Phoenix mosque to be target of Muhammad cartoon contest

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the reaction would be if a whole bunch of Muslims decided to protest Christianity, and decided to have a prayer meeting on the sidewalk (public property, and anyone can use it) just outside of a church, rolling out prayer rugs and praying to Mecca? Or, what if a whole bunch of Muslims decided to have an "art contest" outside of a Catholic cathedral, or Jewish Temple?

I'm guessing that instead of people shouting to allow them their free speech, most people in this country would view it as a terrorist attack.

that's happening in France but I don't know the exact locations but I'll try t get the video . As far as I'm concerned any religion in the USA can do anything they like where its legal . It wouldn't bother me , I might show up to watch , see what happens . By the way , difference might be that the Phoenix ART show wasn't a religious gathering as far as I know 'BikerS' . Art show outside of a Catholic Cathedral or Synagogue l , I might show up across the street to sell the hot dogs .

that's happening in France but I don't know the exact locations but I'll try t get the video . As far as I'm concerned any religion in the USA can do anything they like where its legal . It wouldn't bother me , I might show up to watch , see what happens . By the way , difference might be that the Phoenix ART show wasn't a religious gathering as far as I know 'BikerS' . Art show outside of a Catholic Cathedral or Synagogue l , I might show up across the street to sell the hot dogs .

Yeah..............I heard about one guy over in Europe laying out something like 157 prayer rugs in a town square as a demonstration of support for Muslims.

Hey...................I agree, you can do anything you want if it's legal. I mean crap, we allow the Westboro Baptist Church to protest gays and soldiers.

And yeah................I like your hotdog idea. Mind if I borrow it if something like that happens in Amarillo?

see my link just above your post , its illegal to do street praying in France , against the law since 2011 I think 'BikerS' . See muslims in action in iran and the 'Islamic state' and in Minnesota . Anyway , I have no problem with messing with Catholics , my problem is with the muslim religion as I don't think that islam is compatible with western society , laws , traditions and thought .

This is the way I see things here.....black people have had to deal with negative stereotypes in the movies, ads, etc.....for many many many years, so have hispanics, jews, etc.....but this is america and if people don't like the way the white people roll, (cause they the one's doing all this shit), than damit pack your muslim bags and go home. We are a nation of free speech and you chose to come here....America didn't come to you, you came to america....You don't like the way rednecks in America roll, than leave!!

think I agree with most or at least some of your post . The way I see it though is that its the Americans that run the show TRed !!

You seem to have missed the question: Who's denying free speech to anyone?

The left has not done particularly well in you war on civil liberties as of late. The defeat in the Hobby Lobby case was particularly devastating to the cause of ending the 1st Amendment.

Who is denying free speech? Obama and the democrats, but you got smacked down hard by the SCOTUS; so now the left is reduced to bitching about Geller and other enemies of the party having free speech.

My reply to post #1: nothing happened, no violence, no bloody confrontations. No one was hurt and no property was damaged. Unlike Christians, apostates or agnostics in Muslim countries. This is incredible, the focus on this when Muslims commit such horrid atrocities.

My reply to post #1: nothing happened, no violence, no bloody confrontations. No one was hurt and no property was damaged. Unlike Christians, apostates or agnostics in Muslim countries. This is incredible, the focus on this when Muslims commit such horrid atrocities.
The war on Islamization has just started, we'll see what will happen next then our children and grandchildren see the effects.

Islam doesn't suffer trolls or critics or free speech. Islam is a sect that at it's very heart is about dominating and controlling, subjugating, SUBMISSION. Islam means submission. A good muslim, will not tolerate another way of thought, a good muslim will not allow criticism of islam, a good muslim works to convert or...Enough. People mock Christian republican conservatives, feel free. Nobody is going to put out a death decree and have some psychopaths chop off your head. Yuck it up. But Good muslims, hard saying what they will do to you if you dare put them on the same level of scrutiny, mockery or criticism like liberal trolls are prone too do...liberals are such cowards.

PHOENIX -- Local police and the FBI say they're aware that a man is planning a rally outside a Phoenix mosque during Friday prayer services that will include a contest of drawings depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Phoenix mosque to be target of Muhammad cartoon contest - CBS News

On the one hand, you have a Constitution given right to protect your freedom of speech. On the other hand, why do you need to be an asshole in order to enjoy this kind of freedom? Of course, you can call Muslims savages and portray their Prophet in a negative way but why? Why do you have to insult other people on purpose in order to express yourself and prove you are still free? I don't understand that. There are a lot of things you are allowed to do in this country. Yet, knowing that it can be insulting for your friends, relatives and other people, you don't do them. Why don't we treat Muslims the same way?

i heard this mosque produced two terrorists who committed a terrorist act on American soil. If true than maybe a friendly warning is in order

Interesting pwjohn.........................if people commit a terrorist act in the name of their religion on American soil, what kind of "friendly warning" is in order?

And.........................if you believe that people committing a terrorist attack in the name of their religion should be prosecuted, then why aren't there more people talking about the bombing and shooting of abortion clinics and their doctors?

Christians commit terrorist attacks too.

Interesting pwjohn.........................if people commit a terrorist act in the name of their religion on American soil, what kind of "friendly warning" is in order?

And.........................if you believe that people committing a terrorist attack in the name of their religion should be prosecuted, then why aren't there more people talking about the bombing and shooting of abortion clinics and their doctors?

Christians commit terrorist attacks too.

That's a silly question on your part because the friendly warning is what this thread is all about.

As for the other, that's a matter for law enforcement.

Forum List

Back