Physicist Offers $10,000 To Anyone Who Can Disprove Climate Change

It is driving the monarch butterfly into extinction for one thing...all those fields that weren't fit for growing food or feed corn had overgrown with milkweed which is vital to the monarch butterfly's survival...those fields were fit for growing corn to burn for fuel...as a result, the monarch's food supply has been sharply cut...10 more years or ethanol subsidies will drive them to extinction....then we will have a species driven to extinction by the AGW hoax.

You are right. There's an added point. Monsanto RoundupReady GM corn has become the dominant variety throughout the midwest. This corn tolerates Monsanto's Roundup herbicide. Farmers can plant this corn then regularly douse the entire crop in Roundup killing every other plant in the field. That would include the Milkweed of course. There has been a very close correlation between increasing planting of RoundupReady corn and the decline of the Monarch population.

My wife and I turned our front yard into a butterfly garden almost 20 years ago. We have a good dozen milkweed bushes (Asclepias Tuberosa). We've noted the decline here and we've read about what's been happening in Mexico. I see we didn't look hard enough. This is the first I've heard of this story. Thanks for the information.

So are you agreeing that AGW is a hoax?

It is driving the monarch butterfly into extinction for one thing...all those fields that weren't fit for growing food or feed corn had overgrown with milkweed which is vital to the monarch butterfly's survival...those fields were fit for growing corn to burn for fuel...as a result, the monarch's food supply has been sharply cut...10 more years or ethanol subsidies will drive them to extinction....then we will have a species driven to extinction by the AGW hoax.

You are right. There's an added point. Monsanto RoundupReady GM corn has become the dominant variety throughout the midwest. This corn tolerates Monsanto's Roundup herbicide. Farmers can plant this corn then regularly douse the entire crop in Roundup killing every other plant in the field. That would include the Milkweed of course. There has been a very close correlation between increasing planting of RoundupReady corn and the decline of the Monarch population.

My wife and I turned our front yard into a butterfly garden almost 20 years ago. We have a good dozen milkweed bushes (Asclepias Tuberosa). We've noted the decline here and we've read about what's been happening in Mexico. I see we didn't look hard enough. This is the first I've heard of this story. Thanks for the information.

Milkweed in cultivated fields aren't what the monarch depended on...it was all those fallow fields that had reverted to nature which are now planted as a result of ethanol subsidies...cut them...discontinue the bad idea and milkweed will reign in those crappy fields within 3 years. Green stupidity, and the AGW hoax are driving a beautiful species into extinction...for no good reason whatsoever.

Also...interesting to note you cheerleading for kissmy's stupid claim of a 1% tax difference between gasoline and diesel. Do you cheer for any dishonest statement that happens to agree with your political position, or were you really unaware of the federal and state road tax burden on diesel fuel?

Last edited:
Disel is expensive because of road taxes....You get more diesel per barrel of crude so the manufacture of diesel and therefore the cost of diesel is less than gasoline. Check the price of farm or marine diesel...subtract the road taxes (congressional scheme to make truckers pay for highways) and diesel is considerably less than gasoline.

That idiot congressional scheme is why we don't have high efficiency diesel vehicles over here getting 55 to 65 miles per gallon running on a fuel that cost less than gasoline.

That tax difference is only 1% of the price difference between Gasoline & Diesel. It in no way explains the over 25% reduction in gasoline price. Try again.

You really don't have a clue, do you. Right now the federal component of the road tax on diesel is 24.4 cents per gallon...the state road taxes on diesel range from a high in california of 54.9 cents per gallon in CT to a low of 12.7 cents per gallon in Alaska with the median being around 25 cents per gallon in addition to the 24.4 cent per gallon federal component.

So you try again.

You're ignorant lying asshole cherry-picking tax in difference states to try to back your lie. The average difference for all states is less than 5 cents a gallon which equals 1% of the price of fuel at the pump. Ethanol has driven Gasoline price down well over 25% yet you still lie claiming the 1% tax difference between Gasoline & Diesel is responsible for that.

So no actual observed measured example at ambient temperature. I understand. Sucks to be you.

The Stefan-Boltzmann constant, symbolized by the lowercase Greek letter sigma ( ), is a physical constant involving black body radiation. A black body, also called an ideal radiator, is an object that radiates or absorbs energy with perfect efficiency at all electromagnetic wavelength s. The constant defines the power per unit area emitted by a black body as a function of its thermodynamic temperature .

You'll notice it is a function of temperature of a body and not a function of the temperature of the surroundings. Were they wrong?

So you don't have any observed, measured example of energy moving from cool objects to warm at ambient temperature either. Didn't think so. Continue to profess your faith if you like, but don't expect me to buy in without some sort of actual evidence.

The Stefan-Boltzmann constant, symbolized by the lowercase Greek letter sigma ( ), is a physical constant involving black body radiation. A black body, also called an ideal radiator, is an object that radiates or absorbs energy with perfect efficiency at all electromagnetic wavelength s. The constant defines the power per unit area emitted by a black body as a function of its thermodynamic temperature .

You'll notice it is a function of temperature of a body and not a function of the temperature of the surroundings. Were they wrong?

[MENTION=40906]SSDD[/MENTION] Is your screen too cold? Can't see your error?

Wrong. [that alternative energy technologies are not a waste]. Billions have been wasted. Even over and above government handouts to Obama cronies.

Obviously we differ on some fundamentals. I believe that reducing our carbon emissions has value. You apparently believe it has none. It will be a little difficult to come to agreement on common terms.

Crick said:
By decreasing the carbon output of their energy system.

Quantify that benefit, monetarily.

Okay. Twelve trillion, six dollars and seventy-three cents.

Crick said:
What work do you believe was involved in answering these questions?

You did none. Actual work would show proof. But you can't.

You asked me nothing that required performing work to answer. You asked me nothing even amenable to a proof.

Crick said:
Infinitely more than will be prevented following your suggestions.

I guess, if you think 0.0001 degrees is infinitely more.

Lim (1/n) as n ->0 is infinity and n=0 is the denier plan

Last edited:
Wrong. [that alternative energy technologies are not a waste]. Billions have been wasted. Even over and above government handouts to Obama cronies.

Obviously we differ on some fundamentals. I believe that reducing our carbon emissions has value. You apparently believe it has none. It will be a little difficult to come to agreement on common terms.

Crick said:
By decreasing the carbon output of their energy system.

You asked me nothing that required performing work to answer. You asked me nothing even amenable to a proof.

Crick said:
Infinitely more than will be prevented following your suggestions.

I guess, if you think 0.0001 degrees is infinitely more.

Lim (1/n) as n ->0 is infinity and n=0 is the denier plan

Show your work.

and n=0 is the denier plan

You should tell the voters we need to spend tens of trillions, because 0.0001 > 0

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaahahhahahahahahahaha

hahaahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha

oh, this is too good!!! hahahaahhahahahahaahhahahha

That tax difference is only 1% of the price difference between Gasoline & Diesel. It in no way explains the over 25% reduction in gasoline price. Try again.

You really don't have a clue, do you. Right now the federal component of the road tax on diesel is 24.4 cents per gallon...the state road taxes on diesel range from a high in california of 54.9 cents per gallon in CT to a low of 12.7 cents per gallon in Alaska with the median being around 25 cents per gallon in addition to the 24.4 cent per gallon federal component.

So you try again.

You're ignorant lying asshole cherry-picking tax in difference states to try to back your lie. The average difference for all states is less than 5 cents a gallon which equals 1% of the price of fuel at the pump. Ethanol has driven Gasoline price down well over 25% yet you still lie claiming the 1% tax difference between Gasoline & Diesel is responsible for that.

You really aren't very bright are you. Highway diesel in my part of the country is currently around $3.85.....the federal component of that price is 24.4 cents or 6.34%...the state tax component of that tax is 63.6 cents per gallon or 16.52%...the total tax on highway diesel is 22.86%...

There is a 24.4 cent federal tax component on diesel in every state...the individual states place their own highway tax on gasoline and diesel respectively at the following rates...

As you can see your 1% claim is bullshit even in Alaska which places the lowest highway tax on diesel...the amount of tax you pay on diesel there is still 56.8 cents per gallon and a gallon of diesel is around 4 dollars so the tax you are paying, in the least taxed state is still 14%.

You can't cherry pick enough to support your 1% claim anywhere in the country since the federal component of the highway tax is over 6% everywhere.

Alabama 39.3 46.3
Alaska 26.4 32.4
Arizona 37.4 43.4
Arkansas 40.2 47.2
California 69 79.5
Colorado 40.4 44.9
Connecticut 64.4 70.6
Delaware 41.4 46.4
District of Columbia 41.9 47.9
Florida 53.4 54.9
Georgia 47.8 56.3
Hawaii 68 75.2
Idaho 43.4 49.4
Illinois 62.8 70.1
Indiana 61.4 76.2
Iowa 40.4 47.9
Kansas 43.4 51.4
Kentucky 46.2 43.9
Louisiana 38.4 44.4
Maine 49.9 57.1
Maryland 41.9 48.7
Massachusetts 41.9 47.9
Michigan 61.3 64.4
Minnesota 46.5 52
Mississippi 37.2 43.2
Missouri 35.7 41.7
Montana 46.2 53
Nebraska 46 51.4
Nevada 51.5 53
New Hampshire 38 44
New Jersey 32.9 41.9
New Mexico 37.3 47.2
New York 69.6 75.1
North Carolina 57.6 63.6
North Dakota 41.4 47.4
Ohio 46.4 52.4
Oklahoma 35.4 38.4
Oregon 49.4 54.7
Pennsylvania 50.7 63.6
Rhode Island 51.4 57.4
South Carolina 35.2 41.2
South Dakota 42.4 48.4
Tennessee 39.8 42.8
Texas 38.4 44.4
Utah 42.9 48.9
Vermont 43.9 53.4
Virginia 38.6 44.7
Washington 55.9 61.9
West Virginia 51.8 56.5
Wisconsin 51.3 57.3
Wyoming 32.4 38.4

So you try again.

You really aren't very bright are you. Highway diesel in my part of the country is currently around $3.85.....the federal component of that price is 24.4 cents or 6.34%...the state tax component of that tax is 63.6 cents per gallon or 16.52%...the total tax on highway diesel is 22.86%...

There is a 24.4 cent federal tax component on diesel in every state...the individual states place their own highway tax on gasoline and diesel respectively at the following rates...

As you can see your 1% claim is bullshit even in Alaska which places the lowest highway tax on diesel...the amount of tax you pay on diesel there is still 56.8 cents per gallon and a gallon of diesel is around 4 dollars so the tax you are paying, in the least taxed state is still 14%.

You can't cherry pick enough to support your 1% claim anywhere in the country since the federal component of the highway tax is over 6% everywhere.

Alabama 39.3 46.3
Alaska 26.4 32.4
Arizona 37.4 43.4
Arkansas 40.2 47.2
California 69 79.5
Colorado 40.4 44.9
Connecticut 64.4 70.6
Delaware 41.4 46.4
District of Columbia 41.9 47.9
Florida 53.4 54.9
Georgia 47.8 56.3
Hawaii 68 75.2
Idaho 43.4 49.4
Illinois 62.8 70.1
Indiana 61.4 76.2
Iowa 40.4 47.9
Kansas 43.4 51.4
Kentucky 46.2 43.9
Louisiana 38.4 44.4
Maine 49.9 57.1
Maryland 41.9 48.7
Massachusetts 41.9 47.9
Michigan 61.3 64.4
Minnesota 46.5 52
Mississippi 37.2 43.2
Missouri 35.7 41.7
Montana 46.2 53
Nebraska 46 51.4
Nevada 51.5 53
New Hampshire 38 44
New Jersey 32.9 41.9
New Mexico 37.3 47.2
New York 69.6 75.1
North Carolina 57.6 63.6
North Dakota 41.4 47.4
Ohio 46.4 52.4
Oklahoma 35.4 38.4
Oregon 49.4 54.7
Pennsylvania 50.7 63.6
Rhode Island 51.4 57.4
South Carolina 35.2 41.2
South Dakota 42.4 48.4
Tennessee 39.8 42.8
Texas 38.4 44.4
Utah 42.9 48.9
Vermont 43.9 53.4
Virginia 38.6 44.7
Washington 55.9 61.9
West Virginia 51.8 56.5
Wisconsin 51.3 57.3
Wyoming 32.4 38.4

thanks, he proves that the only thing the k00ks have comes out their butts.

thanks, he proves that the only thing the k00ks have comes out their butts.

Seems like they just go through their lives just believing whatever some person whose political philosophy matches theirs tells them...or whatever they want to believe without actually checking anything to see if their belief jibes with the facts. kiss my will continue to believe that there is only a 1% difference between gas and diesel no matter how many facts he sees to the contrary...he believes..he has faith...and that is enough for him. Seems that all lefties are like that.

Milkweed in cultivated fields aren't what the monarch depended on...it was all those fallow fields that had reverted to nature which are now planted as a result of ethanol subsidies.

Your point is valid.

..cut them...discontinue the bad idea and milkweed will reign in those crappy fields within 3 years.

At the rate their dying off, I'm not certain they'll last 3 more years. An alternative would be to either ban Roundup ready corn or roundup itself. Or at least severely restrict its use.

I have never been a big ethanol fan. As far as reducing carbon emissions, it seems to be near neutral at best. I agree that their are unwanted side effects to ethanol and I would not put up a fight to protect it. I will, of course, put up a fight to use all other possible means to reduce GHG emissions. So, if actions taken to cut back on ethanol unavoidably also act against other GHG reductions, I would oppose them.

Green stupidity, and the AGW hoax are driving a beautiful species into extinction...for no good reason whatsoever.

The green movement is not stupid and AGW is not a hoax. The monarch might well be driven to extinction by this, but you're going to have to spread the blame a lot wider than you've done so far. I think the center of that shotgun spread ought to be the folks at Monsanto and the folks who approved Roundup Ready who didn't see the potential harm likely to come from dowsing millions of acres of croplands with herbicides. Now Roundup is actually relatively benign stuff (if you're not one of the thousands of plants it will kill in minues). It breaks down both at the surface and under the soil within 24 hours. It is not a persistent toxin. The problem here, of course, is the monoculture philosophy.

Also...interesting to note you cheerleading for kissmy's stupid claim of a 1% tax difference between gasoline and diesel.

You have me confused with someone else. I've made no comment on this gas vs diesel discussion.

Do you need a braille screen? Translator?

Last edited:

Milkweed in cultivated fields aren't what the monarch depended on...it was all those fallow fields that had reverted to nature which are now planted as a result of ethanol subsidies.

Your point is valid.

At the rate their dying off, I'm not certain they'll last 3 more years. An alternative would be to either ban Roundup ready corn or roundup itself. Or at least severely restrict its use.

I have never been a big ethanol fan. As far as reducing carbon emissions, it seems to be near neutral at best. I agree that their are unwanted side effects to ethanol and I would not put up a fight to protect it. I will, of course, put up a fight to use all other possible means to reduce GHG emissions. So, if actions taken to cut back on ethanol unavoidably also act against other GHG reductions, I would oppose them.

Green stupidity, and the AGW hoax are driving a beautiful species into extinction...for no good reason whatsoever.

The green movement is not stupid and AGW is not a hoax. The monarch might well be driven to extinction by this, but you're going to have to spread the blame a lot wider than you've done so far. I think the center of that shotgun spread ought to be the folks at Monsanto and the folks who approved Roundup Ready who didn't see the potential harm likely to come from dowsing millions of acres of croplands with herbicides. Now Roundup is actually relatively benign stuff (if you're not one of the thousands of plants it will kill in minues). It breaks down both at the surface and under the soil within 24 hours. It is not a persistent toxin. The problem here, of course, is the monoculture philosophy.

Also...interesting to note you cheerleading for kissmy's stupid claim of a 1% tax difference between gasoline and diesel.

You have me confused with someone else. I've made no comment on this gas vs diesel discussion.

Roundup and GM corn are not driving the monarch into extinction...it is an unintended consequence and logical conclusion of poorly thought out green dreams that is driving the monarch into extinction...the same sort of unintended consequences that are killing millions and causing unmeasurable misery in the third world.

Do you need a braille screen? Translator?

You still talking? Let me know when you have an observed, measured example of energy transferring from a cold object to a warm object at ambient temperature...till then, you are doing nothing but professing your faith. Fine if you want to believe...Without some actual evidence, however, I don't.

You are a lying retard! The EIA says the average tax difference between Gasoline & Diesel for all states & federal combined is 6.53 cents. That equals 1.7% difference in tax on $3.79 Diesel. Go ahead & try to lie some more you stupid ass!!!!!!!!

Again how is the 1.7% tax difference accounting for the over 25% lower gasoline price?

The problem is that you can't see through to the bottom line. There is a 6 cent difference between the federal tax on gasoline and diesel to begin with, then you add on the individual state road tax.

Ethanol may be a bit cheaper at the pump, but the cost of the subsidies, and the damage it causes to engines not designed to burn it (most) makes ethanol much more expensive than gasoline.

Ethanol is an excellent solvent...it dissolves plastic, rubber and even aluminum.

Ethanol is a drying agent...it causes rubber seals and hoses to become brittle and crack.

Ethanol is an excellent cleanser and while one might "think" that is a good thing, it cleans years of deposits in older engines and washes that gunk which was not a problem right through the engine, which is a problem.

Ethanol will absorb, and combine with water...result...bad outcome for engines not specifically designed for it.

Ethanol ignites at a higher temperature than gasoline...result, higher combustion chamber temperatures resulting in damage to pistons.

Look at the fine print of your auto manufacturer warranty..if you are burning ethanol and your engine is damaged by it, the manufacturer is not going to cover the damage.

And since there is less energy in a gallon of ethanol "enriched" gas than standard gasoline, we get fewer miles per gallon..also increasing the cost.

Cost to repair the sort of damage ethanol can range from 2000 to 8000 per vehicle according to consumer reports...multiply that times the number of engines running in the US that aren't specifically designed to run on ethanol.

And like most green initiatives, it harms the poor the most since they can least afford a fuel that causes their gas mileage to drop and causes damage to their engines...and how are they going to afford a new vehicle when ethanol kills their clunker..

And ethanol subsidies have the added bonus of driving the monarch butterfly into extinction.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about ethanol being cheaper in the long run than you are...in typical liberal fashion..you simply can't follow your idea out to its logical end. You get worked up over the surface gloss and fail to see the rot underneath.

You are a lying retard! The EIA says the average tax difference between Gasoline & Diesel for all states & federal combined is 6.53 cents. That equals 1.7% difference in tax on $3.79 Diesel. Go ahead & try to lie some more you stupid ass!!!!!!!!

Again how is the 1.7% tax difference accounting for the over 25% lower gasoline price?

The problem is that you can't see through to the bottom line. There is a 6 cent difference between the federal tax on gasoline and diesel to begin with, then you add on the individual state road tax.

Ethanol may be a bit cheaper at the pump, but the cost of the subsidies, and the damage it causes to engines not designed to burn it (most) makes ethanol much more expensive than gasoline.

Ethanol is an excellent solvent...it dissolves plastic, rubber and even aluminum.

Ethanol is a drying agent...it causes rubber seals and hoses to become brittle and crack.

Ethanol is an excellent cleanser and while one might "think" that is a good thing, it cleans years of deposits in older engines and washes that gunk which was not a problem right through the engine, which is a problem.

Ethanol will absorb, and combine with water...result...bad outcome for engines not specifically designed for it.

Ethanol ignites at a higher temperature than gasoline...result, higher combustion chamber temperatures resulting in damage to pistons.

Look at the fine print of your auto manufacturer warranty..if you are burning ethanol and your engine is damaged by it, the manufacturer is not going to cover the damage.

And since there is less energy in a gallon of ethanol "enriched" gas than standard gasoline, we get fewer miles per gallon..also increasing the cost.

Cost to repair the sort of damage ethanol can range from 2000 to 8000 per vehicle according to consumer reports...multiply that times the number of engines running in the US that aren't specifically designed to run on ethanol.

And like most green initiatives, it harms the poor the most since they can least afford a fuel that causes their gas mileage to drop and causes damage to their engines...and how are they going to afford a new vehicle when ethanol kills their clunker..

And ethanol subsidies have the added bonus of driving the monarch butterfly into extinction.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about ethanol being cheaper in the long run than you are...in typical liberal fashion..you simply can't follow your idea out to its logical end. You get worked up over the surface gloss and fail to see the rot underneath.

The data proves KissMy is correct. You failed your point & reverted to oil company strawman talking points attacks on ethanol.

The data proves KissMy is correct. You failed your point & reverted to oil company strawman talking points attacks on ethanol.

Sorry, but kiss my was wrong...the numbers themselves prove him wrong....the additional costs of ethanol make him, and you, very wrong. And the damage caused by ethanol is not a straw man..the damage is real and being documented every day. Nice of you to identify yourself as a very shallow thinker though....always helps to know what sort of person you are talking to.

Forum List

Back