Pirates killed, Captain free. Good job.

Peejay

Rookie
Feb 11, 2009
SC
Just breaking, the ship captain held hostage by Somalia pirates has been freed. Reporting that 3 of 4 pirates have been killed.

Good job.

Now please, tell us how Obama gets credit or how he fucked up, depending on which way your retarded slant is.

Just breaking, the ship captain held hostage by Somalia pirates has been freed. Reporting that 3 of 4 pirates have been killed.

Good job.

Now please, tell us how Obama gets credit or how he fucked up, depending on which way your retarded slant is.

that is good news....

According to FoxNews, the US Navy moved in and killed the pirates. The captain has been freed.

Congratulations to the Navy of the United States of America! Now launch some F-15E's and bomb the fuck out of Somalia!

Very good news. Big kudos yet again to our deserving Armed Forces, and congratulations to Obama for having the guts to give our military the go ahead. I assume that was the case...

Obama kept his mouth shut, and let the professionals do their job.

Exactly what he should have done.

Good job.

Mr Obama should be hailed for his administrations bold actions that saved the life of the captain.
Mr Obama should be tried for war crimes for not giving those Somali pirates a fair trial before slaughtering them.

• Banned
Very good news. Big kudos yet again to our deserving Armed Forces, and congratulations to Obama for having the guts to give our military the go ahead. I assume that was the case...

That would be the only credit he deserves.....authorization. This whole flap about no comments and placing any real credit or criticism with him was ridiculous.

The reports are saying that the Captain jumped overboard again and the Navy Seals took advantage of that.

tadpole256-albums-navy-stuff-picture165-navy-seals-1991-ocean-cr-qtx-001.png

The reports are saying that the Captain jumped overboard again and the Navy Seals took advantage of that.

I can only imagine that after not being prepared to take advantage of the first time he jumped, I'm sure there was a plan to make sure they didn't miss another opportunity like that. Watch them like a hawk and if the captive gets clear again, open up on 'em.

That would be the only credit he deserves.....authorization. This whole flap about no comments and placing any real credit or criticism with him was ridiculous.

Oh no! *gasp*
I fell for your little trap.

Obama kept his mouth shut, and let the professionals do their job.

Exactly what he should have done.
Precisely. CTF 151 commander, RADM Michelle Howard, aboard USS Boxer, called the shots on this one, not the White House. They had it all set up, were negotiating and laying in wait. Gotta open up the hatch and come out of that uncomfortable boat to get some air, take a crap and piss sometime. There is no head in that boat, and the pirates became exhausted and queasy from 4 days of this. The Seals were ready, and carried out the rescue.
They would have done the same no matter which political party is in office.

Thank God this has standoff has finished on a positive note.

The pirates still hold 12 or 13 vessels from several nations, and more than 200 hostages, many of them from the Phillipines. The VP of the Phillipines specifically said they are willing to do whatever the pirates demand to avoid death to those hostages.

http://www.cusnc.navy.mil/articles/2009/057.html
April 5, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Release #057-09
Admiral Howard Takes Command of ESG-2 and CTF 151

By Lt. John Fage, Expeditionary Strike Group 2 Public Affairs

USS BOXER, At Sea – Rear Adm. Michelle Howard assumed command of Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 2 during a ceremony held on board USS Boxer (LHD 4) today and relieved Rear Adm. Terence McKnight, ESG 2’s commander since November 2007.

In addition to relieving McKnight as the ESG 2 commander, Howard assumes command of several U.S. 5th Fleet task forces, including Combined Task Force (CTF) 51 and 59, as well as CTF 151, an international maritime coalition created to disrupt, deter and thwart piracy.

“I’m very fortunate to follow behind Admiral McKnight,” said Howard. “He and the staff have done a terrific job in standing up CTF 151. His leadership will be missed on the waterfront.”

As commander of ESG 2, McKnight was responsible for all of the amphibious assets based on the U.S. East Coast and upon deploying to the U.S. 5th Fleet’s area of operations in January 2009, he assumed command of CTF 151.

McKnight said commanding ESG 2 has been an incredible experience and one he will never forget.

“This has definitely been one of the more exciting assignments of my career,” he said. “Not only did I never think I’d be sailing the ocean chasing pirates, I certainly never thought I’d be doing it alongside the navies of so many different countries, especially Russia and China.”

“My time at ESG 2 has been amazing,” McKnight continued. “In addition to all the exercises and contingencies we were involved with before we deployed, I was privileged enough to have hosted a Great White Fleet event in New York City along with my staff and we also played a big part in the grand re-opening of the Intrepid museum during Veterans Day Weekend 2008. Those two events will certainly remain cherished memories when I look back at my career.”

As the first African-American woman to command a U.S. Navy ship, Howard said she understands the magnitude of bridging cultural and international gaps.

“ESG 2 has executed the three missions they’re responsible for without missing a beat,” she said. “My top priority right now is to deter piracy here in the Gulf of Aden. I want to continue the extensive international coordination Admiral McKnight started. That’s the true key to defeating piracy. Piracy is a problem that affects all maritime nations and requires an international solution. I’m looking forward to working with naval professionals from around the world on this vital mission.”

CTF 151 is a multinational task force established to conduct counter-piracy operations under a mission-based mandate throughout the CMF area of responsibility to actively deter, disrupt and suppress piracy in order to protect global maritime security and secure freedom of navigation for the benefit of all nations.

Howard previously served as Senior Military Assistant to the Secretary of the Navy.

This is going to be huge news all week. This guy will get treated like Sully. And much like Sully, he will deserve it. I hope they throw him a parade.

This is going to be huge news all week. This guy will get treated like Sully. And much like Sully, he will deserve it. I hope they throw him a parade.

He should be treated as a hero because he got captured and held hostage?
I thought that dubious honor was only reserved for Mr McCain for being a loser.

I bet the pirates think twice before they attack another American flagged ship.

According to sky news out of England the US Navy did not move in, the US Navy did not move in.

The Captain jumped into the ocean again forcing the US Navy to act.

I am in Spain and Sky news keeps repeating that the pirates at best commited a crime and the boat is a crime scene and law enforcement officials will investigate.

They handling of this as a crime is what we should be screaming about. We treated Osama Bin Laden as a criminal during Bill Clinton's time as president, treating Osama like a criminal led and caused 9/11.

Hillary Clinton called this a crime.

Obama did not interfere in something that was merely a crime.

Sky news is calling this a crime.

The US Navy has no jurisdiction. Its a crime.

Obama is enlarging AmeriCorp to 300,000 troops. Obama says the will be just as powerful as our military and have more funding.

World police, new world order, your fancy car is gone, no more big screen TV's, no fancy computers.
The way the media covers this story world wide, the way Obama was silent shows our president is BOWING to a power who will rule over the president of the USA and all its people. The world will rule us which will make our liberals happy. Look at how they treat us in these threads, they hate us, look at the vile they speak, look how rotten they are if they disagree.

The New World order disagrees and hates the conservative christian americans.

How Obama handled this does not show inexperience. It shows that our presidents can be bought the same as the 100,000,000 payoff to Bill Clinton. Clinton treated Obama as a criminal, Obama is treating terrorists as criminals, it is now up to the New World order to protect our citizens.

"Disproportinate use of force" is the politically correct assumption. the poor freedom pirates didn't have a whole navy,, just a little boat..

anyways,, that god the captain lives..:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The Navy did what our boys do best. Go in, Assess the situation, wait for the opportunity to take action, solve the problem.:clap2:

OBama did what an inexperience politician would do. Disappear and wait for the experience to solve the issue then come out and make a statement when the coast is clear. I see the statement coming by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.:scared1:

Forum List

Back