. For countries like Somalia, nations have to hunt them down and bring them to justice.

I have doubts about your ability to think.

Obama is smart and knows how to win.

Just ask Hillary and the Republicans.

I'll try real hard not to have any emotional breakdowns because you have doubts about me. Gosh, I hope I sleep tonight. :razz:

Obama is all about whatever will preserve his image. People like that tend to avoid risky situations. I fully expected Obama to take the safe way out and spin it as showing patience, avoiding unnecessarily risking the captain's life, etc.

Yes, he's smart and knows how to win. This isn't about being smart. It's about being courageous. I credit President Obama for going with a risky decision.

Last edited:
While I'm no fan of President Obama, the right thing to do is to give him the credit for making the right decision to allow the professionals do their work. I still have my doubts that he would make a similar decision if put in another similar situation, but I hope I'm wrong.

As for the SEALS, I'm not surprised. They are highly trained and very disciplined professionals.

Now the issue is follow-through. Economic pressure needs to be put on the nations that either allow pirates to live on their land or fail to take effective measures to capture these criminals. For countries like Somalia, nations have to hunt them down and bring them to justice.

I have doubts about your ability to think.

Obama is smart and knows how to win.

Just ask Hillary and the Republicans.

I'll try real hard not to have any emotional breakdowns because you have doubts about me. Gosh, I hope I sleep tonight. :razz:

Obama is all about whatever will preserve his image. People like that tend to avoid risky situations. I fully expected Obama to take the safe way out and spin it as showing patience, avoiding unnecessarily risking the captain's life, etc.

Yes, he's smart and knows how to win. This isn't about being smart. It's about being courageous. I credit President Obama for going with a risky decision.

Agreed, on this day, the president done good...

I think you all are giving Obama too much credit, he simply did what he was supposed to do. I can understand it though, after all the nasty comments about him before the situation was resolved.

It kind of sounds like, "oh, look, the retard done good."

:lol:

I think you all are giving Obama too much credit, he simply did what he was supposed to do. I can understand it though, after all the nasty comments about him before the situation was resolved.

At least he didn't have them 'stand down', whether or not he actually 'authorized it', that remains to be seen. Regarding military qualifications, he does appear a bit off tone. His refusal to say one word about this until after the rescue was weird.

At least he didn't have them 'stand down', whether or not he actually 'authorized it', that remains to be seen. Regarding military qualifications, he does appear a bit off tone. His refusal to say one word about this until after the rescue was weird.
If you say so, Annie. Milk it for all you can...it only helps your cause.

Which is more than you DUmmies ever did for President Bush! But then we Republicans are way better folks that way!

What do the stooooooooopid shitheads who take
every
single
event
and twist it into another chance to throw their verbal poop at Obama
hope to accomplish ?
Krotch - You are seriously deranged in your lopsided obsession. It OWNS you.

Obama had little to do with this hostage situation. He did the right thing; left it up to the professionals on scene to handle this standoff.

Big earthquake in Italy, people died. Quick, make up something to say it was OBAMA'S FAULT !!!
A kid dies in a traffic accident in Idaho. .".... OBAMA ...!!!!!"
Unbeeeleeevabul.
gee kinda sounds like when Bush was pres......everything was his doing too.....

You miss the true point and I will not take the easy oppurtunity you have provided to make you look the fool, although by pointing this out I did exactly as I said I would not.

Bush, you want me to critic Bush, I can and I willl, Bush is a lousy piece of shit, what did he do for our country. Nothing, he sold us down the river, how, you will never be able to point this out in such as clear and concise terms as I, but I am old enough and intelligent enough to explain in clear terms that bush is exaclty what I hate in politics. Dare I go on. Did Bush have connections to the mob, the mafia, yes, what is the worst thing the bush family did to the usa, banks, saving and loans.

You do not know shit.

My arguemnets against obama do not elevate bush, bush, like his father, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Those who think a post that critics Obama is support of Bush are morons, moron in the historical sense, of less intellgence

Engage me in what is relevant, never accuse me to be a defender of the son who stole over 1,000,000,000,000.00 dollars of my money, never accuse me of not knowing that bush sr. saved niel bush who worked for a bank with tax payer money. Accuse me to defend Bush by showing Obama is no different is to show that nothing more than ignorance will destroy the only hope the world has.

Krotch DOG your are just that....A FUCKIN CROTCH.....and a fucking stupid one at that.....if you dont get the analogy maybe you had better go post with people more your speed......gee and im really sorry you lost a fucking TRILLION dollars....richest guy in the world no doubt.....tough shit....now go out and work like the rest of us.....

We should be thanking God that the Captain is free. Instead, it seems many of the posts I am reading are trying to make "Political hay."

Everyone involved needs to be honored. From the President to the Navy Seals who pulled the triggers.

Can we call these guys criminals, thugs, or just outright scum, instead of pirates. The international community needs to attack these guys where they live. They are basically performing their duty for the warlords that hide in Somalia. We need to attack the bee's nest, instead of swatting at the bees. Criminals who prey on hardworking seamen deserve the justice they have earned with their actions.

Me too. I don't disagree in the least with that.

Gunny says the captain saved his own ass. Considering that he couldn't save his own ass the first time he tried, I would tend to want to give the Navy guys credit for their part rather than cast them as mere opportunist.

Dude, you are a retard. A dishonest one. You take one statement of many and try to present it out of context. Are you capable of reading English, or what?

Finally, the idiocy of your thinking comes to the fore. I was not marginalizing the Navy, you twit. I was trying to explain to your dense ass that in that scenario as presented, it very much IS opportunism. That isn't marginalizing anyone. It's trying to explain a tactic to someone that needs to stick to music because you ain't no damned good at military tactics and strategy; yet, you continually want to jack your jaws about it.

Here's another tidbit of info for your ignorant ass: The US Marine Corps is a department within the Department of the US Navy. Why would I want to dis the very people I served with for 20 years you ignat?

And you're going to LOVE this: You've been running your suck over nothing. They're reporting now Phillips didn't jump. The snipers shot the pirates with him on board.

That pretty much nullifies the false premise under which you decided to attack me. Looks like the commander decided Phillips was in serious danger and decided to risk using force to free him.

Try to read this R-E-A-L slow. I'm glad Phillips got out alive. I'm glad the snipers killed the pirates without harming Phillips. I'm glad Obama authorized the use of deadly force.

I take pride in the fact that as usual, the US military, specifically the US Navy in this case took care of business.

The fact remains, you have proven beyond a doubt you are not qualified to tell me what my profession for 20 years was all about. Like I said, stick to music.

Un huh....The captain saved his own ass......there was no plan.

Sure thing Gunny.

play free bird.

at least then, you'll know what you're doing.

Just breaking, the ship captain held hostage by Somalia pirates has been freed. Reporting that 3 of 4 pirates have been killed.

Good job.

Now please, tell us how Obama gets credit or how he fucked up, depending on which way your retarded slant is.
it's not that Obama was trying to take credit. Obama was laying low on the incident as he should have. What the farce is and was are all the right wing talk radio crazies who were passionately attacking Obama for being weak and appeasing 'terrorists'. They weren't pirates anymore to right wing radio goons like Inannity and Limpballs. It may have taking the Seals this long to get the 'clean' triple or quadruple shot off.... It's right wingers who are the goofballs on this incident as they are on every incident since the invasion of Iraq six years ago.

He could have NOT authorized the SEALS to take action.

At the end of a day, an American hostage is alive and gets to be with his family. I think it's okay to give the retard, uh, excuse me, the President, credit.

We should be thanking God that the Captain is free. Instead, it seems many of the posts I am reading are trying to make "Political hay."

Everyone involved needs to be honored. From the President to the Navy Seals who pulled the triggers.

Can we call these guys criminals, thugs, or just outright scum, instead of pirates. The international community needs to attack these guys where they live. They are basically performing their duty for the warlords that hide in Somalia. We need to attack the bee's nest, instead of swatting at the bees. Criminals who prey on hardworking seamen deserve the justice they have earned with their actions.

There is no international community.

Which is more than you DUmmies ever did for President Bush! But then we Republicans are way better folks that way!

Oh, yes, you are just great.

You almost destroyed the country, you idiot!

Make up yer mind dipshit! We go from Bush failed the country stands to if the obamalama fails we all fail! get a grip sounds like we need Republicans cause almost destroyed is way better than destroyed..

Just breaking, the ship captain held hostage by Somalia pirates has been freed. Reporting that 3 of 4 pirates have been killed.

Good job.

Now please, tell us how Obama gets credit or how he fucked up, depending on which way your retarded slant is.
it's not that Obama was trying to take credit. Obama was laying low on the incident as he should have. What the farce is and was are all the right wing talk radio crazies who were passionately attacking Obama for being weak and appeasing 'terrorists'. They weren't pirates anymore to right wing radio goons like Inannity and Limpballs. It may have taking the Seals this long to get the 'clean' triple or quadruple shot off.... It's right wingers who are the goofballs on this incident as they are on every incident since the invasion of Iraq six years ago.

The Seals were able to squeeze a shot off immediately upon arrival... that's what they do; they're amongst the best in the world...

Now there is not a single American that has contributed to this thread which has not given the Lord of the Idiots credit for FINALLY making a decision which is in step with AMERICAN PRINCIPLES...

So stow your faux indignation sis... it ain't sellin' here.

Oh, yes, you are just great.

You almost destroyed the country, you idiot!

Make up yer mind dipshit! We go from Bush failed the country stands to if the obamalama fails we all fail! get a grip sounds like we need Republicans cause almost destroyed is way better than destroyed..
Willow you are arguing with someone named chris.....might be KROTCH HEAD in disguise....

You miss the true point and I will not take the easy oppurtunity you have provided to make you look the fool, although by pointing this out I did exactly as I said I would not.

Bush, you want me to critic Bush, I can and I willl, Bush is a lousy piece of shit, what did he do for our country. Nothing, he sold us down the river, how, you will never be able to point this out in such as clear and concise terms as I, but I am old enough and intelligent enough to explain in clear terms that bush is exaclty what I hate in politics. Dare I go on. Did Bush have connections to the mob, the mafia, yes, what is the worst thing the bush family did to the usa, banks, saving and loans.

You do not know shit.

My arguemnets against obama do not elevate bush, bush, like his father, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Those who think a post that critics Obama is support of Bush are morons, moron in the historical sense, of less intellgence

Engage me in what is relevant, never accuse me to be a defender of the son who stole over 1,000,000,000,000.00 dollars of my money, never accuse me of not knowing that bush sr. saved niel bush who worked for a bank with tax payer money. Accuse me to defend Bush by showing Obama is no different is to show that nothing more than ignorance will destroy the only hope the world has.

Krotch DOG your are just that....A FUCKIN CROTCH.....and a fucking stupid one at that.....if you dont get the analogy maybe you had better go post with people more your speed......gee and im really sorry you lost a fucking TRILLION dollars....richest guy in the world no doubt.....tough shit....now go out and work like the rest of us.....

Ol' Dawg once again demonstrates how to win freinds and influence people:lol:

Ravi, you are arguing with someone named "krotchdog."

eh, duh, uh, are ya, arguin wit som un name uh, uh, h h h

Let me help you moron, we are going tit for tat, I am having a bit of fun and you do not even distract.

ravi, uh, duh, uh, I wish I had a come back, seriously, what can I say to that pic, very nice, very clever, nothing says anything like a pic, I will get you back you son of a bitch.

I know, I got nothing, but at least I am not chris

You do not know shit.

Ol' Dawg once again demonstrates how to win freinds and influence people:lol:

old rock is a scurrilous lying crock of shit (this is not a flame, its old rocks words with old rocks name placed in front)

old crock knowingly posted false information in environment under climate change

how can I address old crocks post here, I will have to spend hours looking for the answer like before and than I find out old rock willingly and knowingly posted a false report, not only did old man post the false report but old man had a rebutal ready in case he got found out

this kind of stuff makes me sick, further look at the vile old man says about others, and than we are suppose to take his word and if we dont we get old crokes vile mouth

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/73527-climate-change-the-simple-argument.html

old rock is a scurrilous lying crock of shit (this is not a flame, its old rocks words with old rocks name placed in front)

You do not know shit.

Oh, yea, you are right, I did not see that, good point, you win, I concede, well thought out arguement. very good points, sometimes I do not see what is right in front of my eyes.

Forum List

Back