Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Ben

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nethier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As a Raider fan, I have been on both the good and bad calls, however, it is what it is.

All I know is I'd rather be in those games then not.

So, Seattle needs to buck up and take it like a winning team, if you get in enough big games you'll find calls go for and against. Look at their game with the Packers last year. They are lucky to be in a high profile game.

So, the bitching and moaning over a game four years ago is silly.

Still whining about Tate's winning TD? The call was correct.

I'm not whining, I didn't care who won. I'm just pointing out the fact that when calls go your way, you are fine, when calls go against you, you bitch.

I myself would rather be in a high profile game and have a call go against me, then not be in a high profile game at all. That was my point, I don't give a damn about a Packer Hawk game, I didn't even watch it.

If you didn't watch the game then how do you know the call was bad? The replay official was a regular NFL official and the league reviewed the play and determined that the call was good. The reason why Green Bay lost was not because of one play. They lost because Rodgers spent much of the game on his back. Also the GB defender could have simply batted the ball out of bounds..instead he made the poor choice of attempting to catch the ball.

Last edited:
Still whining about Tate's winning TD? The call was correct.

I'm not whining, I didn't care who won. I'm just pointing out the fact that when calls go your way, you are fine, when calls go against you, you bitch.

I myself would rather be in a high profile game and have a call go against me, then not be in a high profile game at all. That was my point, I don't give a damn about a Packer Hawk game, I didn't even watch it.

If you didn't watch the game then how do you know the call was bad? The replay official was a regular NFL official and the league reviewed the play and determined that the call was good. The reason why Green Bay lost was not because of one play. They lost because Rodgers spent much of the game on his back. Also the GB defender could have simply batted the ball out of bounds..instead he made the poor choice of attempting to catch the ball.

Again, it was not the point, sorry you don't get it.

I got the point. You are attempting to equate one good call with several bad calls. Point taken.

I got the point. You are attempting to equate one good call with several bad calls. Point taken.

No, good and bad calls happen over and over and over, true champions rise above the bad calls, of course being a Seahawk fan, you wouldn't know about true champions.

where is this choking thing coming from? he went to 2 bowls is 1-1, he should have been to at least 2 more but his D blew chunks ( Dunghy was/is WAY overrated), Vandrjagt choked, and Nick Harper let himself get tackled BY Roethlisberger :lol:, and-plus the last SB, Caldwell got totally owned by the NO coach ( Payton).....

Chokes big time in big games. Goes back to Tennessee

Year in, year out, Indy was a top rated team winning 12-14 games. Come playoff time they lost, often at home. Indy won one championship in Peyton's reign...just one
What happened against the Saints? Saints onside kick to take a 4 point lead. Peyton is down four in the fourth quarter with the ball. What would brother Eli do in this situation? We saw in two Superbowl wins. Peyton?
Peyton threw a pick 6 that turned a four point deficit to an 11 point deficit

Great QBs come up great in big games.....Peyton never did

Peyton only lost to Florida. They had the better team, not the better QB. If the Gators had Peyton Manning they might have beat Nebraska.

where is this choking thing coming from? he went to 2 bowls is 1-1, he should have been to at least 2 more but his D blew chunks ( Dunghy was/is WAY overrated), Vandrjagt choked, and Nick Harper let himself get tackled BY Roethlisberger :lol:, and-plus the last SB, Caldwell got totally owned by the NO coach ( Payton).....

Year in, year out, Indy was a top rated team winning 12-14 games. Come playoff time they lost, often at home. Indy won one championship in Peyton's reign...just one
What happened against the Saints? Saints onside kick to take a 4 point lead. Peyton is down four in the fourth quarter with the ball. What would brother Eli do in this situation? We saw in two Superbowl wins. Peyton?

Peyton only lost to Florida. They had the better team, not the better QB. If the Gators had Peyton Manning they might have beat Nebraska.

Watched that Florida/Nebraska game. I don't think if Florida had The Good Lord himself as QB they would have beaten the Huskers on that day. Tommie Frazier may have been the greatest college quarterback in big games of all time.

Watched that Florida/Nebraska game. I don't think if Florida had The Good Lord himself as QB they would have beaten the Huskers on that day. Tommie Frazier may have been the greatest college quarterback in big games of all time.

Florida looked clueless on how to stop the option run game and their QB didn't do them any favors.

Florida looked clueless on how to stop the option run game and their QB didn't do them any favors.

To this day ill never understand why they got away from the option? Went from a year in, year out contender to mediocre at best

To this day ill never understand why they got away from the option? Went from a year in, year out contender to mediocre at best

Their fans expected to win and when Osborne retired they didn't allow for Solich to get comfortable.

As a Steelers fan, I am biased. I'll take Ben.

I'll tell you why....

I see a lot being made about the Steelers' defense...but I didn't notice anyone talk about the Offensives Line differences or the talent at skill positions OTHER than QB.

Manning had shitloads of talent at OL, WR, TE, and RB.

Ben had virtually nothing at OL and hit or miss talent at the skill positions. The Steelers have just recently started to invest high round talent in OL.

We had Wallace at WR and an aging Hinds Ward...Ward was basically non-functional in his last two years and Wallace became a.malcontent after one very good season. We had Santonio Holmes who had talent, but was one toke away from a full year suspension. At TE, we have Miller....but Heath, while a great overall TE...will never be mistaken for Dallas Clark in the receiving category.

Teams are built by ideology. The Steelers are traditionally an organization that believes in building defense and the running first....there is only so much room under the salary cap.... So the passing game tends to lag behind....simply look at the teams fielded between Bradshaw and Ben for a fine example of the way the organization has approached building their teams.

Recently, they have started to change that direction and started to build the offense around Ben a little more. Once the line gets some experience together and gels....I think that Ben's stats get better than they already are.

Ben runs for his life more than any other QB in the league, and it's amazing what he can pull off while doing it. He reminds me of Favre with his spontaneity and Tarkington with his escapability.

I'll tell you why....

I see a lot being made about the Steelers' defense...but I didn't notice anyone talk about the Offensives Line differences or the talent at skill positions OTHER than QB.

Ben had virtually nothing at OL and hit or miss talent at the skill positions. The Steelers have just recently started to invest high round talent in OL.

We had Wallace at WR and an aging Hinds Ward...Ward was basically non-functional in his last two years and Wallace became a.malcontent after one very good season. We had Santonio Holmes who had talent, but was one toke away from a full year suspension. At TE, we have Miller....but Heath, while a great overall TE...will never be mistaken for Dallas Clark in the receiving category.

Teams are built by ideology. The Steelers are traditionally an organization that believes in building defense and the running first....there is only so much room under the salary cap.... So the passing game tends to lag behind....simply look at the teams fielded between Bradshaw and Ben for a fine example of the way the organization has approached building their teams.

Recently, they have started to change that direction and started to build the offense around Ben a little more. Once the line gets some experience together and gels....I think that Ben's stats get better than they already are.

Ben runs for his life more than any other QB in the league, and it's amazing what he can pull off while doing it. He reminds me of Favre with his spontaneity and Tarkington with his escapability.

...... And he still had to rely on his defense to win SB 40 and 43.

I'll tell you why....

...... And he still had to rely on his defense to win SB 40 and 43.

....and some extraordinarily bad calls from a home town ref...

I'll tell you why....

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'll take Big Ben any day of the year over Peyton not only for many of the good valid reasons you listed but like I said before,when its clutch time in the final two minutes,betwen those two quarterbacks,I want Big Ben everytime in the big game.The regular season,Manning will look more impressive but when it comes to the Big game,Ben is the one I want.for this reason below.

Big Ben,Manning like Marino,puts up big numbers but in the BIG games,he chokes as evidenced in that Broncos/Ravens game when he made that crazy decision to throw across his body going backwards which cost them the game in overtime.Sure he beat the bears in the superbowl but that team was carried to the superbowl by their defense and special teams.Look who the quarterback was. Rex Grossman, a journeyman quarterback who showed his true colors in that game.

He was so horrible that they had many 3 and outs and the bears defense was left on the field all day too tired to ruse the passer by halftime that manning had a field day with them. where Ben came throuh in the clutch in the last few minutes of the cardinals game which had a pretty good defense that year and beat a future hall of famer in Curt Warner as well.I'll take Big ben any day of the year.

Plus as much as I hate giving him credit for it,Rightwinger nailed it in his post # 23 on page two.

Last edited:

I'll tell you why....

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'll take Big Ben any day of the year over Peyton not only for many of the good valid reasons you listed but like I said before,when its clutch time in the final two minutes,betwen those two quarterbacks,I want Big Ben everytime in the big game.The regular season,Manning will look more impressive but when it comes to the Big game,Ben is the one I want.for this reason below.

Big Ben,Manning like Marino,puts up big numbers but in the BIG games,he chokes as evidenced in that Broncos/Ravens game when he made that crazy decision to throw across his body going backwards which cost them the game in overtime.Sure he beat the bears in the superbowl but that team was carried to the superbowl by their defense and special teams.Look who the quarterback was. Rex Grossman, a journeyman quarterback who showed his true colors in that game.

He was so horrible that they had many 3 and outs and the bears defense was left on the field all day too tired to ruse the passer by halftime that manning had a field day with them. where Ben came throuh in the clutch in the last few minutes of the cardinals game which had a pretty good defense that year and beat a future hall of famer in Curt Warner as well.I'll take Big ben any day of the year.

Plus as much as I hate giving him credit for it,Rightwinger nailed it in his post # 23 on page two.

Good Post. Ben has been a great big game QB. Except for the last superbowl he was in, he's does well in the playoffs and never really plays that poorly in the post season.

I'd hate to say one or the other is better but nobody can evade tackles and extend plays like Big Ben. They're really two very different Qbs.

Also, why don't you bury the hatchet with RightWinger? You two should be friends.

Ben has been to 3 superbowls and won 2. I think that is pretty impressive and I dont know how many times he got them to the play offs.. Peyton has only been to one.. case closed..

Ben has been to 3 superbowls and won 2. I think that is pretty impressive and I dont know how many times he got them to the play offs.. Peyton has only been to one.. case closed..

He's been to two and is 1-1 and how is Superbowl appearance the only criteria? Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer each won a Superbowl, do you think They are both better than Dan Marino? There is more to a team than a quarterback.

He's been to two and is 1-1 and how is Superbowl appearance the only criteria? Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer each won a Superbowl, do you think They are both better than Dan Marino? There is more to a team than a quarterback.

So did Doug Williams and he couldn't even keep his job on the team.

No its not the ONLY critera.Yeah that would be foolish to say that just because Dilfer and Johnson won the superbowl that they are better than Marino.:lol:

But what I said earlier that keeps getting ignored on this thread by the Manning apologists is that Big Ben came up HUGE in the superbowl when it was gut check time against the cardinals and beat a hall of famer in Kurt Warner. who did Manning beat in the superbowl? a journeyman quarterback named Rex Grossman who is out of a job as a starting quarterback in the league. It was a fluke the bears got to the superbowl that year.

They made it mostly because of special teams and a strong defense that bailed their offense out most the season.this time the special teams could not come up with big plays and Rex Grossman showd his true colors that day and because of that,the bears defense was on the field all day long so it was a fiedl day for Manning having to face a worn out and tired defense in the second half from having so many 3 and outs.

When Manning had to face an excellent quaterback in Drew Brees in the superbowl,he plain choked and could not get the job done when the game was on the line.He choked and lost the game for them last year against the Raven in another Big game.Big Ben doesnt choke in big games when the game is on the line,Manning does,thats WHY the case is closed.

This is also a point I have repeated too many times that keeps getting ignored by the Manning apologists,Manning is like Marino,you want impressive stats and impressive numbers,then Manning is your quarterback.

You want a SUPERBOWL ring and want a quarterback who can come up and win the BIG game,Big Ben is your man as evidenced against his performance against the cardinals in the superbowl which had a very good defense he had to face.It wasnt a defense that was on the field all day long either.:cuckoo:

again,the proof is in the pudding,you want a clutch QB who can win the BIG game when the game is on the line? Big Ben is your man.case closed.

I cant ever remember Big Ben costing the steelers a costly game in the playoffs by throwing an ill advised interception in overtime like Manning did last year against the broncos and has so many other times in the past.:cuckoo:

Manning and Rothlesberger are the same as Montana and Marino.Marino like Manning,had inpressive stats and numbers but choked when the big game was on the line.Montana came up big and clutch situations.Big Ben did it.Manning hasnt,Big Ben like Montana,is the one you want behind center in the big game with the game on the line.CASE CLOSED.

this year you can count on Manning playing much better than Big Ben because the steelers hired idiot Todd haley as their offensive coordinater,Ben hates him rightly so because his offense is very conservative.They have failed to put up big numbers on offense ever since he took over.

Last edited:
Seriously, your argument fails when you call Kurt Warner a HOF QB, he is in the Arena Football HOF, not the Pro Football HOF.

Arizona was a 9-7 team that year and a 7 point dog, however they almost pulled off and upset and the Steelers didn't cover the spread. 27-23. Warner had a passer rating that year of 96.9, which was his best in over six year. His best rating the year before was 89.8. His career rating is 93.7

Colts went up against the Bear were 13-3 and the Colts were 12-4, the Colts were favored by 7, they won 29-17 after trailing 14-6 in the first quarter.

Saints had Brees and the Colts lost. Big Ben couldn't beat a sixth seeded Packer team because of a superior QB in Rogers. And of course Ben beat another average QB in 2005.

The Steelers are more known by defense than offense and that won them against Seattle and helped a lot in 2008. Manning has never enjoyed a great defense, just average or below.

So against mediocre QB's, Ben is 2-0, against great QB's, 0-1.
Against mediocre QB's, Peyton is 1-0, against great QB's, 0-1.

Not very closed to me.

Forum List

Back