Physicist Offers $10,000 To Anyone Who Can Disprove Climate Change

THAT is certainly where the money's at. This fantasy from deniers that the fossil fuel industry has no motive, has no money or is the more ethical of the parties in this discussion wouldn't be found believable by a kindergartener.

Yeah cause selling people gas and oil to power their homes and vehicles is such and evil act.

Dipshit. They've already been caught running a disinformation campaign modeled after the tobacco industry and the same sort of campaign run by the ID folks against evolution. They fund every denier they can find: Roy Spencer, Roger Pielke Sr, Willie Soon, Sallie Bailunas, Tim Ball, the Heartland Institute, the American Enterprise Institute, ALEC, Beacon Hill, the Cato Institute, Competitive Enterprise Institute, the Heritage Foundation and the Institute for Energy Research. The fossil fuel industry has far more reason to be dishonest (billions of them) than do the world's climate scientists; which seems to be the only alternative.

Oooooh, it's all a big evil conspiracy by those villains who enjoy destroying the Earth!

You are a caricature of a wacko environmentalist, right?

When you find that you must lie,

Where did I lie? Be specific.

When did I ever say that an object stops emitting when a warmer object approaches? I said that a cool object doesn't emit towards a warmer object.

What did I mischaracterize? Be specific.

See above for an example. Suggesting that I suppose some intelligence or choice is involved in the movement of energy. Again, does a rock have any choice but to fall when you drop it?

argument is that an object at 600 C will emit photons in all directions but if an 800 C object approaches, will emit photons in every other direction except toward that warmer object.

And you have a problem with that? You can see that sort of thing happening around you if you look.

not based on the photons "knowing" the temperature of surrounding objects?

No, that's based on them not having any choice but to move in the direction in which they are radiated. Do you think that communications engineers can just point antennas and arrays in whatever direction they wish without taking energy coming from other arrays and dishes into consideration? What would happen if a dish with a weaker signal were pointed towards a dish with a stronger signal? Would you receive the weaker signal on the other side of the stronger dish? Would you receive it immediately in front of the stronger dish? Is there any sort of choice, or knowing on the part of the weaker signal that it can't transmit over the stronger signal from the other dish?

This whole thing is a failure of your imagination...You are like a little child trying to prove that the laws of nature don't actually mean what they say. The second law says that energy won't spontaneously move from a cool object to a warm object without some work being done to accomplish the task. Do you think light coming from a bulb, or IR from an emitter is spontaneous movement of energy? The second law is what it is and if you bet against it you will lose every time.

Martin-Short-Lawyer.jpg

When did I ever say that an object stops emitting when a warmer object approaches? I said that a cool object doesn't emit towards a warmer object.

Physicist Offers $10,000 To Anyone Who Can Disprove Climate Change

Physicist Offers $10,000 To Anyone Who Can Disprove Climate Change | ThinkProgress
When not refuting the 97 percent of scientists who believe in human-caused global warming, climate change deniers often draw upon the conspiracy that it’s is a fabricated theory invented by those in a position to gain financially or otherwise from efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. A Texas-based physicist is turning that notion on its head by offering $10,000 of his own money to anyone who can disprove mainstream, accepted climate science.

Dr. Christopher Keating, a physicist who has taught at the University of South Dakota and the U.S. Naval Academy, says in his blog post that the rules are easy: there is no entry fee, participants must be over 18, and the scientific method must be employed.

“Deniers actively claim that science is on their side and there is no proof of man-made climate change,” Keating told the College Fix by email. “You would think that if it was really as easy as the deniers claim that someone, somewhere would do it.”

Keating is planning to post entries on his blog along with comments. He is willing to field a wide array of submissions and is also offering $1,000 to anyone that can provide any scientific evidence at all that climate change isn’t real. “They are even free to find proof on the Internet and cut and paste it,” he said.

Keating is the author of the recent book “Undeniable: Dialogues on Global Warming,” which employs a Socratic-style discussion between three friends over email in a climate change polemic.

:blahblah:

The man is an idiot.. The null hypothesis kills the meme dead. But if you look closely you will find that the idiot gets to call it, not science or the scientific method..

The whole thing is a ploy and a sham...

<snip>

When did electrons/photons become intelligent and deiced where they can and cannot be emitted? All objects emit in all directions. Collision/deflection is why the cooler is not felt by the warmer.

<snip>

When did electrons/photons become intelligent and deiced where they can and cannot be emitted? All objects emit in all directions. Collision/deflection is why the cooler is not felt by the warmer.

SSDD has a unique theory.
Photons don't collide.

<snip>

Photons don't collide.

LOL

Protons do... but your right photons do not.. The point was about heat transfer (energy movement). My Bad..

<snip>

Photons don't collide.

LOL

Protons do... but your right photons do not.. The point was about heat transfer (energy movement). My Bad..

No problem.
SSDD's theory keeps evolving, every time we point out the holes.

Oooooh, it's all a big evil conspiracy by those villains who enjoy destroying the Earth!

They exported the manufacturing pollution & exploitation problems to Asia so we can't see them any more. Now when environmentalist raise hell about pollution & the environment, they just say, what pollution or environmental damage? I don't see any pollution or environmental damage. Those wacko environmentalist are just making shit up again! Move along, nothing to see here!

It worked like a dream.

Earth has lost half of its wildlife in the past 40 years, says WWF

87f5d53b-875b-403b-a8bb-6f8e671af8b6-460x276.jpeg

Doughnutchartwildlife.png

They exported the manufacturing pollution & exploitation problems to Asia so we can't see them any more. Now when environmentalist raise hell about pollution & the environment, they just say, what pollution or environmental damage? I don't see any pollution or environmental damage. Those wacko environmentalist are just making shit up again! Move along, nothing to see here!

It worked like a dream.

If that's the case, then why aren't all you wackos working to get laws changed overseas instead of constantly trying to make them more severe here?

We vote for environmentaly conscious politicians and support intelligent, progressive corporations and speak out in the internet's global forums in an attempt to do just that. What were you thinking we should be doing?

It worked like a dream.

Love the Marxist WWF... 99.9 of what they purport is a lie to secure total control over the world populace. They are an extension of the UN and the IPCC. You should pick your sources more carefully.

Last edited:

It worked like a dream.

If that's the case, then why aren't all you wackos working to get laws changed overseas instead of constantly trying to make them more severe here?

Communists, Totalitarians and Marxists are in control in those countries already and you dont step on the toes of like minds..

I'm no climatologist, but I"d assume the forgery of evidence required to prove such a thing would cost more than the reward for doing so. :)

I'm no climatologist, but I"d assume the forgery of evidence required to prove such a thing would cost more than the reward for doing so. :)

Hitler managed to kill 6 million Jews on a Lie... Many sympathizers were duped until their deaths. The reward is control and power.. Power Corrupts, Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Disprove climate change? They have'nt even proved that it exsists yet.

Yes it does!

Just looking out my window proves it! Yesterday it was76 degrees, sunny, warm and this morning its 24 degrees an 3 inches of SNOW!

And in all seriousness, the climate has made many shifts over millions of years. The climate does change but how and why is still a mystery. Thinking man can control it is shear idiocy.

It worked like a dream.

I have been saying that Asia is the problem all along. Food & medical prices are rising due to manufacturing pollution, climate issues, lack of clean water & exploitation problems. Fix the problems or pay a lot more to live or die trying.

China admits pollution brought about 'cancer villages'

Last edited:

It worked like a dream.

Trust NOTHING that you ever see coming from the WWF.. A bunch of lobster-eating lawyers selling teddy bears and shopping bags..

What do you THINK you're looking at in that photo above?
It was selected to SUGGEST many things to their intended fund-raising victims.
Photo credit above: "Rubbish dumped on the tundra outside llulissat in Greenland stand in stark contrast to icebergs behind from the Sermeq Kujullaq or llulissat Ice fjord – a Unesco world heritage site." Photograph: Global Warming Images/WWF-Canon.

Melting ice and a garbage dump.. Pulls at your wallet dont it?

It worked like a dream.

Trust NOTHING that you ever see coming from the WWF.. A bunch of lobster-eating lawyers selling teddy bears and shopping bags..

Photo credit above: "Rubbish dumped on the tundra outside llulissat in Greenland stand in stark contrast to icebergs behind from the Sermeq Kujullaq or llulissat Ice fjord – a Unesco world heritage site." Photograph: Global Warming Images/WWF-Canon.

Worst part about that picture is, it is fake. It was Photoshopped. Pixel variations show a much tighter grouping around the trash while the ocean is further apart indicating two very different distances to objects from the same focal point...

It worked like a dream.

Worst part about that picture is, it is fake. It was Photoshopped. Pixel variations show a much tighter grouping around the trash while the ocean is further apart indicating two very different distances to objects from the same focal point...

Nawwwww.. I'm SHOCKED.. WWF doctoring images to optimize their fundraising?? They probably had a great shot of a couple plastic bottles on the bay with the ice behind it -- and the marketing guys wanted bigger and better garbage...

Forum List

Back